Berserk 310 - Ghost Ship 3

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Re: Berserk 310 - Ghost Ship 3

Post by The Herald »

I was more comenting on by what one of the characters says about him getting stronger.
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

lon3vvolf wrote:
The Herald wrote:It seems Berserk has similarities to Dragonball Z that are exemplified by this chapter: Guts is like a Saiyan where he is stronger after he heals from a brutal beating, and the other people watch and comment on the fight.
Thats quite a generic comparison. Theres lots of anime/manga which characters who get stronger go fight stronger opponents and other people comment.

Now if Guts squatted down for 6-10 releases going "HHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRR" and looking constipated while his hair changed color then comparisons could be made.
Makankosappo!
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

lon3vvolf wrote:Now if Guts squatted down for 6-10 releases going "HHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRR" and looking constipated while his hair changed color then comparisons could be made.
I hate it when people say this crap about the DBZ characters looking constipated when they're powering up. You'd look constipated too if you were channeling that much power through your body all at once.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

As always, thanks a lot EG!
Maynard
imanewbie

Post by Maynard »

It's been a while since I've first started reading your scanlations and forums.
Finally I've decided to register and to take part in berserk conversations and share my thoughts.
First of all a big THANKS, which is worth for all the scans I've read from you.
I'm a Berserk fan from Italy, so try closing an eye if you see spelling errors or words that don't exist at all :D
This is definitely the best manga I've ever read, followed up by Vagabond and Blame!.
I can wait for Miura works even for ages, I don't care till he comes up with such rich paintings and storyline.
He's my and your new god so you can probably understand me when I talk like this.

About this one: six double pages = win.
End of feelings

pd: close the other eye too cause I've done the first post here
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Heh, nice first post. Welcome to the board, Maynard.
thepeaguy
notanewb

Post by thepeaguy »

I'm surprised that this place doesn't get many active members considering the work that is put in these translations.

Sorry for being OT, but I find it puzzling really.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Most people just get the torrent and leave immediately, some register but just hover around for a little bit and disappear. The few that stay usually keep at it, so I guess it depends on whether or not they feel comfortable with the whole vibe of this site. I actually welcome this because it means we don't have trillions of nonsensical topics like "who would win in a fight between Guts and Master Chief".
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
tsubaimomo
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by tsubaimomo »

Guts
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

tsubaimomo wrote:Guts
And that's why they're nonsensical, cause Guts always wins.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

As well he should.
hbi2k

Post by hbi2k »

I like character battle discussions. They're completely silly and pointless, of course, but as long as everyone knows not to take them seriously, they can be a lot of fun.

I agree, though, when you throw Guts into the mix it gets pretty boring, because against another melee fighter he's always going to come out on top. Give the other guy a giant mecha, then maybe it would be a fair fight.
Berserk: The Abridged Series: Beating a dead horse with another dead horse.
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
Triko
imanewbie

Post by Triko »

thepeaguy wrote:I'm surprised that this place doesn't get many active members considering the work that is put in these translations.

Sorry for being OT, but I find it puzzling really.
Maybe it has to do with the 5+ month long lulls between new Berserk chapters :?
Personally I think Guts has become weaker since accepting the armor. True, using it makes him stronger, but I mean physically its killing him so without it I doubt he could fight like he used to.
Yeah, Gut's is loosing more and more of his senses everytime the armor takes over, and his body is withering from the brutal damage he's taking from the last few fights. Compared to what Gut's has been up against, that sea monster was a creampuff, he could've taken it down without breaking a sweat any day.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Thanks EG very fun chapter, good to see guts finally get some action. :twisted:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
papasith

Post by papasith »

wel im not positive on the timeing, but right before gutts got the bereker armor he had some massive wound to his soul or something inflicted by a goods had (the female one, slann i think) whch has only now healed so since he got the armor he has not really fought at 100%...
rubberchicken
imanewbie

Post by rubberchicken »

papasith wrote:wel im not positive on the timeing, but right before gutts got the bereker armor he had some massive wound to his soul or something inflicted by a goods had (the female one, slann i think) whch has only now healed so since he got the armor he has not really fought at 100%...
They do comment at one point that he's losing weight, though.
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

Well he did fight Ganishka and a bunch of those mammoth demons. He was bitten in the chest by one if I recall correctly and Ganishka did electrocute him. Lastly, Schierke channeled that fire spirit into his sword, so his fight before the ghost ship made him sustain the most bodily harm in the manga.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
the_cutter
imanewbie

Post by the_cutter »

Hello, long time lurker here. To be proper, let me thank y'all for the brilliant releases over the years. Nice little "relax and take a breather" chapter, but hopefully we're very close to Elf Heim.

Anyway, general comment incomming. I remember people complaining about the quality dropping a bit and I was agreeing back then. However, after re-reading the whole Hawk of the Millennium Empire Arc I have to say it's top notch. It was probably due to frustration, you know when you have to wait a month between chapters it tends to lessen the impact. I don't blame Miura for that though, 'cause I'm sure he ain't lazying around - he's probably doing careful research and planning. And it's working out, the manga's been consistently good and focused for a long long time. [Still can't help but wish for periodical releases though :mrgreen: ]

I wasn't sure about the merry-band of followers at first, but again that was because they weren't Band of the Hawk, whom we followed for years. I really like them now, Farney-chan and Serpico have great back story and depth to them. The kiddies are good as well, even Isidro had good moments, yes he's annoying, but he's a kid. Kids tend to be annoying, so he gets a pass. Puck and Evarella are mainly slap-stick, but hey it's usually in the background and they have the size of a hand, so you can't really expect much of them. Good supporting cast I say, lets see if we add some from Azan, Roderick or Manifico [who's been hilariously pathetic so far!].

See ya in Elf Heim, should be fun. :)
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Yay!! Thanks so much for this, EG!

It's good to see Guts back in action, with the promise of more to come soon.
Facade19
Mastered PM

Post by Facade19 »

Thanks EG! (I am very late).
I am looking forward to the next release.