Berserk 306 - Fantasia

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Starnum
Elven King

Re: Berserk 306 - Fantasia

Post by Starnum »

I don't know about that one, sounds like an idea for the theory thread, heh. I mean, the hug is one thing, but does he have to kiss him too? No that's just too much, lol.
madonnalal
notanewb

Post by madonnalal »

I'm interested to see in what will be the repercussions of Griffith's dream coming true. Will he be allowed to rule in a castle and stay there until Gutts can find him, or will he be summoned back to the God Hand to be with the rest of them? What happened to the other God Hand members when they got their wishes fulfilled? Were they able to live out a perfect life on Earth and then returned to the God Hand? What is the difference between a God Hand member and an apostle? Is it just when a new God Hand member is brought into the God hand, as we've seen with Griffith, the whole world gets thrown into topsy-turvy and astral beings come crawling in hoards into the mundane world? If Griffith stays in the Mundane world, will it be as Griffith or Femto?
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

I don't think the Skull Knight ... or Void for that matter could kiss and make up, neither of them have lips.
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

madonnalal wrote:I'm interested to see in what will be the repercussions of Griffith's dream coming true. Will he be allowed to rule in a castle and stay there until Gutts can find him, or will he be summoned back to the God Hand to be with the rest of them? What happened to the other God Hand members when they got their wishes fulfilled? Were they able to live out a perfect life on Earth and then returned to the God Hand? What is the difference between a God Hand member and an apostle? Is it just when a new God Hand member is brought into the God hand, as we've seen with Griffith, the whole world gets thrown into topsy-turvy and astral beings come crawling in hoards into the mundane world? If Griffith stays in the Mundane world, will it be as Griffith or Femto?
Probably which ever form he chooses, considering now that the astral layer has fused with the human world. Also Griffith is different than the rest of the God-hand having been reborn. Seems as though the other GH members and The Idea have had special plans for him from the beginning.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
calvin
Flexing spam muscles

Post by calvin »

holy shit what a great chapter! thanks EG!

those pages of the god hand... just wow! I'm making the pic of Conrad my desktop. and I'm assuming some of you noticed that the "cave" of shapes around Slann looks a hell of a lot like a tangle of female bodies
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

Just to make sure: Is Conrad's domain the human mind? Because I used to think it was time and space, since he could open "windows" to watch stuff that had happened in the past, but, in retrospective, it seems clear now that what he did was to open "windows" to memories of the past. Besides, it was him who did all the suggestion that convinced Griffith (he would have probably done it anyway, Conrad just accelerated the process...I think) to sacrifice the BotH.
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

Ubik
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Yeah, Ubik is the realm of thinking (this is all my own opinion), that's who you're referring to. Slan, I believe, is lust and physical sensations, Conrad is actual physicalness and decay, Void is fear and, well, the void, and Femto is religion. All very powerful stuff there. All of them I believe encompass the realm of raw emotion.
Kruger
imanewbie

Post by Kruger »

Istvan wrote:
Starnum wrote:Yeah, they'll probably look the same as they usually do. It is pretty crazy to think that the God Hand can manifest themselves in the normal plane now, like Griffith. This could be very bad for the world, but at least now they'll be more accessible for SK and Gatts, to exact their revenge upon. I'm looking forward to seeing how all this develops, too bad we have to wait two months for the next chapter though. *sigh*
Maybe. I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out that they can only partially manifest, though. Sort of like Slann did in the troll cave, except that now they'd be able to do things like that anywhere and anytime, as long as they had something to manifest through. That would...kind of suck.
DrPepperPro wrote:It's not necessarily a failure. To me, it seems like SK and Guts have better chances in their fight against the God Hand now. But really it depends on the properties of the new world, so I hope we're shown some or explained some on that.
Possible, it just seems unlikely/odd that the God's Hand would do anything that would make them significantly more vulnerable, unless it also made them massively more powerful. We'll have to wait and see, of course, but having one of their own plans leave them vulnerable like that just seems...out of character.
Well I dont' think its a matter of power but of the freedom to torment the world more. Until recently the Godhand were excluded from the human world only able to effect it indirectly or when a behelit was used. Now a whole host of experiences are in store for them, I think they would jump at the chance to enter the human world. After all regular apostles consider themselves indestructable just see how they acted when Gatts tried to kill them "Human strength can't kill me" and such. I imagine the godhand are even more confident about there indestructable nature. Best guess of the future is that Gatts will have to confront one of the godhand (not griffith, that will be at the end) slay them, and then all hell will break lose, since they will find out then can die.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Interesting.

I agree with the new guy.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

I was just reading one of the many shojo mangas that I have and I realized something: I don't believe that what I see on the page is what these characters actually look like. That's the biggest difference with these 'pop' manga and Berserk, I actually believe that what Miura has drawn is what Guts and company look like. I think that may be why when I draw comics I want things to look mostly realistic because I want the audience to believe that is how things actually look in the world of that comic, not a quickly drawn artsy version. I enjoy arstiness, but there's something shallow about it.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

The Herald wrote:I was just reading one of the many shojo mangas that I have and I realized something: I don't believe that what I see on the page is what these characters actually look like. That's the biggest difference with these 'pop' manga and Berserk, I actually believe that what Miura has drawn is what Guts and company look like. I think that may be why when I draw comics I want things to look mostly realistic because I want the audience to believe that is how things actually look in the world of that comic, not a quickly drawn artsy version. I enjoy arstiness, but there's something shallow about it.
I agree, it takes a lot of detail to pass off realism....without exception. In fact I find myself being overly critical of Miura's frames time-to-time just because of the standard he has come to set for himself.

Over the years Miura has perfected the human form in his way IMO. Not that it is true in all circumstances, but I do believe some authors are able to pass off "abstract-ness/artsy" or even "style" as ways to avoid painstaking detail. If as an author, you are going for realism, there is nothing you can hide behind as far as room for interpretation.....because as readers go we are all experts in 'realism'.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well put, I concur, heh. Miura is definitely my favorite manga artist. His stuff really is like art, forget the artsy stuff, heh. No other manga quite compares to his art, IMO.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

I second that artsy stuff. And on the topic of the Godhand maybe getting into the real world. While they would be sure to wreck havoc, it could also mean that they would be physical, and therefore Guts and/or Skully would be able to attack them.

Damn, can't wait for the next chapter... and also for the time when Guts and company finally arrive in Elfhelm.
papasith
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by papasith »

then again we saw effective skull knight was at attacking a god's hand, lol
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

I almost don't want to read Berserk anymore though, it's so different than what I first started with. All the shit changed and its so vastly different, its almost at the point where it's jumped the shark, but because it's released so slowly it feels like it has gone on forever, the story, while in reality not much as happened. like I've said before, what has been mere weeks in the Berserk world has been a decade in our world. Berserk's world is almost like Narnia in that respect.

And personally I like to explore all styles, but the point I'm trying to make is that when I do finish my first comic (sketches and layout done woot) I want the reader to feel and believe what they're seeing is how it looks and is what is taking place, as opposed to a representation of it. A very difficult standard to obtain, I know.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

The Herald wrote:I almost don't want to read Berserk anymore though, it's so different than what I first started with. All the shit changed and its so vastly different, its almost at the point where it's jumped the shark [...]
Fucking BLASPHEMY!
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Aetherfukz wrote:
The Herald wrote:I almost don't want to read Berserk anymore though, it's so different than what I first started with. All the shit changed and its so vastly different, its almost at the point where it's jumped the shark [...]
Fucking BLASPHEMY!
I know, right? I didn't want to say it myself, but now that the cat's out of the bag. :P
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Yeah. The Herald has clearly crossed the line with that last post.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

........Screw The Herald.
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

ooooh, ooooh, is this whats called a "flaming"? I wanna try it too! I wanna try it too!

Lets see....May be I should start by doubting of his heterosexuality.....yeah, that one's good.

Anyone else notices a certain resemblance between his Avatar and the shark?

Skipping the boring pseudo-cognitive-psychology bits, lets just say The Herald wants to be a shark.
And he wants Berserk, most precisely Gutts (or may be Roderick) to jump over him.
Why would he want to do that?

I just want everyone to guess which part of Gutts's body this ""shark"" would put in his ""jaws"" first.

Thats right....Screw The Herald.

PD: This is Fun!
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

I loled. Hard.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Oh well done Rolos! That was very good.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Istvan wrote:Yeah. The Herald has clearly crossed the line with that last post.
... why? I didn't break any rules, but I don't need to bark them at you (considering some of you are mods).

P.S. I'm a girl and I take no offense to your flaming, so really at this point its just for your own enjoyment.
Romdeau
imanewbie

Post by Romdeau »

I read your original post and I think it is best to post what you really feel and think, not an image of it. Plus I find it interesting you pretend to be male, but are in fact female. I have been stalking these forums for a long time, but rarely post, so please do not think I am jumping into this without thought.

EDIT: And in your original post you DID seem to take offense to it, but I won't go any further than that because you really seem embarrassed about this whole ordeal.
Last edited by Romdeau on Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.