New to the Berserk Forum? Have questions? Post Here First!

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Re: New to the Berserk Forum? Have questions? Post Here First!

Post by Istvan »

schism wrote:Hi there.

Well, I'll keep this short.

I'm schism. (Yup, it's a tool reference if anyone cares to know!)

Having been a fan for many years I stumbled upon this website just recently, and damn it was I pleasantly surprised, so after a couple of days lurking around I hit the register-button and here I am.

Have a nice day.

/schism from Sweden.
Nice to meet you, Schism.
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

schism wrote: I'm schism. (Yup, it's a tool reference if anyone cares to know!)
Wait. That's what a schism is? A Tool reference? So I have had it wrong this whole time? Dammit! Why didn't anybody told me? All this time I have been going around believing a schism was the same as a "cisma", a complete split or separation that has no turning back!
I must have looked like an asshole!

Damn you wikipedia! Damn youuuuuuu!
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
schism
imanewbie

Post by schism »

Rolos wrote:
Wait. That's what a schism is? A Tool reference? So I have had it wrong this whole time? Dammit! Why didn't anybody told me? All this time I have been going around believing a schism was the same as a "cisma", a complete split or separation that has no turning back!

It's OK, we all do mistakes!

:shock:
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Rolos wrote:

Are you being sarcastic? The user schism is saying that their name is a reference to the Tool song "Schism". However, the definition of the word is as you gave. It's a separation, usually used to refer to when a church splits between two beliefs. Don't be a tool. 8)
Aazholh
imanewbie

Re: New to the Berserk Forum? Have questions? Post Here Firs

Post by Aazholh »

Well, I've been around for a while, but never registered. I've been a Berserk fanatic since 2002 and enjoy delving into its complexities. I will say, the most intriguing theories about Berserk come from this site.

Anyways, "HELLO!"
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Nice to meet you, Aazholh. It's always nice to meet another Berserk fan.
Aazholh
imanewbie

Post by Aazholh »

Istvan wrote:Nice to meet you, Aazholh. It's always nice to meet another Berserk fan.
Thanks for the warm welcome, Istvan. I already see some familiar faces :lol:
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Glad to meet ya, Aazholh. You know, I think that's right around the time I started reading Berserk too. From what I can tell so far, you seem to be on the up and up. :P
Aazholh
imanewbie

Post by Aazholh »

Starnum wrote:Glad to meet ya, Aazholh. You know, I think that's right around the time I started reading Berserk too. From what I can tell so far, you seem to be on the up and up. :P
Thanks! Looking forward to entertaining theories with you guys.
revealer
imanewbie

Post by revealer »

Is Skull Knight an Apostle?
If no, what is he? The only thing I can think of is that he became what he is trough overuse of Berserker armor.
If yes, is he still in a human form or is he constantly keeping himself transformed?
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

revealer wrote:Is Skull Knight an Apostle?
If no, what is he? The only thing I can think of is that he became what he is trough overuse of Berserker armor.
If yes, is he still in a human form or is he constantly keeping himself transformed?
No, he isn't an Apostle. As to what he is...that's up for considerable debate. Miura hasn't told us yet, so all we have is speculation. That said, the generally accepted theory is that he was (like Guts) as sacrifice who managed to survive, and overuse of the Berserk armor is probably part but not all of what led him to having his current form.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Istvan wrote:
No, he isn't an Apostle. As to what he is...that's up for considerable debate. Miura hasn't told us yet, so all we have is speculation. That said, the generally accepted theory is that he was (like Guts) as sacrifice who managed to survive, and overuse of the Berserk armor is probably part but not all of what led him to having his current form.
I can't remember, does the SK bare the brand on his body?

Though Guts and SK share common enemies and motivations (revenge), IMO I believe the Skullknight shares striking similarities to Griffith's character. If we are to assume that he is in fact a manifestation of the Gaeseric of legend, both seem to mirror each other in terms of managing to earn themselves their own kingdoms through war and unification of warring factions.

Though what led to the destruction of Gaeserics kingdom at the 'hands' of 4 angels (Not 5!) to have descended upon it, has yet to be explained only that it might have something to do with the tower in Albion and a tortured prisoner that Gaeseric once held there.

There is no doubt the SK remains one of the greatest enigmas to the Berserk storyline at this point. With a backstory likely just as complex as Guts' needed to explain how the SK's character got to where he is in present course of the storyline.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
revealer
imanewbie

Post by revealer »

Istvan wrote:
Yea, did some re-reading, although Gutts said that Skull Knight's presence feels same as other Apostles he never did bleed from the brand when near him.
Also i found that after the first time that Puck saw SK he said that he seemed like he had a fairy scent. And it was SK who told them about elf king, maybe he knows him personally. Shierke said that Elfhelm is a land filled with witches and sorceresses.
Since SK and Flora (witch) knew each other from long time ago, first theory that comes to my mind is that SK was on Elfhelm, met the king and Flora and possibly it's on that island where he became the way he is..
Either way i hope we find out more about him on the island.
The Prince wrote:
I can't remember, does the SK bare the brand on his body?

Though Guts and SK share common enemies and motivations (revenge), IMO I believe the Skullknight shares striking similarities to Griffith's character. If we are to assume that he is in fact a manifestation of the Gaeseric of legend, both seem to mirror each other in terms of managing to earn themselves their own kingdoms through war and unification of warring factions.

Though what led to the destruction of Gaeserics kingdom at the 'hands' of 4 angels (Not 5!) to have descended upon it, has yet to be explained only that it might have something to do with the tower in Albion and a tortured prisoner that Gaeseric once held there.

There is no doubt the SK remains one of the greatest enigmas to the Berserk storyline at this point. With a backstory likely just as complex as Guts' needed to explain how the SK's character got to where he is in present course of the storyline.
I don't think Gaiseric was ambitious like Griffith, he was said only to have united the waring tribes into one empire. Maybe it was simply to put an end to an era of conflict.
As far as I remember, we didn't see a brand on SK (yet). He did say to Gutts that they share the same fate, struggle, or whatever, but I'm not sure that he was also offered as a sacrifice like Gutts.
The destruction of Gaeserick's town by the 4 angels (god hands) was most probably an eclipse (branded skulls at the bottom of that hole in a prison). But who "summoned" the god hands and started the eclipse is unknown. I don't believe the theory that Void was created on that eclipse, since it was said that 4! angels where there, so Void was around before that.
Also, I don't think that the hole and the prison are connected. As I understood, the prison tower was built on top of the hole after those events.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Even if SK is Gaiseric, which he probably is, that doesn't mean he's the one who summoned the God Hand. I am also of the mind that he is more like Guts than Griffith. However, we have not seen a brand on him, that I know of. He seems to have a clear objective of killing Void, which makes me think they have some kind of history, but maybe he's just targeting the one that seems the most powerful. No way of really knowing any of this until it's revealed in the manga, so all we can really do is speculate. The Berserker armor did look skeletal when Guts first got it, and Gaiseric was shown wearing a skull helm. So I do think those things are related, and are probably hints as to SK's identity. We know he was associated with Flora, and that's where Guts got the armor. Perhaps he was nearly killed by the armor and Flora cast a spell on him to bind him to life in skeletal form. That's just a working theory of mine. Although it seems more like a transformation than a weakness of any kind. He's not an apostle, but he is stronger than most of them. I do think more than the armor was involved with his situation though, and he's clearly no longer human, and I don't believe he's an apostle either. He's an ethereal being of some kind though, that's for sure. However, he probably started out as a human, like most do. I'm really looking forward to finding out all the answers as well. :)
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

revealer wrote: Also, I don't think that the hole and the prison are connected. As I understood, the prison tower was built on top of the hole after those events.
I was talking about the Tower that once stood in Albion, not the one Griffith was shacked up in.

BTW, I believe those 4 angels were comprised of different entitities than the current group of Godhands. I also would not rule out that perhaps Gaeseric may have been the 5th member of that group and somehow became at odds with the rest......to further eloborate on my theory of Griffith and the SK sharing similar paths.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
revealer
imanewbie

Post by revealer »

Starnum wrote:He seems to have a clear objective of killing Void, which makes me think they have some kind of history, but maybe he's just targeting the one that seems the most powerful.

Also Slan was calling SK "Majesty". Makes me believe that they knew each other while they were both still human.
Raaaargh, when is the next chapter coming out.. me wantz answerz -.-
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

revealer wrote:Also Slan was calling SK "Majesty". Makes me believe that they knew each other while they were both still human.
Raaaargh, when is the next chapter coming out.. me wantz answerz -.-
Yeah, that's another good point. I mean, if the "4 angels" as they're called in legend, aren't the current God Hand then I don't know who else they could be. Besides, if Gaiseric had any other similarities to Griffith besides uniting a kingdom, wouldn't he also now be a member of the God Hand? I think it's more likely that he's a sacrifice, rather than the one who summoned the eclipse (if that was indeed the case of what happened back then). That's why I would think it would be more likely that Void was the one who sacrificed the kingdom, but that's just an assumption on my part.

As for the new chapter, it's coming out on the 25th, so look for our release shortly thereafter. ;)
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

You know what would be really cool? That Skullknight/Gaiseric turns out to be a Griffith-like figure (cold, distant, charismatic, a man with a vision) and Void/Wise Sage the Gutts-like one (brave, hot-headed, extremely capable but devoid of a purpose). That way, what we are seeing right now would be what could have happened if Gutts was the one with the Behelit, and had lost the parting-of-ways fight with Griffith, ending up being imprisoned because of his refusal to continue serving under Griffith.
Gutts contribution to the Hawks was his unparalleled fighting prowess, what if Void's contribution to Gaiseric's band was an exquisite talent for diplomacy?

Just think about it. We're accustomed to look for similarities between Gutts and SK, to think of SK as a jaded, more experienced Gutts. May be we should try a different approach.

I think It'd be a very original and unique version of the classical "reversal of roles".
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
Venezuelan
imanewbie

Post by Venezuelan »

Hello, every one! I'm Venezuelan and I go to an American collage that I'll be at for two years. I love Berserk and I worship the evil genius. Thanks for everything you guys provide.
tsubaimomo
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by tsubaimomo »

Venezuelan wrote:I love Berserk and I worship the evil genius.
Greetings.
Other way around: "Worship Berserk and love EG"
hehehe...
Boxy
imanewbie

Post by Boxy »

Hi guys I live in Pennsylvania here in the U.S. and I stumbled upon these forums once I started reading Berserk about a month ago. Since then I have finished what they have out so far and cant wait till the new stuff came out. I started Berserk with the anime and unlike everyone else I know after seeing the ending I said, "No way, I love this anime way to much to let it end at the Eclipse". Since then I have gotten my little brother (16) to watch all 25 episodes with me but still haven't found a way to get him hooked on the manga. He did like it but I think hes just a little closed minded towards anime/manga in general and it was a stretch to get him to watch the whole series with me (regardless he said its the best he has ever seen).
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Hi Boxy and Venezuelan, nice to meet fellow Berserk fans.
4v4l0n42
imanewbie

Post by 4v4l0n42 »

Hello everyone,
I just joined in. As suggested in the guidelines, my first post is on this thread.

I've been following berserk since a was very young, and my interest on its Universe has grown with time. I've been eager to discuss with someone on a variety of subjects related to Berserk, and this seems the right place.

I'm glad I found this community. :)
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Hello, it's nice to meet all the newcomers. Welcome to EG. ;)
tomka
imanewbie

Post by tomka »

Hi guys my name is tomka i am from greece i started reading berserk by chance browsing manga on online stream sites,and first page a dude doing a chick and then the chick transforming and get her head blow off by a hand canon well...it is intresting :D and then i saw the anime i was rather let down of how it ended so i was like:they should definitely continue it.So i heard a week ago that they will make a new one but i had to comfirm it so it led me here and said why not make a forum acount found some nice topics,so nice to meet you all :lol: