New anime confirmed!!

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Rancid
imanewbie

Re: New anime confirmed!!

Post by Rancid »

I'm one of the ppl who red the manga before watching the anime (disappointed of course)

so this news is really really fucking great, i don't know what they are gonna do with it, but i wondered too often how some scenes from manga would look animated, i don't think master Miura will disappoint
Superboi
notanewb

Post by Superboi »

Rancid wrote:I'm one of the ppl who red the manga before watching the anime (disappointed of course)

so this news is really really fucking great, i don't know what they are gonna do with it, but i wondered too often how some scenes from manga would look animated, i don't think master Miura will disappoint

Yeah the anime doesn't hold a candle to the manga. Usually it's the other way around, but the anime is still good. I've used it mostly as a gateway to reading the manga. The ending is just way too much of a cliffhanger to satisfy anyone.

-Friend- "WTF!?! WHAT HAPPENED?? How does he get out of the eclipse? What happens next?"
-Me- "You gotta read the manga :P"
tsubaimomo
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by tsubaimomo »

"Fuck you! The end!" -Zodd
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

tsubaimomo wrote:"Fuck you! The end!" -Zodd
Yep. Only anime I can think of where the demons win.
Superboi
notanewb

Post by Superboi »

tsubaimomo wrote:"Fuck you! The end!" -Zodd
my new facebook quote
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

Ah, Berserk abridged, will you ever become obsolete as a source funny quotes, pop culture references and nice ways to illustrate the crushing realization that the human race is doomed, there is no hope to be found in the horizon, and we are all going to die alone and unloved?
.......Fabric can't stop armor-piercing bolts, dammit!

P.S. Original transcript:

[spoiler]Zodd: What. The. Hell !?
Hbi2k: Shut up Zodd, this is how it ends now.
Zodd: No, this is NOT how it ends. It ends the way Miura says it ends.
Hbi2k: But that ending is a total bummer!
Zodd: Oh, sure, for you puny humans, but it's like the only time in the history of anime that we demons win! Every other show ever ends with the ancient hero of bullshit, showing up at the last minute, wielding the legendary sword of deus ex machina and slicing the hell out of us. Well, not this time. This time WE WIN. Griffith turns evil, everyone gets raped or eaten or killed, FUCK YOU, THE END.[/spoiler]
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
kikiking
imanewbie

Post by kikiking »

Long time lurker here, I had an account but for some reason I can not find it on this site. Thus in this event I created this new one, I liked the old one but it did not have many posts ;/. I am so excited about the updates, remember a few chapters back? There was mention of Miura saying he knows jack shit about an anime reboot and yet here it is. I assume he knew and went to hide it, because the info got leaked? Hope no one got fired..

Berserk being back too? Got to love it~! new chapters!
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Ha! That's a good point. Devious bastard he is, Miura. He ain't foolin' no one, lol. :P

Yeah, I still can't believe it's happening. I had hardened myself so thoroughly against the possibility of such a thing, that even now it seems like a dream. A dream come true that is, lmao. ;)
kikiking
imanewbie

Post by kikiking »

Starnum wrote:Ha! That's a good point. Devious bastard he is, Miura. He ain't foolin' no one, lol. :P

Yeah, I still can't believe it's happening. I had hardened myself so thoroughly against the possibility of such a thing, that even now it seems like a dream. A dream come true that is, lmao. ;)
Is there anymore information on this as of yet?
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Not that I know of. Just that some kind of new anime is definitely happening.
kikiking
imanewbie

Post by kikiking »

Oh well lol. I remember those screenshots being from a year ago. I would expect it at the end of the year. Though after seeing the anime for the winter season I hae changed my mind. We will probably not see this until spring ,(japan spring season that is).
legato
Found the Edit button

Post by legato »

Japan spring season? What's the difference then?
kikiking
imanewbie

Post by kikiking »

the difference is the winter season anime has started or is about to start. I have seen a list of anime for the season, unless it was fake. I saw no mention of berserk on it, we have little to no information on it at this given time. If that list of winter season anime was fake, the for one berserk can be on it. But I really give it something like winter/spring. i also hope it is an anime, with cg type animation, it is not hard to do work on something like this, but an ova would turn me off. I feel like pull my hair out waiting on hellsing ultimate ova's to release.

We waited so long, and got what we wanted, and as usual I can wait, but if this was released now, when most anime this season is crap, I would be so happy. I see no reason to watch anything, the moe type anime has ruined it for me.
Superboi
notanewb

Post by Superboi »

kikiking wrote:the difference is the winter season anime has started or is about to start. I have seen a list of anime for the season, unless it was fake. I saw no mention of berserk on it, we have little to no information on it at this given time. If that list of winter season anime was fake, the for one berserk can be on it. But I really give it something like winter/spring. i also hope it is an anime, with cg type animation, it is not hard to do work on something like this, but an ova would turn me off. I feel like pull my hair out waiting on hellsing ultimate ova's to release.

We waited so long, and got what we wanted, and as usual I can wait, but if this was released now, when most anime this season is crap, I would be so happy. I see no reason to watch anything, the moe type anime has ruined it for me.
He means what's the difference between Spring and Japan's Spring Season. I think the difference is just a day, but I may be wrong.
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

Ok, I'm a little late on getting informed, and I'm on a sugar high right now, plus I feel sick as a dog. But hell this has made my day, this is some news I've been waiting for for a very long time. Also, to all the people who said this was impossible PWNT
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

fujinsan wrote:Also, to all the people who said this was impossible PWNT
Indeed. As one of those persons, I stand corrected.

I can't remember the last time I was so glad to be proved so wrong.
kikiking
imanewbie

Post by kikiking »

Yeah I guess this shocked a lot of people. The naysayers... I never gave up hope I knew it had to get one, when you forget about things it works out. Patience is a virtue, as they say.
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

New anime huh? This is worth returning for. Is it going to be OVA ala Hellsing Ultimate? That wouldn't be bad either. Honestly, I don't care how they do it. I have been starved to Guts and co in their moving glory for the last 10 years. Huzzah Bastards!
Bow to Golbez
legato
Found the Edit button

Post by legato »

It has been a long time since the last newsbit, what's going on...
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Sortep wrote:New anime huh? This is worth returning for. Is it going to be OVA ala Hellsing Ultimate? That wouldn't be bad either.
As of right now, nobody knows what form it will take, just that there will be a new Berserk anime.
legato wrote:It has been a long time since the last newsbit, what's going on...
No new info has been posted, that's all. Given that the project seems to still be in an early stage (they haven't even confirmed when it will be coming out yet) it wouldn't be surprising if there's no new info for quite a while.
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

Thats all we faithful need. Give us something to believe in.
Bow to Golbez
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Hey, Sortep. Long time no see. Glad to see you posting again. ;)
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

THanks Starnum, it's been a minute. How are things, the forum still getting femtown'd?
Bow to Golbez
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Heh, not as much here lately.
gatts1a
imanewbie

Post by gatts1a »

a little news about the " berserk_project" , important information will be made on january 8, 2011
長らく沈黙をしていてすいませんでした。2011年1月8日、重大発表をいたします。楽しみにしてください。
from http://twitter.com/berserk_project 4:20 AM Dec 26th via web