New anime confirmed!!

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

TheParagon
Mastered PM

Re: New anime confirmed!!

Post by TheParagon »

madonnalal wrote: If they are going to start the anime within a year or so, it could mean that the manga will be drawing to a close soon... perhaps in the next three years? If I remember correctly, Brotherhood began before the manga was over, so this could be a sign.
3 years? im not even sure they will have landed in elfheim in 3 years, and they def wont have left the island by that time. berserk manga will probably go on for 10-15 years (at this rate 15 is more likely)
legato
Found the Edit button

Post by legato »

Hello, long time lurker/berserk fan, first time poster

It IS possible they're gonna bring back some (if not all) of the original voice actors, I mean they did that for the PS2 game as well...
Too bad it never got released out of Japan though, I would have liked some subtitles.

PS2 trailer 1:

Ps2 trailer 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26y44-qN ... re=related

I just hope the anime will go as far as the Millenium Falcon arc (and beyond)
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

I know this is off topic but did you seriously say that DBZK was good? It's full of continuity errors and dead air.
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
tsubaimomo
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by tsubaimomo »

The Herald wrote:I know this is off topic but did you seriously say that DBZK was good? It's full of continuity errors and dead air.
And Lousy Music.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

legato wrote:Hello, long time lurker/berserk fan, first time poster

It IS possible they're gonna bring back some (if not all) of the original voice actors, I mean they did that for the PS2 game as well...
Too bad it never got released out of Japan though, I would have liked some subtitles.

PS2 trailer 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSKMqKHQrh8

Ps2 trailer 2:

I just hope the anime will go as far as the Millennium Falcon arc (and beyond)
A game like that for America would be awesome... it would also be the first hack and slash I have bought since Devil May Cry 4 :evil:

and I also hope they fix the original with flashbacks and such... it should be pretty easy... first who cares about the king mention in the beginning, not a big deal, but puck on the other hand is a hard one to reintroduce unless you introduce him at the wagon with ricket. Then there is the slug apostle battle which should probably be a flashback also... so skip right to the eclipse with guts passing out and skull knight coming in and saving the day then from there you are pretty much home free... and as much as I like wyld the pussy pink ape he is kind of a don't need to mention kind of guy. :twisted:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Daiceman9
imanewbie

Post by Daiceman9 »

If there is a new berserk anime season coming (seems likely), will EG help sub it? Or are they going to stick with just doing manga?
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

tsubaimomo wrote:
The Herald wrote:I know this is off topic but did you seriously say that DBZK was good? It's full of continuity errors and dead air.
And Lousy Music.
Which ties into the dead air quote.

Anyways, back to Berserk, they wouldn't have announced the new anime unless it was under two years away. And this wasn't just a press release, it involved footage. It's like when Disney first released the teaser for Pirates of the Caribbean 1 in 2001, the one that had only the coin and music.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Sandman wrote:
legato wrote:Hello, long time lurker/berserk fan, first time poster

PS2 trailer 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSKMqKHQrh8

Ps2 trailer 2:

I just hope the anime will go as far as the Millennium Falcon arc (and beyond)
A game like that for America would be awesome... it would also be the first hack and slash I have bought since Devil May Cry 4 :evil:

and I also hope they fix the original with flashbacks and such... it should be pretty easy... first who cares about the king mention in the beginning, not a big deal, but puck on the other hand is a hard one to reintroduce unless you introduce him at the wagon with ricket. Then there is the slug apostle battle which should probably be a flashback also... so skip right to the eclipse with guts passing out and skull knight coming in and saving the day then from there you are pretty much home free... and as much as I like wyld the pussy pink ape he is kind of a don't need to mention kind of guy. :twisted:
But you also need Sylat and the assassin clan to be introduced, and ideally the Skull Knight should appear at least a couple of times before the eclipse so he doesn't seem like a total Deus ex Machina. Plus there's the issue of attracting new viewers, not just old fans. I just think it would work better if they start over from the beginning.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

So what if he's a deus ex machina? The whole Godhand is exactly that anyways, previous anime or not.
Superboi
notanewb

Post by Superboi »

I for one want to see the anime start from the beginning. It should open with Gutts, having sex with a hot blonde chick who slowly starts to transform into a demon. Then she says he fell into her trap, and Gutts, pulls out his cannon arm and says, no bitch. You fell into my trap, and blows her head off. Where's the teaser for that?
revealer
imanewbie

Post by revealer »

Superboi wrote:I for one want to see the anime start from the beginning. It should open with Gutts, having sex with a hot blonde chick who slowly starts to transform into a demon. Then she says he fell into her trap, and Gutts, pulls out his cannon arm and says, no bitch. You fell into my trap, and blows her head off. Where's the teaser for that?
:PLUS1:
Aluja
Mastered PM

Post by Aluja »

What I love is, that all the Apostles you see that are dying, were also the ones from the eclipse.
And that is what I'd love to see brought back into the anime!

Just like the example above, which unfortunately Corkus fell into lol.
Superboi
notanewb

Post by Superboi »

So the crappy (opinion based on duration) teasers stopped, and the hype pretty much went with it. I'm a little confused as to what they were trying to accomplish. I feel like someones pulling my leg. There's not really any news about when this anime is projected to happen, or what this means for the manga. I mean something that says, "Yeah this is still happening" would be nice.

My world practically stopped when I saw that 1st 15 second teaser, and my excitement was through the roof, but I don't know anything past the images they showed in those teasers. Idk... I guess it would just be nice if they made the fans feel included since we pretty much have been there almost every step of the way. I'm just askin for updates really. Some behind the scenes documentary that I can't understand to keep me at bay would be nice too. Just something that makes this feel a bit more concrete.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well on the cover of volume 35 it says "New Anime Project Starts!!". It doesn't get much more cut and dry than that. So, "yeah this is still happening". :P
Superboi
notanewb

Post by Superboi »

lol thanx. Just needed someone else to say it.
legato
Found the Edit button

Post by legato »

Young Animal is out today, is there any news yet?
iYomi
imanewbie

Post by iYomi »

legato wrote: PS2 trailer 1:
ahahaha her hair will be green!!!!
His final show,his lies
Had done nothing but cured her smile
Her bruises fade from black to blue
\
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well yeah of course, Schierke's hair is green, heh.
iYomi
imanewbie

Post by iYomi »

yep,but I imagined her hair being brown the entire time while reading,yet I guess the green-ish goes with the witch-ish looking style so I'll just get used to it
His final show,his lies
\
legato
Found the Edit button

Post by legato »

Don't you buy your mangas then...?
Vol 25 cover:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

But anyway, Young Animal was supposed to contain more info about the new anime right?
Or is it just the new chapter this week? I want the new chapter and all, but first I want to know about the new show.
Is it going to be movie, OVA, series... When will they start airing (if they start airing) when will they be in theatre, that kinds of questions I (and most of us) have.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

I doubt they have any info about when it will be released yet. Since they only just announced it there's still probably a lot of work yet to do, and they won't want to lock themselves in with any schedules until they're sure that they'll be able to achieve said schedules. I figure at least a couple of years is a good guess.
iYomi
imanewbie

Post by iYomi »

legato wrote: Vol 25 cover:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
But anyway, Young Animal was supposed to contain more info about the new anime right?
Or is it just the new chapter this week? I want the new chapter and all, but first I want to know about the new show.
Is it going to be movie, OVA, series... When will they start airing (if they start airing) when will they be in theatre, that kinds of questions I (and most of us) have.
Argh!
you just spoiled me right in the heart,lol do you think with that long taking and unregular release of manga they will be able to go with a regular release of anime *hyper theoretical devastation of an option* and I personally wouldn't want it cut from the story with elfenheim since that epic is far from finished and they starting to animate berserk already
His final show,his lies
\
legato
Found the Edit button

Post by legato »

To be honest I'm already happy they are doing SOMETHING...
Sure I'd like them to make the manga into an animated epic show of 200+ episodes (no fillers and no detail skipped), but if they animate the Mullenium Falcon arc I'd be happy.
Anything more is just "gravy".
tsubaimomo
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by tsubaimomo »

legato wrote:Anything more is just "gravy".
Anything less is just "Would you please pass the gravy here son, thank-- oh, aH, FUCK! SHIT! OH MY-- YOU DAMN NO GOOD... ahem, sorry everybody. Well, looks like we'll have to make due without the gravy".
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

tsubaimomo wrote:
legato wrote:Anything more is just "gravy".
Anything less is just "Would you please pass the gravy here son, thank-- oh, aH, FUCK! SHIT! OH MY-- YOU DAMN NO GOOD... ahem, sorry everybody. Well, looks like we'll have to make due without the gravy".
:lol: Ok, yeah, that analogy definately works.