Berserk Stupid theories

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

is this thread useful?

Yes
51%
No
15%
You should die Dark for reviving this shit
34%

Total votes: 248

Starnum
Elven King

Re: Berserk Stupid theories

Post by Starnum »

Born_Loser wrote:Suppose she regains her memories, and then looses her mind ? The memory loss is a defense mechanism to cope with mind-shattering events. How much more painful would that be ?
I dunno, she's already loopy, IMO. She seems to be afflicted with more then memory loss. So if the elf king can heal her, I think it'd be a complete process. She might be sad, or even mentally scarred from it. However, it would be redundant for her to regain her memories and then just immediately lose her mind again. I think the point is for her to regain her sanity and memories. Also, I don't know why everyone thinks she's going to hate Gatts so much, or reject him. It's possible, but just because SK said it MIGHT happen, it doesn't mean it will. I believe it's more likely that she will accept what Gatts has been doing to try and save her, foregoing his vengeance to heal her heart and mind, and be able to forgive him for the things he did which were really tough for him as well. That was his child too you know, and it's not even the last we've seen of the little guy, and I'm sure we'll see him again, if he was indeed the child on the beach. Even when Gatts hurt Casca, it was an accident. I would think this would be a time for them to support each other. If she rejects him and acts like a bitch, I will be so f'ing pissed. I'm not saying they're going to immediately get back together and live happily ever after. She'll need time to sort things out, and I think Gatts is mainly focused on her welfare more than viewing her as a love interest, so I don't see him rushing her to make any decisions. I'm really curious to see how things are going to go with her character on Elf Island. I don't know if she would want to go with him to fight Griffith, or if he'd even want her to come. She may end up staying on the island, whether she can be cured or not, I don't know. Is her character going to be put on the back burners, or will she return to her normal self and continue on with Gatts? Is she gonna get her own side-story section? I doubt it, so I think it'll be one or the other.
Mail
Mastered PM

Post by Mail »

I don't think she's affected with more than memory loss. It's just extreme memory loss, to the point where she's reverted to a child mentally.

If the Elf King heals her and brings back her memories she'll have to deal with those memories on her own. Unless he has the ability to bring back only specific parts of her memory, she's going to remember the eclipse, and that was an extremely traumatic experience for her. I'll be interested to see (assuming he does heal her) how she copes and/or changes.

I can't see any reason she would hate guts. He didn't do anything wrong to her. However, she might decide that she wants to start a new life to move on from that painful part of her past and she won't want to be around him because he'll be a reminder of it.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

I wonder if she'll be embarrassed for the way she acted or not. I sure hope she gives some credit to Farnese for taking care of her.

P.S. Starnum it's painfully obvious that you're married with that last post of yours.
Last edited by The Herald on Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Mail wrote:I don't think she's affected with more than memory loss. It's just extreme memory loss, to the point where she's reverted to a child mentally.

If the Elf King heals her and brings back her memories she'll have to deal with those memories on her own. Unless he has the ability to bring back only specific parts of her memory, she's going to remember the eclipse, and that was an extremely traumatic experience for her. I'll be interested to see (assuming he does heal her) how she copes and/or changes.

I can't see any reason she would hate guts. He didn't do anything wrong to her. However, she might decide that she wants to start a new life to move on from that painful part of her past and she won't want to be around him because he'll be a reminder of it.
Well, whatever the case may be, I just think it would be stupid for her to regain her memories, and then go insane. I thing it's very possible that regaining her memories will change her though, so I too am very anxious to see how she's going to react. Well, Gatts did step on their child and smush it, but it's body was corrupted from Griffith's evil essence, and it was a traumatic event for both of them. I don't blame Gatts for that. He did also choke her that one time and bit her on the boob, but he wasn't himself. His inner turmoil is something he struggles with, but he fights not to become a monster himself. So I see no reason for someone like Casca, who's been acting like an infant all this time, to hold such things against Gatts. At least he's been able to hold on manage somehow through all of this.
The Herald wrote:I wonder if she'll be embarrassed for the way she acted or not. I sure hope she gives some credit to Farnese for taking care of her.

P.S. Starnum it's painfully obvious that you're married with that last post of yours.
If I was Casca, I would be at least a little embarrassed after regaining my memories. If she remembers everything after the eclipse, I'm sure she'll be thankful for Farnese, or at least she should be. Heh, I may not be the most romantic guy, but I got married kind of young. It was just something that I really wanted in my life, and I do really want to see Gatts and Casca get back together. However, things don't always work out, so we'll just have to see where Miura wants to go with all this.
turkey
Found the Edit button

Post by turkey »

she isn't going to get her memory restored, she will die sometime after they reach elfhelm. she being caskaim

im counting on it
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

Who here thinks that Caska will actually become more twisted and hell-bent on revenge than Guts? Maybe she'll have a little wolf of her own...we know that the rape fucked Caska up more than it did to Guts.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

i totally think that will happen. i hope it does, scare the shit out of farnese
Last edited by The Herald on Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

dialdfordesi wrote:Who here thinks that Caska will actually become more twisted and hell-bent on revenge than Guts? Maybe she'll have a little wolf of her own...we know that the rape fucked Caska up more than it did to Guts.
I could totally see that happening.
Draug
imanewbie

Post by Draug »

Starnum wrote:
dialdfordesi wrote:Who here thinks that Caska will actually become more twisted and hell-bent on revenge than Guts? Maybe she'll have a little wolf of her own...we know that the rape fucked Caska up more than it did to Guts.
I could totally see that happening.
So we will end up with a duo like Batman and Catwoman... Having in mind that this is the stupid theories thread this doesn't sound as ridiculous as it should be.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

read back a couple of pages young newb, then you'll see why it is called what it is
papasith
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by papasith »

i can see it now gutts will finally be willing to settle down, but caska's constant nagging will make him want to go out and finish his buisness
Draug
imanewbie

Post by Draug »

The Herald wrote:read back a couple of pages young newb, then you'll see why it is called what it is
I've been stalking the forums for over 2 years or perhaps even more. I just lack the needed eloquence to express my thoughts coherently. Excuse me if i have misinterpret the purpose of this thread. This perhaps isn't the right place but I want to thank Evil Genius for all the hard work they have done and continue to do... i hope this doesn't sound as some shameless ass licking. :?
Born_Loser
notanewb

Post by Born_Loser »

Here, let me axe you this.

Does Caska even need a reason to hate Gutz ? She will find a way to blame him. Like she did when everything fell apart, and when Griffith was shot by a sniper. She will find a way to blame it on Gutz.
"Never dance with a girl who's older brothers have knife scars." - Matrim Cauthon
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Born_Loser wrote:Here, let me axe you this.

Does Caska even need a reason to hate Gutz ? She will find a way to blame him. Like she did when everything fell apart, and when Griffith was shot by a sniper. She will find a way to blame it on Gutz.
You mean to say she'll use her woman powers?
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

how are those powers? those are more an unfortunate side effect of being able to give birth. now, an actual power is getting a man to do or say something without really doing anything in return for him.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Perhaps.....

But a lot had changed between Guts and Caska since then.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

The Herald wrote:now, an actual power is getting a man to do or say something without really doing anything in return for him.
That's not a power, that's just coercion.
papasith
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by papasith »

Aetherfukz wrote:
The Herald wrote:now, an actual power is getting a man to do or say something without really doing anything in return for him.
mabe thats considered power by women?
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Aetherfukz wrote:
I don't know. You could also call it manipulation, and a high enough skill at that could be considered a power.
rubberchicken
imanewbie

Post by rubberchicken »

One of those was before she and Guts had even become friends, and the other was at the beginning of a scene that ended with them being lovers. I'm not really seeing either of those as evidence of "hate."
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

maybe hate for herself?

I predict that when Casca regains her memories and self she stays the same way because it's easier for her because she's been that way for like 3 years. She'll stop being super dependent and can talk, but she'll still be goofy. Not warrior sister Casca anymore. Maybe it's like a recession into how she always wanted to be, dependent instead of independent, because she had to learn how to be independent to survive in the world.
Vivioch
imanewbie

Post by Vivioch »

I doubt Casca will be a warrior anymore too. In her prime she was nowhere near as good as Silat, Serpico, or Azan even before they started fighting astral beings. Now the experience gap is gigantic and she would likely be a liability if she actively engaged in fights, especially since that the worlds have merged. Besides, her muscles have surely atrophied and just getting into peak physical condition would take a lot of time and work (though this may not be addressed at all =/). Unless theres a time skip, I dont think shell be too useful in fights other than finally allowing Farnese to kick some ass >:]
titogod
Found the Edit button

Post by titogod »

Vivioch wrote:I doubt Casca will be a warrior anymore too. In her prime she was nowhere near as good as Silat, Serpico, or Azan even before they started fighting astral beings. Now the experience gap is gigantic and she would likely be a liability if she actively engaged in fights, especially since that the worlds have merged. Besides, her muscles have surely atrophied and just getting into peak physical condition would take a lot of time and work (though this may not be addressed at all =/). Unless theres a time skip, I dont think shell be too useful in fights other than finally allowing Farnese to kick some ass >:]
blah blah blah...
Lara Skadi
notanewb

Post by Lara Skadi »

Vivioch wrote:I doubt Casca will be a warrior anymore too. In her prime she was nowhere near as good as Silat, Serpico, or Azan even before they started fighting astral beings. Now the experience gap is gigantic and she would likely be a liability if she actively engaged in fights, especially since that the worlds have merged. Besides, her muscles have surely atrophied and just getting into peak physical condition would take a lot of time and work (though this may not be addressed at all =/). Unless theres a time skip, I dont think shell be too useful in fights other than finally allowing Farnese to kick some ass >:]
She may be out of shape and practice but don't forget she was a very skillfull and experienced warrior. She can't be possibly compared to Guts or Serpico, but she can still kick some ass if she wants (and needs) to :P
But the thing is, if Isidro can be usefull, I don't know how the hell she couldn't.
Vivioch
imanewbie

Post by Vivioch »

Last edited by Vivioch on Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.