Berserk OVA Rumor

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

madonnalal
notanewb

Berserk OVA Rumor

Post by madonnalal »

I happened across this website. http://www.animenews.biz/new-berserk-ova-images-1921/

Can anyone vouch for its authenticity? I want to know if this is happening for real before I get too excited.
hbi2k
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Re: Berserk OVA Rumor

Post by hbi2k »

We've been discussing this a little in the Berserk Stupid Theories thread, under the assumption that any talk of a new Berserk anime / continuation of the old one not confirmed by a credible source (Miura himself, OLM, ADV, etc.) counts as a "stupid theory." (-:

In any case, Rule of Three: if a news story is posted by no less than three separate credible sources, it's news. Otherwise, it's rumor and speculation. This one has nothing more credible than a couple message board posts behind it, therefore it is to be taken with a giant grain of salt. It COULD be from a new OVA or video game. It could be from a project that's since been canceled or abandoned. It could be fanart that someone decided to display on a TV and take a picture of with their crappy cell phone camera to make it look like a leak. We just don't know.
Berserk: The Abridged Series: Beating a dead horse with another dead horse.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

hbi2k wrote:We've been discussing this a little in the Berserk Stupid Theories thread, under the assumption that any talk of a new Berserk anime / continuation of the old one not confirmed by a credible source (Miura himself, OLM, ADV, etc.) counts as a "stupid theory." (-:

In any case, Rule of Three: if a news story is posted by no less than three separate credible sources, it's news. Otherwise, it's rumor and speculation. This one has nothing more credible than a couple message board posts behind it, therefore it is to be taken with a giant grain of salt. It COULD be from a new OVA or video game. It could be from a project that's since been canceled or abandoned. It could be fanart that someone decided to display on a TV and take a picture of with their crappy cell phone camera to make it look like a leak. We just don't know.
I agree, BUT that is some fan art! That image of Caska would be exactly how I would envision an updated anime of Berserk to resemble under todays industry standards.

And who knows.....I'll add some of fuel to the fire, and surmise that perhaps Miura has had this under wraps for some time, and THUS would explain his conspicuous absences from updating the manga these past few years......
Let's put a smile on that face...............
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Interesting. Hope that this is real. If it is fake though, damn that's some awesomely done faked pictures. The one with Zodd is amazing with the lightning and all!
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Well, i wasn´t around the internets by the time the first "rumor" came around but as far as i know, there wasn´t a single piece of "evidence" that helped the veracity of it. But this time, stupid Theories around here or not, these pics certainly help the case of this last rumour, like the prince said, some of those screenshots are pretty much the standard of what you expect of that artstyle in anime series.

I say some because some of them look weird, Zodd´s for starters but i fear that´s more shitty 3D than anything else....fucking 3d in anime.

So yeah, let´s take this with a grain of slat but let´s not rule this one out of the blue just yet.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

It looks kind of like the cgi they used in the new Appleseed and the GC FireEmblem.
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
FightClub

Post by FightClub »

If it's a game, I hope this one comes out in the united states. If it is an anime, hell yeah. If it's just fan art, it's still pretty cool.
Rolos wrote:-He was born from a corpse? Has been killing (or assisting in the process) people ever since he was 5? Hahahaa...talk about having a shitty life. Its hilarious because he's not me.
Superboi
notanewb

Post by Superboi »

Fan art or not, this brought tears to my eyes.
Triko
imanewbie

Post by Triko »

Superboi wrote:Fan art or not, this brought tears to my eyes.
Same here, Berserk fans are just starving for content while patiently waiting for the next Manga chapters to trickle out. My jaws dropped to the floor upon seeing some of the videos of Guts being smoothly animated in the PS2 Berserk game (I would buy a PS2 if that game were ever brought over here :( ), especially of the iconic fight with Zodd in volume 22. A new well done Berserk anime series would bring me to tears, it'll be amazing to finally see Guts swinging around the Dragonslayer in anime form.
CCS
imanewbie

Post by CCS »

I got super excited when I first saw the pics, but without any news backing it up my hopes have dropped. Still, the pics look pretty amazing, except for the blood in the one with Guts.
Could be an in-development or canceled game though if it isn't an anime..
MY ART (LOTS OF BERSERK FANART) http://ccs1989.deviantart.com
Draug
imanewbie

Post by Draug »

FightClub

Post by FightClub »

Draug wrote:Berserk film , anyone http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... -hollywood ?
Hopefully it doesn't turn out like dragonball.
Rolos wrote:-He was born from a corpse? Has been killing (or assisting in the process) people ever since he was 5? Hahahaa...talk about having a shitty life. Its hilarious because he's not me.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

well, let's just see what happens, but it's true, nothing can be as bad as Dragonball, other than Uwe Boll of course

But again comes the time to guess who would be who, especially since everyone's supposed to be young. Here's my initial casting call, at least for characters I've thought of:

Griffith: Logan Lerman
The King: Colm Feore
The Queen: Meg Ryan
Judeau: Hunter Parrish
Guts: Steven Strait
Casca: Jessica Andres
Princess Charlotte: Demi Lovato (just because she annoys me so much)
Void: Peter Stormare

I haven't thought of anyone from after the eclipse.
papasith

Post by papasith »

i cant imagine a berserk movie turning out good, the story is too long and i think they would hollywoodize it but you never know. i'd watch it

and grappler baki? really

the battle angel alita sounds cool too
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

I'd watch it too, but I wouldn't go in with any high expectations. A Berserk movie, made by hollywood? I just can't see that turning out well.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Istvan wrote:I'd watch it too, but I wouldn't go in with any high expectations. A Berserk movie, made by hollywood? I just can't see that turning out well.
On another note, James Cameron in an interview about Avatar, did mention his next project he was working on was something titled Battle Angel. I had no idea that this had anything to do with the lame Battle Angel Alita manga. Berserk would have been a much better choice.

Though it would be impossible to make the GA arc in one movie. The eclipse alone would be a movie in itself.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
Fradener
imanewbie

Post by Fradener »

So what are the pics from? Just pictures of elaborately faked fanart taken by a Digital Camera on a TV?

Even if it's not real it'd be nice to know what it is.
FightClub

Post by FightClub »

Honestly it looks like an anime.
Born_Loser
notanewb

Post by Born_Loser »

So, exaclty which part of Berserk are these from ? They can't be from too far in the story from where the original left off, because Zodd has two horns.
"Never dance with a girl who's older brothers have knife scars." - Matrim Cauthon
newbified
n00b Smasher

Post by newbified »

Well at least part of it is post-eclipse, what with Casca's looks.

I'm not entirely sure. The Zodd screen certainly looks like the exit he makes after telling Gutts his fate. But for all we know if it is indeed a OVA is may be more of a nod to old fans and will give a basic "up to this point" flashback or something. Not entirely sure. I can't imagine them putting the entire series and then stuff from beyond the Eclipse in an OVA series.

Nice WoT quote also Loser. =P
Steeples scrape the sky, Praising God.
Everything here exists for God, is sacrificed to God.
For those who have nothing to sacrifice,
It can be a very heartless city indeed.
FightClub

Post by FightClub »

newbified wrote:Well at least part of it is post-eclipse, what with Casca's looks.

I'm not entirely sure. The Zodd screen certainly looks like the exit he makes after telling Gutts his fate. But for all we know if it is indeed a OVA is may be more of a nod to old fans and will give a basic "up to this point" flashback or something. Not entirely sure. I can't imagine them putting the entire series and then stuff from beyond the Eclipse in an OVA series.

Nice WoT quote also Loser. =P
Did some researching, and apparently it's being done by studio4c, the people who did the anamatrix.

Guts isn't missing his arm, unless he's gripping that sword with his metal appendage. It also looks like his armor and cloak are pre-eclipse, (note the lack of full leg armor) and that fact that he's fighting humans might further support that. On the contrary he has what appears to be knee-cap armor, and his spaulders reach to the elbow, and I'm encertain if that is present in the pre-eclipse manga, or anime. It is also debatable if his throwing knives are present in that picture. The fact that Zodd has two horns also points to it, although that might be a flash-back. Caska is definitely post-eclipse, and Puck came around post-eclipse in the manga.

Post-Eclipse Guts:

Pre-Eclipse Guts:
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

He DOES have the full leg armor in the pic though, the metal kneeguard can clearly be seen on his left leg in the picture. And IMHO the picture is too bad quality and the angle is bad too, so it could be either a metal left arm, or his flesh one gripping the sword. And its not like Guts didn't have to kill some humans post-eclipse too, there were plenty human kills, especially before the golden arc flashback. But Post-Eclipse Caska being there would point to a post-golden arc-flashback storyline. :?

Either way, damn, I want that movie!
FightClub

Post by FightClub »

True enough.
newbified
n00b Smasher

Post by newbified »

I took the picture of him fighting the humans, as most likely, the fight with the Knights of the Holy Iron Chain. Especially since I see 3 shields and 3 different coat of arms. Which would make sense I suppose since Serpico mentioned all of the enlisted within the order are sons of Nobles out to get some time in the service under the belts since the Knights don't see very much action.

I can definitely make out the shape of throwing knives strapped across his chest, and I see what appears to be a prosthetic arm on his left side. I think it mostly lends credence to this all happening after the Eclipse.

I can't think of any other time where Gutts was surrounded by human opponents, except for when he was fighting Adon's 100 men. And even then it seemed in the anime and manga to be a much more dense forest than the surrounding area in that picture.

I could also just be seeing things.
Steeples scrape the sky, Praising God.
Everything here exists for God, is sacrificed to God.
For those who have nothing to sacrifice,
It can be a very heartless city indeed.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

The armor is definitely black swordsman, after the eclipse, before the first upgrade when he comes back to godo