New anime confirmed!!

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Re: New anime confirmed!!

Post by dialdfordesi »

The latest I've seen is that it will be a series of movies that covers the whole manga series. No word yet on the release.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Mail
Mastered PM

Post by Mail »

Damn, I was really hoping they would go with episodes.
brunoafh
This is my new home

Post by brunoafh »

Yeah, the first bit is definitely going to be a film. They just (I think?) updated the Berserk section of the Young Animal site, and it makes it pretty clear the teasers we've seen have been for a "commercial film".

http://www.younganimal.com/berserk/

I was hoping for an episodic thing too though.
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

It does suck that the new animations won't have episodic releases but the films should allow for better animation and quality control. I'm not too happy about its release in film form, just tryin to make the best of it.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

It would give them much more time to carefully revise the story and not leave stuff like that line about "king Griffith" in the anime. Also, Puck would be in it.
Last edited by War Machine on Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
legato
Found the Edit button

Post by legato »

So, has there been real news yet? everytime I see someone posted on this topic I check hoping for news... Disappointing, I don't want to read about some RPG of any kind.
Or whining about how it's gonna suck, save that for when there is something to whine about, for now it's great they are doing ANYTHING AT ALL as opposed to the years of silence.
It may be the best thing you ever seen or it may suck and everything in between but let's not jump to conclusions after seeing 45 seconds of footage (posted months ago)
I realize I'm new here and I'm not really adding to the discussion here, but I think most people who regularly check this thread agree.
TheParagon
Mastered PM

Post by TheParagon »

at first page of berserk 320 it says "The new anime project is underway!" (with no extra explainations or anything). (and next berserk is may 13 :))
sandimas
notanewb

Post by sandimas »

This berserk will take a few more yrs. its been in the making since what 2008?
banned from evil genius twice, from sk.net twice, facebook a lot, cant count, from hi5 too many!
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I heard the first movie was coming out later this year.
sandimas
notanewb

Post by sandimas »

heard from where? the toilet?

there is no release date, and since miura takes yrs to make 30 min in entertaiment, I think this will take yrs. :lol:
banned from evil genius twice, from sk.net twice, facebook a lot, cant count, from hi5 too many!
sandimas
notanewb

Post by sandimas »

oh cool.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

legato
Found the Edit button

Post by legato »

Still hoping for that June-July-August release... I'll be in Japan, waiting at the local theatre :D
Aluja
Mastered PM

Post by Aluja »

Yes, now the other question...Worldwide? Or only in Japan? If it's only in Japan, we're screwed, it means we're gonna have to wait for the DVD's or the BR's....And they usually take a long ass time, I'm looking at you Evangelion...
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Aluja wrote:Yes, now the other question...Worldwide? Or only in Japan? If it's only in Japan, we're screwed, it means we're gonna have to wait for the DVD's or the BR's....And they usually take a long ass time, I'm looking at you Evangelion...
How are you getting the manga chapters? You're not waiting for the Dark Horse releases, are you?
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Aluja
Mastered PM

Post by Aluja »

I download them from EG and I buy from Darkhorse as well.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

I'm just saying that you can view the movie even if it's only released in Japan in the same way you view the latest manga chapters that are only released in Japan.
Aluja
Mastered PM

Post by Aluja »

I won't lay a single stare at a cam version if that's what you're saying.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Aluja wrote:I won't lay a single stare at a cam version if that's what you're saying.
There's R5 (pretty good quality) and TS (varies from acceptable to good) aside from CAM (usually crap).
Aluja
Mastered PM

Post by Aluja »

I know there are a few decent formats, but still, I wanna see Berserk in its full glory!
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Aluja wrote:I know there are a few decent formats, but still, I wanna see Berserk in its full glory!
How many anime movies arrive to movie theaters outside Japan anyway? You can probably count them with one hand. I really doubt this new anime will make its official voyage overseas until the DVD release.
Aluja
Mastered PM

Post by Aluja »

The only one I can remember is that one of DBZ which was in Italy at the time, and I didn't understand a thing of it, a shame....

But you're right, then again there's hoping, I mean the people working on the anime were "amazed" how many foreigners like Berserk.
legato
Found the Edit button

Post by legato »

I wouldn't count on a theatre release outside of Japan, although they COULD show it at some anime/comic convention like they did with the Trigun movie some time ago.
For the rest, it's like any other anime movie, we need to wait for the DVD/BR to be released and someone to rip it, translate et. Worst case scenario: it might take a year or so.
But if we're lucky the sequel will be released by then, that way we can have annual berserk movies.

And there is hoping for translated dvd/bluray releases ofc.
Aluja
Mastered PM

Post by Aluja »

Good valid points, didn't think of them.