New anime confirmed!!

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Re: New anime confirmed!!

Post by DrPepperPro »

Each trailer so far has been posted on youtube or other sites before it's posted on the official site.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

I just noticed that I haven't commented about this, I've been lurking and watching the trailers like a non-member, so consider this my official response:

Oh, my god! Oh, my god! Oh, my god! Oh, my god! Oh, my god! Oh, my god! Oh, my god! Oh, my god! :-o :-o
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Superboi
notanewb

Post by Superboi »

Each trailer so far has been posted on youtube or other sites before it's posted on the official site.
Yeah I just realized that when I saw the trailer on younganimal just now. Guess I was just being hopeful that they would show something we haven't seen considering they're only showing 15 seconds at a time.
TheParagon
Mastered PM

Post by TheParagon »

Starnum wrote:It's anime, so we can still expect a good amount of blood either way. Don't forget about this:

Mmmm, dismemberment. XD

true. there are no intestines though, but i guess blood will have to do
Nildin
imanewbie

Post by Nildin »

Tomorrow there is going to be a web exclusive trailer. Maybe we'll get something new ! :)
Billabong
imanewbie

Post by Billabong »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dL4aTvcNqKo

New trailer, Skull Knight included.
Superboi
notanewb

Post by Superboi »

OMFG!!! Skull Knight confirmed!!! This can't be happening. This is just too good to be true. It's gonna be like 2012 when this is released, and the world is gonna blow up before we get to see it... right? God I can't wait to see this thing.
bhaal
imanewbie

Post by bhaal »

Superboi wrote:OMFG!!! Skull Knight confirmed!!! This can't be happening. This is just too good to be true. It's gonna be like 2012 when this is released, and the world is gonna blow up before we get to see it... right? God I can't wait to see this thing.
No, we will see this like in 2015/2020. why you ask?
Because all of us know how meticulous is Miura with berserk, and I´m betting Miura itself is making every key frame animation by hand ( even if this anime is CG ) and checking every step of production, this will cause, in the best scenario, chapters will be released with the same regularity of those of Hellsing Ultimate and in the worst maybe two chapters every decade until Miura die ( and us with him).
As a collateral damage of this, from now on, Miura will release one or at max two chapters on Berserk Manga every year until anime catch manga.
:lol:
Don't fear the darkness until you see what light can do.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Holy donkey shit I cant believe my wish is coming true remake of the first (or flashbacks that fix the story) and a continuation of the story :twisted:

God I love Berserk... may it come fast and with great fury... plus I hope we get an American game out of it this time :evil:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Superboi
notanewb

Post by Superboi »

Sandman wrote:Holy donkey shit I cant believe my wish is coming true remake of the first (or flashbacks that fix the story) and a continuation of the story :twisted:

God I love Berserk... may it come fast and with great fury... plus I hope we get an American game out of it this time :evil:
what like an MMO?
Nildin
imanewbie

Post by Nildin »

On the Berserk project twitter page there is a a new post

大変申し訳ありません!! ベルセルク再開のヤングアニマルは、10月22日(金)発売です!! 先ほど、23日と間違った情報を書いてしまいました。すいません!! 22日です!!

i translated it with google (i guess it is as crappy as always but to get the basic idea it is hopefully correct)

I'm sorry! ! Young Animal Berserk resume is October 22 (Friday) released! ! Earlier, I wrote the wrong information in 23 days. Sorry! ! 22 days! !

So i hope it means that there will be a new chapter on the 22nd october^^ Perhaps they will put in some info on the anime project aswell :D
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

Hm it does indeed say restarting, so I guess there won't be one on oct. 8 as we expected a while ago.

About Hirasawa music, there was a thing I posted a while ago that seemed like a rumor, but it makes more sense now.
http://community.livejournal.com/susumu ... 29679.html
At the end of the "Royal Road, Paradise" the translator wrote:
Also, it is rumored that this song will be used in an upcoming (possible live action) continuation of the Berserk story.
And in the comments below you can see it was something related to Gackt as well.

Anyway, it'd be great if part of "Royal Road, Paradise" is used for the opening/ending song or something, since it definitely has berserk atmosphere. (if you don't know the song, it's free to listen to here: http://teslakite.com/freemp3s/e/)
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I'm fairly confident that Hirasawa will be a part of the new Berserk anime.
Superboi
notanewb

Post by Superboi »

DrPepperPro wrote:if you don't know the song, it's free to listen to here: http://teslakite.com/freemp3s/e/
wow... This song is awesome. The beginning was actually a bit annoying, but I gave it a chance, and this is purely epic in every sense of the word.
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

As those who have been reading the blog dedicated exclusively to follow the progress of the new berserk project may know, the trailer of the old berserk series could kick the new one's balls up to its chin.

Translation:

No matter how much blood is spilled,
No matter how many tears are shed,
No matter how many hearts are broken,
No matter how much time slips away,
No matter how much feelings are carried,
No matter how... sad it is,
I want to be part of the dream of that man

It's just...so much better. Unlike the new ones, it can't be summed up by the words "Holy shit, it's Berserk!", and it actually gives you a brief glimpse of one of the themes in the story.

I know it's aimed to a different demographic, but still...
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Wow am I late to look at this forum or what? Darn you film industry for stealing away all my time for the last couple weeks!

Anyways, I've watched all the trailers and I have two things to say:

1. Oh my fucking God they are finally going beyond the Golden Age and it is going to be AWESOME!!! Like if you threw Lord of the Rings, the original Starwars Trilogy, and the Assassin's Creed games into a blender and added some blood, that awesome! (yes there are many more awesome things out there, but those are the ones I like the best). I particularly loved Zodd's wing mechanics.

2. I'm disappointed that they're going to pull an FMA Brotherhood and reboot the series, instead of continuing where the last one left off. While there are a bunch of plot holes and goofups in the original (Griffith being mentioned as king in the first episode anyone?) I will always love it for its storybook quality. I know a lot of the still frames were due to a miniscule budget but there was something magical about them. This new series looks like its going to be more action-based than character-based. The manga is both really, plus politics and whatnot, I just hope it doesn't tip too far to one side.

And yes I did watch primarily the English dub, but Guts and Griffith were amazing in it. Judeau and Carcus were okay too. But everyone else sucked. They better fix that.
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

The background music in that trailer.
Is the same as the sound of the commercial break in the original anime:
[lower-right corner] Berserk
[upper-left corner] Berserk

Atmosphere.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

The Herald wrote:Wow am I late to look at this forum or what? Darn you film industry for stealing away all my time for the last couple weeks!

Anyways, I've watched all the trailers and I have two things to say:

1. Oh my fucking God they are finally going beyond the Golden Age and it is going to be AWESOME!!! Like if you threw Lord of the Rings, the original Starwars Trilogy, and the Assassin's Creed games into a blender and added some blood, that awesome! (yes there are many more awesome things out there, but those are the ones I like the best). I particularly loved Zodd's wing mechanics.

2. I'm disappointed that they're going to pull an FMA Brotherhood and reboot the series, instead of continuing where the last one left off. While there are a bunch of plot holes and goofups in the original (Griffith being mentioned as king in the first episode anyone?) I will always love it for its storybook quality. I know a lot of the still frames were due to a miniscule budget but there was something magical about them. This new series looks like its going to be more action-based than character-based. The manga is both really, plus politics and whatnot, I just hope it doesn't tip too far to one side.

And yes I did watch primarily the English dub, but Guts and Griffith were amazing in it. Judeau and Carcus were okay too. But everyone else sucked. They better fix that.
Yeah, I really loved the original anime because, despite how much they changed/removed, it was very true to the manga. My big hope for this new anime is that it will be true to the manga - the more true it is, the better I'll like it. Miura being such a perfectionist gives me hope in that regard, since I can't imagine him giving permission for a new series if he didn't feel that it would do justice to his masterpiece. We'll just have to wait and see.
jarlaxle_95
imanewbie

Post by jarlaxle_95 »

I just registered so I could say what I feel in a few words.

Oh my god this is actually happening.
TheParagon
Mastered PM

Post by TheParagon »

DrPepperPro wrote:Hm it does indeed say restarting, so I guess there won't be one on oct. 8 as we expected a while ago.
shouldnt the news be edited then? it still says "in two weeks"
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

TheParagon wrote:shouldnt the news be edited then? it still says "in two weeks"
yep.
Aazholh
imanewbie

Post by Aazholh »

I'm excited about this because perhaps this will create more Berserk merchandise, not just those high-priced statues. I can't wait to see and hear the Skull Knight, Void, Zodd, and Guts. Too bad Tony Jay can't reprise his voice work as Void :(
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

It is going to be sad if they cant get back some of the voice actors from the original but the one that is going to be most important is Guts he screamed GRIFFITH so well i cant imagine anyone else.
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Sandman wrote:It is going to be sad if they cant get back some of the voice actors from the original but the one that is going to be most important is Guts he screamed GRIFFITH so well i cant imagine anyone else.
OTACOOOOOOON!!!

If you can imagine hearing Snake's voice when reading that word then the voice actor did his job well. Guts' english voice actor had that same impression on me. I agree, I'd love to hear the same voice actors again.

RIP Tony Jay, I loved his work as the Elder God in the Legacy of Kain series.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
madonnalal
notanewb

Post by madonnalal »

Hell yeah Skull Knight! If he is being included in the trailer, then its pretty much a guarantee that the anime will stick to the manga. We've seen Puck in some of the screen caps that were leaked earlier on, so we know he'll be in it. Which is good, because as much as some people hate him, he is a seriously major player.

Personally, if this anime is anything like FMA: Brotherhood (or even Dragon Ball Kai), I think that will be fantastic. They will start from the very begining, redoing the original series, which (maybe) will give Miura enough time to write the end of the manga before they finish the series. Or, you know, insert some filler (please, jesus, no!) until he is done. If they are going to start the anime within a year or so, it could mean that the manga will be drawing to a close soon... perhaps in the next three years? If I remember correctly, Brotherhood began before the manga was over, so this could be a sign.