Online/Electronic Manga Self-Publishing

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

Xandarg
Mastered PM

Online/Electronic Manga Self-Publishing

Post by Xandarg »

Hey all, your friendly neighborhood EG raw provider here.

I recently got a new girlfriend who is a really talented manga artist, but due to financial reasons never ended up using her talent. We both have full time jobs, but I was thinking it would be loads of fun to make a comic/graphic novel together, even if it took months and months for the first chapter (collaborating for the story/script, her doing the drawing, and me inking in Adobe Illustrator). I was wondering if anyone had any info on self-publishing like with apple's iBooks and stuff like that? If we ever made a really nice finished product, I would love to publish it online. I know iBooks is pretty easy to self-publish with, but I doubt anything I'd be interesting in writing would be PG enough to pass Apple's censors. Any other options like that?

Also, I haven't decided if we would release it in Japanese or in English, or both. So links to Japanese or English language online publishers will both be happily considered.

Thanks in advance for any insights!
tsubaimomo
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Re: Online/Electronic Manga Self-Publishing

Post by tsubaimomo »

Print it out, scan if for us, and then we'll scanlate it for ya. No prob, see?
Starnum
Elven King

Re: Online/Electronic Manga Self-Publishing

Post by Starnum »

If I can ever find an artist to collaborate with me on making my story into a comic, then this information could be useful for me as well, heh.