Lucky Final Fantasy XIII for ps3 and 360

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Re: Lucky Final Fantasy XIII for ps3 and 360

Post by lon3vvolf »

Averlanche anyone?

Anyway, found this very funny:

(sorry, dunno how to scale it down)

That webcomic is very amusing at times.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

no.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

That's right you better call him lord, bitch, but seriously sony did get facepwned. Seeing as ff13 was strictly playstation up until recently. It's really no big deal though, it's just dumbasses like that guy on the vid who thought final fantasy was always sony. Square makes games for all gaming systems and the like. The games I really want, however would be GoW3, KH3(If ever) and Bioshock for ps3.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

I'm still in love with FFX, and I am hoping and praying that FFXIII won't suck balls (IMO of course) like FFXII did. Although I'm very interested in the new battle system, I do wish that they'd give CTB another chance, the fighting in FFX is my favorite compared to the rest.

Yeah, you heard me, I like FFX the best, and all you Cloud lovers can suck my ---- :TMI:

I also know a video game developer who used to work for EA and he says that PS3 is the most promising system because of the multiple drivers. Yes, it does make creating games and gameplay for the system difficult, but it also opens up a world full of possibilities when it comes to gaming. Think of it like this, the XBOX 360 and most PCs (and macs and linux for you assholes who must find little things to nitpick about the different OSs) are one dimensional, while PS3 is almost fourth dimension. I know that's a dumb way of going about it, but it's interesting stuff, especially when processing companies have been developing nano and quantum technology for these sorts of applications.
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Meh.

Also, Yu Yevon is the biggest fucking loser of a final boss ever. I can never say that enough.

I just hope XIII is a good game. If not, I may lose what little hope for the series I have left.

I do think it's a little ghey that they gave up the exclusivity of the series, but I'm not surprised at all. As I was saying, "Meh."
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

It was on Nintendo before it went to Sony dude, all the way up to 6. Then Squaresoft and Nintendo got into a huge fight and since 7 all the games have been Sony, except 11, which was PC then 360 (I think). I personally loved that Final Fantasy Spirits Within movie, but it was the worst move Square had ever made, and that prompted them to merge with Enix. I hate Enix. And Enix was also better before it merged with Square, go figure. Square will be lucky if it can survive after making 13.

Also, I don't consider Yu Yevon the final boss, more like an afterthought to finish the story. To me Jecht was the final boss, and even after completing the sphere grid he still gives you a run for your money.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

The Herald wrote:It was on Nintendo before it went to Sony dude, all the way up to 6.
No shit, everyone knows that. However, it's been exclusive to Sony since FFVII, so obviously that's what I was referring to. I just hate to see any games lose their exclusiveness, because I think if it continues all competition between systems will be destroyed, and gaming will become monopolized by one system. That's not good, I don't think anyone wants that. Can you imagine, in the future there could only be one gaming system, and they'd control the market. Why buy multiple systems if you can get all the same games on one system, after all. Exclusives are a good thing, I just wish the video game companies would all stop being greedy and going multi-plat. It's okay for some games, but if we lose all of our exclusives, and a single gaming console takes power, I fear gaming innovation will become stagnant and they'll be able to charge us whatever prices they want (They practically do already). That's a bit of an extreme situation, but you can see where I'm coming from hopefully. So for me it's not even about the FF series in particular. I don't want games for other systems to lose their exclusives either, it's something that sets systems apart, and it's important IMO. As for FFXIII, like I've said, I'm just hoping it's a good game.

Oh, and whether you consider Yu Yevon to be the final boss of FFX or not, he is. Jecht should have been the last boss, but sadly they kept going after that, and Yu Yevon was a complete and total joke. Also the last boss of FFIX was weird too. It's like, there was no build up for the guy/thing/being at all. That thing just came out of nowhere, and then afterward no one even talked about it, I found the whole ordeal with that boss to be very odd, but at least he could put up a better fight than Yu Yevon, not that that's saying much though, heh.
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

Both systems have their merits. I like the tUncharted, Warhawk, the parts of MGS4 where you actually watch instead of play.)

I like the xbox for its ease of online play. It's much more seamless to get a party going and to play online. The exclusives are also pretty sick.

As for FF, not all the games were bad. I mean there was that one with the dark knight who becomes a paladin...
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

What I like about FFX (ignoring the whole Yu Yevon thing where you have auto regen and all that) is that Jecht actually is the hardest boss in the game. The same cannot be said about 12, where I remember beating Vayne at level 50. But 12 had a lot of problems, like making Vaan the main character when it obviously should have been Ashe. I mean, c'mon, all of the story is geared around her, and all of the super weapons belong to her, it's a dead givaway that something happened half way through the development and one of the producers didn't like a girl being the main character. Kind of reminds me of what happens to Gantz anyways. And besides, I'm not saying FFX is the best or anything, I don't want to get into that debate, I just like it better, its more my style. Not like I'm going to go all fanboy on you.

And about the multi-platforming I couldn't agree with you more. When I heard that Metal Gear Rising was going to the 360 too I was pissed. Granted, the redux version of MGS1 is for the GC, and there was a redux version of MGS2 for the XBOX, but still, it's a PS game through and through. At least we can always be happy with the fact that Nintendo will always make games for Nintendo systems, even if they are only Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, and Metroid nowadays.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

The Herald wrote:But 12 had a lot of problems, like making Vaan the main character when it obviously should have been Ashe.
Bashir. Bashir should have been the protagonist. You should always get to play the coolest dude of the party. :P
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

This is one thing that I'll argue to the death ;). EVERYTHING in that game is geared toward Ashe, it's her country that's being invaded, her lover that was killed, her family line that all the big super weapons deal with. Balthier is the next most important character, considering that Cid was his dad, its his airship, and all that. But Balthier was the romantic interest as well, and why the hell did nothing happen with that? Like WTF. But as the story goes Ashe is the one we the audience care about. But no, they chose Vaan, he has even less to do with the story than Penelo or Fran do, and that's just downright shite.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I'll admit, I don't really FFXII. I wanted to like it. It seemed like it had a good story. However, the combat system killed it for me. I either want to be playing a real MMO RPG, or playing a normal fuggin RPG. Not some weird abomination of the two. I'm sorry, I just don't like having to go through all the extra effort to properly control all the characters, and/or having to leave it up to the damn AI patterns. I don't care how much you can customize them, I just don't enjoy playing the game that way. I thought I would, I guess I was wrong. Also, it might just be me, but that game seem to require lots of grinding, and I hate that. I expect to naturally progress in strength as I play through the story. If I want to level, then I'll do so, but I hate feeling like I have to do it, like it's a chore.

Anyway, I liked FFX, but it's not my favorite. My favorite is still FFVII, big surprise. It was the first FF game I ever really played though, so that may have something to do with it. Anyway, I won't go all fanboy either, that's just the one I like best. I really enjoyed all aspects of that game, the game-play, the setting, the mood, the story, and the characters. Anyway, after that would probably be FFIX, then FFVIII or FFX, something like that. I never really got to play XI unfortunately, I probably would have enjoyed it. Oh, and do I really need to even count X-2? I beat it, but I mean, come on, meh. Oh, though Crisis Core on PSP was pretty cool too, IMO.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

FFX-2 is worth it if you're going for the 100% rating, but it has a totally different feel than X. Actually, if you're going for 100%, it's totally fucking difficult and takes almost 100 hours to do. I've done it. I am that much of a FFX fanboy. But because I like Tidus and Yuna so much it was worth it for me. I have played through all the PS ffs and one and two, but no other character has stuck with me like Tidus has. Must be the whole limited omniscient storytelling of FFX that did it.

And no, XII did not have a good story, it had the worst story of all final fantasies. But I do agree with you on the grinding and gameplay mechanics.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

The Herald wrote:This is one thing that I'll argue to the death ;). EVERYTHING in that game is geared toward Ashe, it's her country that's being invaded, her lover that was killed, her family line that all the big super weapons deal with. Balthier is the next most important character, considering that Cid was his dad, its his airship, and all that. But Balthier was the romantic interest as well, and why the hell did nothing happen with that? Like WTF. But as the story goes Ashe is the one we the audience care about. But no, they chose Vaan, he has even less to do with the story than Penelo or Fran do, and that's just downright shite.
Meh. You're probably right. To be honest, FFXII was the only Final Fantasy that I started but never finished. I really loved it. But some time after some city with a big huge harbor (Belawatchamacallit?) I was like level 40, and the next boss I had to do was fucking insane, and after reading some guides it was clear that I would have to stupidely grind out like 10 levels to move on from that point in the story becaust stuff would only get harder. And if I wanted to grind I'd still play World of Warcraft.

If there's one thing I simply cannot stand in single player games, it's grinding to get to the level where you can advance the story.

The Last Remnant had some points too where I simply couldn't pass (holy freaking fucking hell of fuck, Gates of fucking Hell, and straight after that, Jaeger? And I couldn't leave the boss area to grind because I couldn't get out and my only other save was some 10 ingame hours before). But at least I had that on PC so I could use a trainer to get past the most evil boss encounter I can remember. (And before someone, ie Femto, calls me a cheater for doing so, if I had to redo 10 gameplay hours I would have simply quit the game, for I have better things to do :P)

Edit: I meant Balthier in my previous post. Why did I think of Bashir? Dunno. Oh right,

I'll always be a geek at heart :D
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

There was only one part in FFXII that I found hard and that was this old dragon boss around the end of the forest. Other than that, everything was easy peasy, but I agree with you on the grinding. The way I dealt with that was I muted the TV and blasted heavy metal on the radio. So much for Nobuo Uemastu's special orchestra score. I think that by making it orchestral they detracted from it. FFX had orchestral moments, and real instruments like pianos and violins at other points, but full on orchestra feels wierd in video games. I like how FFX, and some Zelda games, just do it a little bit. But the cut scene movies were definitely better in X, as were the faces (when Al-Cid and Penelo have the same face something's wrong), and the bodies. And I wish they did more with Balthier being a sky pirate, and Vaan wanting to become one. I'm sure you've seen this cartoon before, but it's a good one to sum up what's annoying with FFXII.

The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

I hated FFX, but enjoyed and played the shit out FX12. Although Vaan was mediocre, I thought it had awesome side characters. Where in FFX, I hated everyone except that guy with a broken-horn.......probably because he didn't talk.

....actually Auron was pretty cool.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Auron was pretty cool, and so was Jecht. Those two were definitely my favorites in that game.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Wasn't Auron pretty much a Vincent double?