Berserk OVA Rumor

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Re: Berserk OVA Rumor

Post by DrPepperPro »

Ya it's very likely to be the chain knights. There's the trees in the background, and the Puck Pouch© on his belt. Probably supposed to be this exact part in the manga:
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc14 ... 160190.png

Though it does mean they messed up on his bandages/blood on right arm, and then the cape isn't black. But little details really, it's not like we expect an animated version to be better than the manga anyways.

Now where is puck at? here's some guesses.
-Vritanis. Would be the coolest option, because that means it spans quite far into the manga. Unless it means highly condensed/ruined storyline.
-The Snake baron or Slug count's city.
-Could be the town Jill was from, they had a stone wall perimeter, though it didn't really look like that. But animes change things so that's possible.

Casca:
-That little house they found by the sea, near Vritannis.
-The place they were staying at in Vritannis
-Somewhere in Enoch.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Aetherfukz wrote:
Either way, damn, I want that movie!
Though this isn't a Berserk movie.....IMO it is very damn close to one.

Just watch the trailer, and see if you agree

http://movies.ign.com/dor/objects/49094 ... 91109.html
Let's put a smile on that face...............
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, that looks pretty cool. I'll watch it.

I hope these rumors about a Berserk OVA are true, but I guess only time will tell.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

The Prince: you're a dick and that wasn't funny. At least it wasn't a Rick Roll, argh, that happened once to me in my office, good thing it was a university club. Actually I think it was one of your posts ...

Personally I don't care what this is, just as long as it's not a CGI wierdness like Ghost in the Shell: SAG or Appleseed. *shudder* I hate those, worst animation style ever, when putting actual effort into it of course.
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

What was wrong with the Prince's link? It's a legitimate movie trailer. It's even on IMDB and such...:?

Anyway, I don't think this supposed OVA is going to be in all CG, if it is legit. It might have some integrated CG, but that's about it. The picks of Casca and Gatts cutting down the soldiers look really convincing, but we'll see.
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

Hey Herald, did you think Prince was linking a trailer to Berserk? Because the Prince said it was like Berserk.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
papasith
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by papasith »

i liked prince's link. looks like a movie worth seeing
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

... I'm an idiot ... when it first linked me it was a really stupid skate boarding video, I guess that was just the advert. in any case that does look cool, but the main guy seems to be more noble than guts.

P.S. The Prince is not a dick.
FightClub

Post by FightClub »

Guts has never given a shit about redemption, his great motivator is revenge. It's why I liked the Black Swordsman concept so much, he had one path, which was his own, and anyone that got in his way would forfeit their lives. With the addition of all of these new cast members, it lightened his story, and deluded his goals. I mean look back to the first boss Apostle he killed after the apocalypse the count. Never was he more brutal, savage, and uncaring. He allowed the man who aided him to be executed (he felt remorse, but he would allow nothing to effect his progress). And it seemed all too true for someone who has been wronged that badly. It was beautiful in a twisted and sadistic way. Human nature at its darkest.
Rolos wrote:-He was born from a corpse? Has been killing (or assisting in the process) people ever since he was 5? Hahahaa...talk about having a shitty life. Its hilarious because he's not me.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

The Herald wrote:P.S. The Prince is not a dick.
You can't see it, but the newspaper's name is The Daily Herald, which I thought was pretty funny.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

War Machine wrote:
You can't see it, but the newspaper's name is The Daily Herald, which I thought was pretty funny.
Both Herald's got in wrong.

I am in fact a dick.......I may well have been named Richard (or Kanye).

I have been referred as so, to point that it is something I've grown to accept (no pun intended).

Now how can both Herald's be wrong, when they seemingly lie on opposing sides of the issue in-hand?

Well....though I may be a "Dick" as a whole, my intent in posting a link to a movie trailer that IMO shared slight similarities to the Berserk story in concept was certainly not of that nature. Though on the assumption that The Herald has only familiarized (yet not accustomed) herself to the notion of "Dick" at this point, as a gentleman I am more than willing to provide her some slack on the issue.
Last edited by The Prince on Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

FightClub wrote:Guts has never given a shit about redemption, his great motivator is revenge. It's why I liked the Black Swordsman concept so much, he had one path, which was his own, and anyone that got in his way would forfeit their lives. With the addition of all of these new cast members, it lightened his story, and deluded his goals. I mean look back to the first boss Apostle he killed after the apocalypse the count. Never was he more brutal, savage, and uncaring. He allowed the man who aided him to be executed (he felt remorse, but he would allow nothing to effect his progress). And it seemed all too true for someone who has been wronged that badly. It was beautiful in a twisted and sadistic way. Human nature at its darkest.
Two words: Character Development :D
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

War Machine wrote:
LOL, did you make that, War? I enjoyed that. It reads just like a newspaper would, well done.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

hmm ... what to do ... let's say that the prince is not a dick for that post, but is for others.

in any case he's still no fightclub or femto ;)
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

What? Both Femto and Fightclub are dicks?
You are wrong.
They are very nice people. They even let orphans (and some n00bs) say their prayers before murdering them for fun and profit.

P.S: Hey, Warmachine. How did you do that paper thing? Care to teach/tell me?
P.S.S: Do you guys really want a new Berserk OVA? I thought everyone had agreed that a new animated version would probably fail to meet Berserk standards.
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
papasith

Post by papasith »

on one hand it would not meet our expectations, but on the other it would be a new opportunity for more people to learn about the series (and start on the manga, and possibly want to buy them) which would help make sure they get the money to finish the damn story
hbi2k

Post by hbi2k »

Rolos wrote:P.S.S: Do you guys really want a new Berserk OVA? I thought everyone had agreed that a new animated version would probably fail to meet Berserk standards.
I dunno, do we really believe that, or is that just what we tell ourselves to help us deal with the pain of not having more anime? (-:
Berserk: The Abridged Series: Beating a dead horse with another dead horse.
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

hbi2k wrote:I dunno, do we really believe that, or is that just what we tell ourselves to help us deal with the pain of not having more anime? (-:
Now hbi2k, you shouldn't be up exerting yourself with all this posting! you should be in bed and dreaming about Berserk.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well, I've never said I didn't want more Berserk anime, though I doubt it would meet our expectations, as the original series fell short of the manga as well. I would hope it would be better than the first anime though, especially with today's technology, and with it being more popular than it was then, I think, then they would also have more funding. You might be thinking of a live action movie, I know there has been a lot of negative feelings about that. As for more anime, I think we all just scoff at the idea from thinking it was never going to happen. Let's be honest though, don't we all really want more Berserk anime? I know I do. That's why the thought of not having it hurts too much to think about it, heh. Even if it's not as good as the manga, it would probably still be pretty badass. The first anime was no marvel either, but we all enjoyed it, and it's what lead us to the masterpiece that is the manga, right? ;)
Born_Loser
notanewb

Post by Born_Loser »

DrPepperPro wrote:
hbi2k wrote:I dunno, do we really believe that, or is that just what we tell ourselves to help us deal with the pain of not having more anime? (-:
Now hbi2k, you shouldn't be up exerting yourself with all this posting! you should be in bed and dreaming about Berserk.
Yeah man. You should be resting and getting well, which I hope is soon. (Sir Integra Wengate Hellsing commanded me, I obey)
I feel similar to Berserk as I do about Phantasy Star. It would be nice if they made more. But, if they did it crappy, it would just cheapen what already is great. I think, ultimately though, none of us can get enough Berserk. Even if they did do it below our expetations, we'd still enjoy it. Hell, I liked that really crappy D&D movie. We all want to see more berserk. We crave it. But on the other hand, I don't think any of us want another incomplete anime, or an anime that's hacked to pieces. I think there are key scenes we each want to see, (pagan orgy!) but I doubt any anime would cover it all. It would take an anime similar in size to Hokuto no Ken to cover it all, and since Berserk isn't one of the big franchise shows like DBZ or Inuyasha, I doubt any company would be willing to go the distance with it. So, while I want more, I don't want it to be cheap.
If they made a live-action Berserk, they would call it Conan, lol.
"Never dance with a girl who's older brothers have knife scars." - Matrim Cauthon
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

All Phantasy Star is crappy, therefore cannot be compared to Berserk.
CCS
imanewbie

Post by CCS »

Holy crap, in that Solomon Kane trailer the guy who plays Solomon was Marc Antony in Rome. TOTALLY seeing that movie.
MY ART (LOTS OF BERSERK FANART) http://ccs1989.deviantart.com
Born_Loser
notanewb

Post by Born_Loser »

CCS wrote:Holy crap, in that Solomon Kane trailer the guy who plays Solomon was Marc Antony in Rome. TOTALLY seeing that movie.
Yeah. Solomon Kane was invented by the same guy who invented Conan. I'm totally going to watch it.
"Never dance with a girl who's older brothers have knife scars." - Matrim Cauthon
yoshimura
imanewbie

Post by yoshimura »

Well, as far as trying to peg which part of the berserk timeline the pics are from, the color scheme of Guts' armor looks pre-eclipse, but i believe it must be after since i don't recall torsos flying through the air before he got the dragonslayer. Sure people got cut down before, but they didn't get cleaved like that, or at least not so many in a single swing.

It is only natural to worry about how a possible anime would turn out considering the scope of the story being shoehorned into an OVA. But if Miura-san is involved then i would like to believe it is good enough to have his blessing. I would gladly welcome it since i hope it would essentially be some highlights of the manga brought to life. So maybe it is not supposed to really tell a story (well, part of a story) like the original anime, but could actually be fan service for all the hardcore fans. Hope this is legit. If not, my new purpose in life is to become a billionaire so i can personally finance new berserk anime.

P.S. Be gentle. Its my first post.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

yoshimura wrote:Well, as far as trying to peg which part of the berserk timeline the pics are from, the color scheme of Guts' armor looks pre-eclipse, but i believe it must be after since i don't recall torsos flying through the air before he got the dragonslayer. Sure people got cut down before, but they didn't get cleaved like that, or at least not so many in a single swing.

It is only natural to worry about how a possible anime would turn out considering the scope of the story being shoehorned into an OVA. But if Miura-san is involved then i would like to believe it is good enough to have his blessing. I would gladly welcome it since i hope it would essentially be some highlights of the manga brought to life. So maybe it is not supposed to really tell a story (well, part of a story) like the original anime, but could actually be fan service for all the hardcore fans. Hope this is legit. If not, my new purpose in life is to become a billionaire so i can personally finance new berserk anime.

P.S. Be gentle. Its my first post.
Looks like he might need you, as apparently there was an anime in the works.