Berserk 308 - Ghost Ship

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Mail
Mastered PM

Re: Berserk 308 - Ghost Ship

Post by Mail »

Aetherfukz wrote:As always, thanks a lot EG!
The Herald wrote:Miura's such an ass. He's gotta know how pissed off his fans are at the long waits, in the middle of the chapters there's an address where you're supposed to send in your thoughts. I can't imagine how much hate mail he gets about that.
That note is in each chapter since, I dunno, about a year?

Also, this chapter could definately have used more Guts, although the suspense is really high right now.
With Berserk's release rate suspense is perpetually high :)
Nakadai wrote:Sorta nostalgic to see the old crew again, had to shake some cobwebs loose just to remember who everyone is. A re-read is definitely in order of the whole series up to this point, so much time has passed since i've read the bulk of the story. I know I can't be the only one in a similar predicament.
Not I. Can't go a week without rereading something....
turkey
Found the Edit button

Post by turkey »

thank you EG
tsubaimomo
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by tsubaimomo »

"That blasted fancy-man from Ys"
turkey
Found the Edit button

Post by turkey »

anyone know how long Miura plans on the two week intervals? or are we in store for another long wait soon?
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

turkey wrote:anyone know how long Miura plans on the two week intervals? or are we in store for another long wait soon?
No, there's really no way of knowing that. All we know is that we're getting a new chapter in two weeks. Let's just hope he keeps it up for a while.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Starnum wrote:
turkey wrote:anyone know how long Miura plans on the two week intervals? or are we in store for another long wait soon?
No, there's really no way of knowing that. All we know is that we're getting a new chapter in two weeks. Let's just hope he keeps it up for a while.
I'll second that. Here's hoping.
Nakadai
imanewbie

Post by Nakadai »

Mail wrote: Not I. Can't go a week without rereading something....
I'm generally reading something everyday myself, but i'd go nuts re-reading the same material week in and out.
Starnum wrote:
All we know is that we're getting a new chapter in two weeks. Let's just hope he keeps it up for a while.
I've told myself several times that it would be better to let some chapters pile up before reading, but every release is just too damn alluring!
Infini-Tropolis.com
yupachups
notanewb

Post by yupachups »

The Prince wrote:
War Machine wrote:I'm more baffled by the announcement on the first page where it says "Gut's complete recuperation is at hand."

Was that a pun? At "hand", get it?

Nah, it should've been "Gut's recuperation is in arm's length."
There have been people speculating that Guts may get his arm restored via some miracle on Elf Island. Not saying that they are wrong but I seriously have trouble imagining (or accepting) that Miura would resort to erasing something that has become symbolic of Guts and his plight.

Though perhaps the merging of the supernatural with the natural, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to see Guts developing some sort of physical/neurological control over the appendage such as feeling and controlled movement.
i think (and wish) that he might recover his eye and his arm. The Guy suffered so much.
i'm Here !!
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

yupachups wrote:i think (and wish) that he might recover his eye and his arm. The Guy suffered so much.
The metal arm saved him countless times though, through parrying boneshattering blows and blowing shit up afterwards. :P

The eye though, yeah would be useful for him to have true depth perception again, but the silhouette with one eye completely white from rage is so iconic and powerful that I doubt that will happen.
madonnalal
notanewb

Post by madonnalal »

Great work guys. I'm just glad we're back to Gutts and co. I was getting fed up with Mirua's special addition of Vogue: Midland Edition featuring Griffith.
korci
imanewbie

Post by korci »

Hi all! First of all, i've been silently reading this forum for more than a year, and i'm really impressed by the quality of the posts... rare to find conversations about manga on this level, or is it just me looking on wrong sites? :)
Aetherfukz wrote:
yupachups wrote:i think (and wish) that he might recover his eye and his arm. The Guy suffered so much.
The metal arm saved him countless times though, through parrying boneshattering blows and blowing shit up afterwards. :P

The eye though, yeah would be useful for him to have true depth perception again, but the silhouette with one eye completely white from rage is so iconic and powerful that I doubt that will happen.
I think Guts gains strength and determination from those lost body parts. Missing them is a constant memento of why he's on his journey. IMHO Guts would loose much by getting back his eye and arm.
Hyuri
imanewbie

Post by Hyuri »

Haven't posted in here in ages!

Thanks for always delivering EG!
papasith
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by papasith »

his full recovery might just mean from the wound from slaan mabe?
Omnideus
imanewbie

Post by Omnideus »

Been away from my computer for 3 weeks and just came to remember that a new issue came out a couple weeks back. Come here to check and I get 2 issues! Unfortunate that we get a "Continues next issue," but at least we're getting back to Guts and company.

As always, thank you ever so much for all your hard work, E.G. crew!
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

papasith wrote:his full recovery might just mean from the wound from slaan mabe?
I think that's been healed for a while now, actually. No, my impression is that what he's been recovering from right now are the various cuts, burns, the huge fricking puncture wound to the stomach, and the various other wounds that he recieved as they escaped the city.