Berserk 306 - Fantasia

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Berserk 306 - Fantasia

Post by LordMune »

Here Be Dragons

[Evil_Genius]Berserk_v34c306.rar

Here Too
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Re: Berserk 306 - Fantasia

Post by Aetherfukz »

Woo, thanks EG, as always it's much appreciated.

Now I know that I can't hop onto Valkyria Chronicles right after work today, because I have to read ze Berserk first :D

Only 1 work hour to go!
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

As always, you guys rock, EG!
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
ddem1
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by ddem1 »

:o Thanks! This chapter's artwork was amazing and the Bosch tribute :shock:
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Direct Download of this chapter is ready:

http://berserk.kicks-ass.net/
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Great art!

....But where's the story? I have no idea where Miura is taking this.......perhaps he doesn't either.

[spoiler].....September 25th WTF!!!! Please tell me its a typo.

In the past I chalked up delays between releases as Miura needing a vacation or time to catch up on the story. But apparently a dozen or so releases a year is what we can expect for Berserk from now on. :?

Can't wait to see Elfhelm! Here's to Casca regaining her sanity......[/spoiler]

Thanks EG as always.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
Facade19
Mastered PM

Post by Facade19 »

Thank you very much EG for another great release!
This is becoming weirder and weirder. However, I am just as much drawn in than I was previously.
:D
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Page 12-13 left me pretty much speechless. Awesome ending to the sentence from the page before, and the imagery is really stunning.

[spoiler]Also, I can't shake of the feeling of another eclipse. Every time before that we saw the god hand combined something very bad was about to happen. And here we have Slan, Conrad and Void (the 2 page brain), and the one with the glasses is probably hidden somewhere in the bosch-esque picture. Maybe Griffith will emerge from the light as some mythological being? Or even worse, all 5 god hand will be transformed into something "awesome" so they can continue to play with people out in the open?[/spoiler]
Wandering_Mystic
n00b Smasher

Post by Wandering_Mystic »

There was actually a blurb in the magazine somewhere with a note from Miura saying something to the effect of:

"I know lately it has looked more like a collection of illustrations, but soon it will return to more of a manga format"

I paraphrased what he said a little bit, but that is the gist of it. Also, he must surely be an immortal, since to what is to him a blink of an eye is another 3 months for us XD. We are but lowly creatures Miura-sensei!
pardigon
imanewbie

Post by pardigon »

Thanks for this release !
Aetherfukz wrote: [spoiler]Also, I can't shake of the feeling of another eclipse. Every time before that we saw the god hand combined something very bad was about to happen. And here we have Slan, Conrad and Void (the 2 page brain), and the one with the glasses is probably hidden somewhere in the bosch-esque picture. Maybe Griffith will emerge from the light as some mythological being? Or even worse, all 5 god hand will be transformed into something "awesome" so they can continue to play with people out in the open?[/spoiler]
[spoiler]The one with the glasses is at the center sitting at the table inside the"half-man"...
this page was a little bit like "ou est charly?" (yes, I'm from France, it may be Where's Wally? or Where's Waldo? depending where you are) but a lot more easier ![/spoiler]
papasith

Post by papasith »

im kind of curious what is going on through skull knights head right now
tim
imanewbie

Post by tim »

"I immediately regret this decision"
uncempt
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by uncempt »

Cheers guys, that was a wild chapter, sweetly scanlated.
tim wrote:im kind of curious what is going on through skull knights head right now
"Oops a daisy, I broke the world"
Omnideus
imanewbie

Post by Omnideus »

Sheer and utter chaos, ain't it magnificent?

Thank you, as always, EG! I am very sad that it will be another 3 months before we get more.
Nakadai
imanewbie

Post by Nakadai »

Thanks Guys!

September huh? :lol:
Infini-Tropolis.com
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

So Skullknight......kind of a massive fuck up there, huh?

Heh, cool to see new fantasy creatures from the Astral world, the hairy big creature with a club i´m not sure since Ogres have already appeared, i spot the obvious (and amazing looking) Dragon, possibly goblins that are coming out of that hole and heading to a town, a headless knight strolling around a town, some lake monster approaching some kids playing, bunch of skeletons rising from a swamp, those kids spotting a sleeping fairy and then there´s those bunch of flying creatures.

I don´t think that this spells doom for mankind just yet as Griffith is only now just completing his dream of becoming a king (As announced by the end message), this will most likely be the advent of his "Larger than life" reign and that everything that Griffith sets his eyes into, it´s bound to be spectacular and supernatural. Griffith will be the king that literally transformed Fairy Tales into existence. The people wanted the world to change. And so their Savior changed the world.

What is more frightening is that the God Hand are also coming out to earth, what will they do know is everyone´s guess.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Thanks EG, you guys rock!
Heh, cool to see new fantasy creatures from the Astral world, the hairy big creature with a club i´m not sure since Ogres have already appeared,
Based on the size, my guess would be a giant.
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Istvan wrote:Thanks EG, you guys rock!
Heh, cool to see new fantasy creatures from the Astral world, the hairy big creature with a club i´m not sure since Ogres have already appeared,
Probably something simple like that yeah.

Forgot to mention those little creatures cleaning the ceiling of a family´s house and the ghosts roaming around.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Deathbringer wrote:
Istvan wrote:Thanks EG, you guys rock!
Probably something simple like that yeah.

Forgot to mention those little creatures cleaning the ceiling of a family´s house and the ghosts roaming around.
The cleaning creatures are probably tomtar (singular tomte) or benevolent kobolds. As for the creatures emerging from the hills, my guess is vättar/vaetter/wichts/wights.

The ghosts, no idea.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
hbi2k

Post by hbi2k »

tim wrote:
"I do not regret this decision, but I both rue and lament it."
Berserk: The Abridged Series: Beating a dead horse with another dead horse.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

OMFG what a mindfuck! I started Berserk believing it was realistic ... that's been totally thrown out the window. Now the whole world will have to survive the shit Guts has gone through. And the Godhand will have so much power now ... looks like all of them are coming to life like Griffith did. Hmm ... wonder what they all look like as humans.
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
hbi2k

Post by hbi2k »

I doubt they'll show up looking pure human like Griffith does. If all these crazy fantastical creatures can exist on the physical plane now, there's no reason why the God Hand couldn't look pretty much like they do on the Astral plane.
Berserk: The Abridged Series: Beating a dead horse with another dead horse.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, they'll probably look the same as they usually do. It is pretty crazy to think that the God Hand can manifest themselves in the normal plane now, like Griffith. This could be very bad for the world, but at least now they'll be more accessible for SK and Gatts, to exact their revenge upon. I'm looking forward to seeing how all this develops, too bad we have to wait two months for the next chapter though. *sigh*
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

i think you mean three, july, august, then september, we're still in june man ... i'll have had the festival done, been to saskatchewan and back, and done two weeks of school by then ... well that's more fun to look forward to anyways, it's in the real world

that was so cool how he did a tribute to that artist. i always feel like his monsters are a tribute to salvador dali in some way, but the bosch was centuries before dali so it's even more amazing ... if only i was that kind of crazy
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
papasith

Post by papasith »

hbi2k wrote:
tim wrote:
"I do not regret this decision, but I both rue and lament it."
I also wonder if skull knight will ever mention this incident to gatts or anyone "sorry i broke the world"
i think it would be funny to see a crying skull knight wanting to go out, get drunk to forget about his failure. lol