New anime confirmed!!

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Re: New anime confirmed!!

Post by lon3vvolf »

2nd the comment above.

I know this is a scanlation site... is it possible we can get an explanation what this is? I'm not asking for a whole translation but the "Survive" part has something with a 2011 on it.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

lon3vvolf wrote:2nd the comment above.

I know this is a scanlation site... is it possible we can get an explanation what this is? I'm not asking for a whole translation but the "Survive" part has something with a 2011 on it.
I tried, man, but the text is too blurry and I'm not that fluent in japanese to guess what these characters are, I mean, look at this:

That's the kanji for blurry, I guess.

Though I think it simply says something along the lines of "survive for the release in 2011, blah blah blah awesome, go see it" or some other propaganda to build hype.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

Ya way too blurry to read. The text on the thing doesn't seem too important though. It's mainly just a hype poster.

Though it is confirmed to be mid 2011 on the twitter.
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

No worries. I know we are all foaming at the mouth for any information anime/manga release. I know when it comes out everyone here will watch the raw, then a fansub, but the important thing to do will be actually buying it and showing support.
revealer
imanewbie

Post by revealer »

Caska looks nothing like herself
hbi2k
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by hbi2k »

Survive!!*

[spoiler]*Note: They don't.[/spoiler]
Berserk: The Abridged Series: Beating a dead horse with another dead horse.
citanuzuki666
notanewb

Post by citanuzuki666 »

hbi2k wrote:Survive!!*

LOL
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

hbi2k wrote:Survive!!*

Can't argue that. :lol:
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well, two of them did. :P
TheParagon
Mastered PM

Post by TheParagon »

Starnum wrote:Well, two of them did. :P
three*
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

2.833, uh, repeating of course.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

TheParagon wrote:
three*
Oh right. I tend to forget about Rickert since we don't see him that often anymore, and he wasn't actually in the eclipse.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Starnum wrote:
TheParagon wrote:
three*
Oh right. I tend to forget about Rickert since we don't see him that often anymore, and he wasn't actually in the eclipse.
*... It's 4. Everyone just failed the pop quiz.

Guts, Caska, Rickert and Griffith are still alive.
DrPepperPro wrote:2.833, uh, repeating of course.
32.333?
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Damnit, lol! That traitor doesn't count.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Arguably, "Griffith" didn't survive the eclipse; rather it was "Femto".
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

You're all wrong! WRONG!
Three.
Point.
Five.

Gametes are people too.

P.S.Which I guess makes us all genocidal maniacs.

[spoiler]Internet Accomplishment #67: Insert gratuitous masturbation joke on completely unrelated discussion: UNLOCKED[/spoiler]
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

Gametes are technically just half of something that can create a rapidly growing group of cells that can invade surrounding tissues, traits that describe tumors or fetuses.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

You're right.
3.0000000000001 of those present in the picture survived the eclipse, in terms of spatial continuity.
(Griffith kinda disintegrated, so he doesn't count).

P.S. Loved the comparison between embryos and tumors. Good, solid comedy material there, if anyone's willing to work with it.
I can almost see it: "Tumor Johnny, space detective".
P.S.S. Aren't zygotes totipotential? A tumor is just a bunch of cells that doesn't know when to stop, right, like that idiot who keeps screaming even though the party's over?
Man, this is all comedy gold. Does anyone know of any micro-biology themed comedian? Because I'd totally watch that guy.
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Um. If the child is actually Guts son, then Caska and Guts had sex long enough before the eclipse that the egg should already have been fertilized. As to whether the resulting embryo could count as a person at that point...well to discuss that we'd inevitably have to open this entire thread up to a debate about ABORTION. :D
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

We were talking about the people in the picture, Guts and Caska haven't done anything yet at that point where Griffith is still the active leader.

Of the 7 people on the picture, 4 survive. I win. :whip:
greak
imanewbie

Post by greak »

ANIME NEWS: 'Berserk' feature film anime due out this year
Translated by The Asahi Shimbun from the website of Anime Anime Japan Ltd.
An animated feature film based on the dark fantasy epic manga "Berserk" is destined to hit theaters this year, publisher Hakusensha Inc. said this month.

The much-anticipated feature film will be the first part of the "Berserk: Saga Project," in which all episodes of the original comic will be adapted as anime.

"Berserk," manga artist Kentaro Miura's best known work, has been running in Hakusensha's biweekly Young Animal comic magazine for more than 20 years.

The series, set in a war-torn medieval world, is hailed as a masterpiece of dark fantasy. The story follows Guts, a sword warrior who carries a huge blade as he sets out on a journey of revenge.

The original manga is now in its 35th volume, with a combined total of 30 million copies in print.

The manga has been recognized for its excellence, winning the outstanding award at the sixth installment of Tezuka Osamu Cultural Prize in 2002.

It also enjoys immense popularity outside Japan. The manga has been translated and published in 15 countries, especially in Germany, France and other parts of Europe.

"Berserk" was adapted into an animated TV series in 1997. But that series only covered 25 episodes, giving just a glimpse into the epic. In the more than 10 years since, the manga has grown to an even wider scale.

The Berserk Saga Project aims to include all the original episodes of the spectacular series.

See (http://www.younganimal.com/berserk/).

source: http://www.asahi.com/english/TKY201101210303.html
twitter.com/greak
legato
Found the Edit button

Post by legato »

Somewhere I read it should be released in about 6 months or so... Could I get a confirmation somewhere? I'm supposed to be in Japan around that time so if I could watch the movie while there, that'd be epic :shock:
hbi2k
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by hbi2k »

dialdfordesi wrote:Gametes are technically just half of something that can create a rapidly growing group of cells that can invade surrounding tissues, traits that describe tumors or fetuses.
It's not a tumor!
Berserk: The Abridged Series: Beating a dead horse with another dead horse.
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

hbi2k wrote:
dialdfordesi wrote:Gametes are technically just half of something that can create a rapidly growing group of cells that can invade surrounding tissues, traits that describe tumors or fetuses.
It's not a tumor!
Well that explains "Junior"

Back to the OVA series, I'm glad they're not picking up where the original anime left off. It will be really interesting to see a different rendition of the Golden Age arc and see what aspects they choose to omit (Guts' molestation)
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

So here I am sitting in 3D modeling class bored out of my mind, reading this forum, laughing my ass off. The dudes around me are looking at me like I'm crazy, which is only compounding the funny cuz I'm the only chick in the room. Basically the teacher's computer is not working so well so that allowed me to be bored.

Anyways, what I was able to glean from all of the speculation-gasming was that the anime will not be full run but just be an OVA? All I know is I liked the art style from the old one because nothing else looked like it. In any case a Berserk anime would generate tons of revenue. I'm still confused as to why the Berserk video game for the PS2 was never released in English, even with English subtitles like they have done with various other games, it's exactly what the basic gaming public wants: hack and slash with lots of blood. Oh well, I guess I can get all the hack and slash I want with that new Knights Contract game coming out, that looks like some braindead fun if I ever saw some.

P.S. I just hope when they dub it in English they either get the guys who played Guts and Griffith back cuz they were awesome, or find guys equally as awesome. And not have Rickert played by a chick. That made him seem really young, like 10, not the 14 or 15 he actually was.
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil