New anime confirmed!!

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Re: New anime confirmed!!

Post by Rolos »

A woman, playing a man!?
NEVER!
The glorious tradition of our forefathers clearly states: All women´s roles must be played by feather-clad men, and all men´s roles should be fulfilled, if possible, by a pack of wild capuccinos hankering for a new primate war.

ANDALUZ!

P.S. Though I usually dismiss most dubs as absolute shit, Berserk´s dubs were particularly bad and I hated them.
I kid.
They were... acceptable. I usually prefer to watch works in the original language in which they were made, but there are exceptions.
Exceptions like hbi2k´s Berserk abridged series, which I´m convinced could have made for a very unique dub, had he gone throught the years of preparation to become a professional voice-actor, befriended the producer of Berserk to get the job, blackmailed the original voice-actor to make him quit and, of course, travelled back in time to work on the original release.

It would have been so much better than this:

And this:

Caska´s voice would have rocked the world.

P.S. This keyboard.... is evil.
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
CCS
imanewbie

Post by CCS »

So do you guys think it's a good idea for them to start the series of movies by covering the Black Swordsman arc? I personally think the first 3 volumes are the weakest part of the manga, though when I posted this opinion on Skullknight.net I got shouted at for being a cretin. But personally I don't think the first 3 volumes have the intensity or depth of the Golden Age or what comes after, which might hurt its chances at attracting a large audience. The Golden Age seems like it would warrant more than one movie if they want to do it right, but it's such a complex piece that it could be told over the course of two movies and still have a solid three-act structure in each movie.
They could allude to the events of the first 3 volumes in a short intro sort of like how the first few minutes of the Gurren Lagann movie foreshadows what happens in the second movie. {url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKUM-FZrBS0[/url]

Anyway I'm curious to think what you guys think.
MY ART (LOTS OF BERSERK FANART) http://ccs1989.deviantart.com
TheParagon
Mastered PM

Post by TheParagon »

the snake baron part wasnt that good really, not bad but not good. but its very short. but the count (the snail monster) part i really liked

edit: but i still think all should be in the anime, cuz it all fills some part of the story line, and also cuz they will catch up eventually anyway so they have no reason to remove that kind of material
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, I agree with Paragon.
CCS
imanewbie

Post by CCS »

Alright true, I guess it wouldn't make a lot of sense to leave out parts of the story considering how few Berserk chapters come out per year.
You guys are a lot more polite that SK.net
MY ART (LOTS OF BERSERK FANART) http://ccs1989.deviantart.com
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Man, I can't believe I just read that last sentence. We've really lost our edge. :P

In all seriousness though, I too enjoyed the section with the slug count. The part with the snake baron is weak, but the first 3 volumes as a whole are important to the overall plot. I hope they include as much as possible and don't try to rush things, or worry about fitting everything into a set number of movies.
brunoafh
This is my new home

Post by brunoafh »

Yeah, I always felt it was an error to not include the part with the Count in the anime. There are a lot of cool things going on there, including a nice introduction of the God Hand. There were probably restriction issues (25 eps and whatnot), but they should have put the part with the Count in over the filler episodes that weren't even in the manga. The first episode of the Berserk anime was always the best one in my eyes (the Eclipse comes close).
jackalj
imanewbie

Post by jackalj »

a question, is Evil_genius going to translate the anime movie? or do we need to get the subbed version from somewhere else?
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

We haven't decided yet, but it's definitely a possibility. We'll see how it goes.
brunoafh
This is my new home

Post by brunoafh »

Hm, you guys might not? I mean, it's a guarantee that someone is going to fansub it, but I thought Berserk was EG's bag.
Last edited by brunoafh on Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

My optimism for this OVA is low. I've seen too much potential butchered in the past to feel too excited.

Favorite trailer is #2.
"Don't you get it yet?! If she's beautiful, you'll die instantly!!" Chopper
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Artezul wrote:My optimism for this OVA is low. I've seen too much potential butchered in the past to feel too excited.

Favorite trailer is #2.
I'm doing my best to withold judgement (either way) until I see it for myself.
revealer
imanewbie

Post by revealer »

snake baron part sucks cause Gutts got captured by a bunch of soldiers for the sake of the story -.-
brunoafh
This is my new home

Post by brunoafh »

revealer wrote:snake baron part sucks cause Gutts got captured by a bunch of soldiers for the sake of the story -.-
Something happened for the sake of the story? Sucks.
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

Hahahaha, nice.

As for the OVAS, I think they're gonna be crap, and that watching them is going to be an act of open masochism I´m going to put myself through purely out of self-loathing and the perverted sense of duty I feel towards Berserk.
Or at least that´s the state of mind I´m trying to cultivate in order to lower my expectations, and then either have my mind blown by the movie´s inequiparable awesomeness if it´s good, or feel smug about the fact that I accurately predicted what it would be like if it´s bad.
It´s a foolproof scheme, and the only requisite is being an awful human being for an indeterminate period of time!
I heartily reccomend it.
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
brunoafh
This is my new home

Post by brunoafh »

Your post made me laugh mentally. Gonna have to consider that book.
TheParagon
Mastered PM

Post by TheParagon »

i second that :D
TheParagon
Mastered PM

Post by TheParagon »

i second that :D
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

third
third
third that 8)
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
jistanidiot
imanewbie

Post by jistanidiot »

Why does the old saying "Careful what you wish for, you just might get it" comes to mind?

Anyway, I'd rather them start from the beginning. Just for the simple fact that I don't ever want to see any kind of filler. If they're slow enough to producing these things Mr. I-take-a-six=month=break=after=every=chapter might actually be done and we won't have to worry about some horrible filler (a-la Bleach).

That's my biggest concern.
morkar
imanewbie

Post by morkar »

You're right!! I dont want to see some stupids filler like Guts and co. going to the beach that would be horrible..
By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher. -Socrates
citanuzuki666
notanewb

Post by citanuzuki666 »

morkar wrote:You're right!! I dont want to see some stupids filler like Guts and co. going to the beach that would be horrible..
I would personally enjoy an episode where the band of the hawk goes to a beach named the eclipse, and everybody gets raped by the sun. Corkus would get stung by a jelly fish, and Judeau would have to go home from heat exhaustion. The end of the episode would end greatly when Caska announced to everyone that she and guts are pregnant!
Aluja
Mastered PM

Post by Aluja »

Wait...Guts is pregnant?!
TheParagon
Mastered PM

Post by TheParagon »

the conversations here have really gone off track... i guess ppl are getting delirious from the lack of new berserk material. soon ppl will start drawing their own berserk fan chapters just to decieve themselves it is miuras own work - so they can pretend berserk is still regularly ongoing
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

TheParagon wrote:the conversations here have really gone off track... i guess ppl are getting delirious from the lack of new berserk material. soon ppl will start drawing their own berserk fan chapters just to decieve themselves it is miuras own work - so they can pretend berserk is still regularly ongoing
I think someone already did something like that. :lol: I don't remember the thread, but there was one guy who was drawing chapters of an ending to Berserk.