Blade of the Immortal

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

exylex
imanewbie

Re: Blade of the Immortal

Post by exylex »

Well here is a LQ video where someone have taped a TV showing BOTI-Anime trailer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siYv1jIJMVM
8)
grimm
imanewbie

Post by grimm »

blade of the immortal anime promo vid. TRAILER ANIME.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=nGbLhNF8PKU
Finito
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Finito »

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahaha this is scary and funny at the same time, such bad animation looks like it was made by a cheap hentai producer. Seriously the best is the music... :lol:
miyagiCE
Tastes like burning!

Post by miyagiCE »

BotI just isn't the same without the sketch-y lineart.
Dominion
This is my new home

Post by Dominion »

that would be a SWEET idea! it should have artwork like that video from Aha - Take On Me

Animation of that caliber with the story telling of BOTI would be the cash cow of this new millennium
"Happiness is an inside job"
Dominion
This is my new home

Post by Dominion »

Oh look.... more BOTI... :roll:
Volume 18, chapter 119-121

http://delinquent-manga.nyaatorrents.org/

edit:
By the by, did anyone check out the 1st episode of the anime? I'm getting it now
"Happiness is an inside job"
Finito

Post by Finito »

I did, and I have to say that its better than I expected, the opening fighting scenes look sick, I wouldnt go anywhere near the soundtrack of this anime though, I was about to mute it. I hope they can keep the good quality for the rest of the series.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Hm, I'll have to check out these new chapters. Oh, the anime is out now, I should check that out too.

*edit*

Those new chapters were pretty cool, IMO.

[spoiler]Even though Manji is still in this mess, at least entertaining stuff is happening. Oh, and poor Isaku. :([/spoiler]
I watched the first ep of the anime, and it was cool. Though I'm still put off by the censorship in anime. I want to see the death scenes as they were drawn in the manga, in all their brutal gory glory, but I guess you can't win 'em all. Also, that soundtrack is a little off.
Tempz
Found the Edit button

Post by Tempz »

Anyone know how many chapters the raw is up to?
Finito

Post by Finito »

Hmm, must be 150 or more, my French volumes are up to v21c141 and it came out back in 2007. On wiki says their are 22 volumes out, MangaUpdates says 23. Around 7 chapters per volumes.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

New chapters were awesome.

[spoiler]Did manji coat that hairpin with some kind of drug!? That sly dog. Oh man, and watching Rin kick Burando's ass was fuckin hot! [/spoiler]
Tempz
Found the Edit button

Post by Tempz »

Starnum wrote:New chapters were awesome.

[spoiler]Did manji coat that hairpin with some kind of drug!? That sly dog. Oh man, and watching Rin kick Burando's ass was fuckin hot! [/spoiler]
[spoiler]I was thinking he coated it with his own blood and he's a different blood type or something like that.[/spoiler]
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Read some new chapters. Now up to 139.

[spoiler]He hid the hairpin in his neck and it was coated with a very potent anesthetic they were giving him! Heh, Manji's awesome. Isaac! You're still alive! That's awesome dude...but how?[/spoiler]
Lara Skadi
notanewb

Post by Lara Skadi »

for an instant, I got happy with that - but than I realized my chapter count is different from yours :?
Starnum, can you tell me if that "spoiler" you've put is what happens in the cchapter 139 you talked about? 'Cause I've bought my portuguese version in 2007 and it already had it :( (it's #123 here) - what would mean: 1- he quit; 2 - he's some Miura-like (even worse) bastard that will make us wait forever for updates
I can't find anything I haven't read yet on the web, so.... >.< What is the true last chapter released?

last thing I read on my volume was
[spoiler]Maji vs. Yamada (M: do ya intend to take a hundred years to beat me?") Exactly this.[/spoiler]

About Isaaku
[spoiler]Dowa put the two separated parts together - n it worked :? I presume he's imortal now too? whoa! \o/ That's cool :D[/spoiler]

Ps.:Can you believe I bought each volume for R$1 each? (around 0,50 cent) O.O Normally they cost R$6,90 each... And they're pretty new and first hand. O.O
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Eh? Hm? I'm not sure the actual chapter number anymore.

[spoiler]The last thing I saw was when Issac showed up. I think you might be ahead of me now if you know that Doa put him back together.[/spoiler]
Lara Skadi
notanewb

Post by Lara Skadi »

geez :( I'm doomed with those mangakas :?
Does anybody else have any news about Samura-sensei? 'Cause it says here (on a 2004 edition) that brazilian edition reached japanese, but he was active, releasing new stuff every month. It also says that it takes about 6 months for a chapter to be published here - and it's been more than a year I don't see ANYTHING knew in portuguese.
maybe he's dead O.O

... or maybe he's having a group vacation with Sadamoto-san (creator of Evangelion) ¬¬
Finito

Post by Finito »

2004? There are definitely more stuff out there since that time. I beleive he releases monthly or +, the original volumes must be every 7-8 months or so, in 14 years he released 23-24 volumes.

Here this video was released july 25, 2008 with the asian books, see if you have seen those stuff yet.
Spoilers I guess :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCB0K9IhezE&
Lara Skadi
notanewb

Post by Lara Skadi »

Finito wrote:2004? There are definitely more stuff out there since that time. I beleive he releases monthly or +, the original volumes must be every 7-8 months or so, in 14 years he released 23-24 volumes.
No, I meant we reached japanese releases on 2004, but I've said my last volume is from 2007... anyway, I guess you're right about the rest :)
Actually, it seems Conrad just stopped realeasing it here, don't know why. Fortunately, I found summaries on the web about the later chapters (wich means they're around there somewhere :D).
If you don't mind spoilers (wich I normally don't....) you can find it at http://madame-manga.livejournal.com/, it has some pictures, etc... I couldn't find the chapters tranlated to english though :(

PS.: About the youtube link, thank you ^^ (though I couldn't actually watch it u.u)
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I found the latest chapters to read online. If anyone needs a link PM me and I'll send it to you. I've only got one thing to say, and I hope it's not too much of a spoiler, but surely we new this would eventually come.

Sweet freedom at last! Suck on that Habaki.
Boxy
imanewbie

Post by Boxy »

I have absolutely been obsessed with this manga since I found it on my own about 3 weeks ago. The story is fresh and it is similar to berserk in ways. Manji is such a good protagonist and that goes the same for the rest of the characters. I really can't wait for more releases on this.

[spoiler]So glad that Shira finally bit the bucket he was kinda getting on my nerves. Maybe he will come back as dog poop. Heh...[/spoiler]