Team Fortress 2

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

Femto
Devourer of Children

Re: Team Fortress 2

Post by Femto »

Sorry for the long post but this is fucking hilarious.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

I just love the fact that pyro only communicates with punctuation and emoticons
ImageImage
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

There's a lot of good stuff in there though my favorite part is probably "lol fuck wrong account."
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Soldier vs. Demoman update coming, possibly tomorrow.

http://www.teamfortress.com/war/administrator/

Gotta love Valve's marketing strategy.

Where's the line to suck Gabe Newell's cock?
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Femto wrote:
Where's the line to suck Gabe Newell's cock?
Right next to the line to find his cock.

Seriously though, if both demo AND soldier are getting an update, as an engineer player I may want to just skip playing for the next few weeks. :roll:
ImageImage
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

I love the Soldier vs. Demo thing going on.

Also, item crafting!
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

At first it sounded cool, but I have been pissed off at the complete lack of basic shit that goes on while people are on the hunt for Demos/Soldiers. I was playing 2fort, and a single scout was continually capping the intel with zero problem. And it wasn't like he was good, he would just kind of run in through the courtyard with a BONK and then just run in and out of the base, and we lost like 3 matches in a row while I'm trying to both defend the intel and kill soldiers. I suppose I could have gone Engineer, but I thought at leat one other person would help me and we would lock this guy down, but it wasn't the case. I suppose this update does make for some interesting Arena matches.

Crafting sounds awesome, I finally have a use for my NINE Dead Ringers. Maybe I can get more than one character specific hat now.
ImageImage
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

I still haven't found a single hat other than the achievement ones from Halloween and the Cheater's Lament.

The spam of Demomen and Soldier was to be expected and it's going to continue until people get most of their achievements.

And you always get people that worry more about killing each other than completing objectives so that's nothing new.

On many occasions I've been burdened with both offense and defense because of this.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Tempest wrote:Crafting sounds awesome, I finally have a use for my NINE Dead Ringers. Maybe I can get more than one character specific hat now.
I've been throwing away items for years now, maybe finally I won't have to.

I was playing today on some Soldier/Demo only server and noticed that my contribution count was zero and stayed at zero for the whole day, I hope they get counted or otherwise I wasted an afternoon on that.

The focus on Demos and Soldiers is kind nice for me, finally the spy is free for me to use without half the team changing into him. The competition is only gonna last about a week, so I don't mind it so much. Those people that are too focused on the war to play the game weren't probably gonna do much anyway, at least this time they're trying to kill somebody and not just wasting time trying to melee everything.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

War Machine wrote:
Tempest wrote:Crafting sounds awesome, I finally have a use for my NINE Dead Ringers. Maybe I can get more than one character specific hat now.
I was playing today on some Soldier/Demo only server and noticed that my contribution count was zero and stayed at zero for the whole day, I hope they get counted or otherwise I wasted an afternoon on that.
The Steam servers were down yesterday so you might be out of luck.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

I never did check if my contribution stuck, but Demos lost, so whatever.

Anyway, after having played against Soldiers and Demos with their new weapons I have to say, I'm not liking a a couple of them: First, the Soldier's Direct Hit can two-shot a Level 2 turret and maybe a Level 3 (I haven't checked) which makes the Engineer substantially more useless; And the second, the Eyelander together with the Chargin' Targe, just doesn't fit with the Demo. As Femto said when we were playing TF2, it basically turns the Demo into a Melee class, which kinda goes against his nature of static defense. And the fact that he can charge at you faster than a Scout can run and have higher damage resistence is borderline ridiculous, he can pretty much outrun everything. He can grab the intel and run out the fucking door faster than lighting and he'll be able to take more damage. Scouts have just been made obsolete.

The rest of the upgrades aren't too bad.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

War Machine wrote:And the second, the Eyelander together with the Chargin' Targe, just doesn't fit with the Demo. As Femto said when we were playing TF2, it basically turns the Demo into a Melee class, which kinda goes against his nature of static defense. And the fact that he can charge at you faster than a Scout can run and have higher damage resistence is borderline ridiculous, he can pretty much outrun everything. He can grab the intel and run out the fucking door faster than lighting and he'll be able to take more damage. Scouts have just been made obsolete.

While the Chargin' Targe/Eyelander combo is insanely good (I just got a personal best 25 kills in one life, with 16 of them being melees), it is by no means perfect. Heavies are now the bane of the Demoman's existence. Try charging a fatty and see what happens, even if you get the crit melee off you have another 100 health to deal with (Which is at least 2 swings because the Eyelander doesn't get random crits) and a face full of bullets.

They should knock down the Explosion damage reduction to like 33% and the Fire reduction to like 25%. As much as crit rockets suck, taking one to the face and only taking 70 damage is kind of going over the line.

Also, the Direct Hit should do normal rocket damage against buildings, shit's ri-goddamn-diculous.
ImageImage
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Tempest wrote:Heavies are now the bane of the Demoman's existence.
Don't forget Snipers.

I've had a couple of Eyelander/Targe Demomen run directly at me only to be met with an easy headshot and I'm not even a good Sniper.

Like War Machine said, I'm kinda disappointed over the fact that Valve has effectively turned the Demoman into the 10th class with his new weapons.

He's now a Melee class instead of the "blow shit up" class and, as someone that prefers the latter, the new weapons are kinda useless to me.

Also, if you want to use the Scottish Resistance you pretty much have to use the rest of the new stuff because you don't need two sticky launchers and if you're using the Targe you might as well use the Eyelander.

There's less loadout variety with the Demoman is what I'm trying to say.

The Soldier's new weapons are ace though and probably one of the best class updates yet.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

After putting it off for months I finally compiled the few clips I have of me playing TF2, these are all spy clips: