So no one's posted anything about E3?

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

Femto
Devourer of Children

So no one's posted anything about E3?

Post by Femto »

I'll rise up to the challenge!

Um...

I guess Bayonetta, the new Layton, Mass Effect 2 and Brutal Legend are definite buys for me.

That new Metroid game looks terrible but then again, Nintendo's line-up was pretty terrible in general.

That PSP Go looks pretty sweet.

Will I buy it?

No.

God, I've been so apathetic towards video games in the past few months.

I got Madworld a while back and I'm pretty sure I liked it but I haven't touched it in weeks.

Sigh.
papasith
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Re: So no one's posted anything about E3?

Post by papasith »

Bioshock 2 looked pretty neat, and assassin's creed in Venice is a bit weird, but something else im looking forward to
KingFate
imanewbie

Post by KingFate »

I personally can't wait for all the awesome looking games to come out this year. In fact I am kinda pissed so many good games are coming out this year, E3 just told me I am going to have to spend a couple hundred more dollars on video games :stupid: I mean at least 3 games I am looking forward to come out in October alone, not to mention games splattered all over the calender.
This message is brought to you buy the Infrequent Posters Union.
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

It's all about the Gamefly, man. That shit makes it so easy to play through games without having to burn so much cash. I'm definitely stoked for Modern Warfare 2, Uncharted 2, and Heavy Rain. I really don't know what to think about Bayonetta, since her clothes and weapons are...hair? Really? That sounds pretty whacked out. I guess the gameplay seems pretty sweet, but the weirdness will probably throw me off every time if I play the game.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Femto wrote:I'll rise up to the challenge!
I got Madworld a while back and I'm pretty sure I liked it but I haven't touched it in weeks.
Sigh.
Would it be worth buying and dusting off the old Wii for it? Or is it only fun for like an hour (what I saw from the review it looks like it).

Concerning E3: What I saw and read about Mass Effect 2 it will be much more shootier and less rpg-ier, so to speak. I don't like that :(
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Aetherfukz wrote:Would it be worth buying and dusting off the old Wii for it? Or is it only fun for like an hour (what I saw from the review it looks like it).
Like I said, I'm probably not the best person to ask.

I had a lot of fun with it when I played it (about two hours) but I haven't played it since and I don't know if it's because of my lack of interest in games in general or just a lack of interest in Madworld itself.

You could always rent it.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Mass Effect 2 is a pre-order game for me.
Crackdown 2 might become something wonderful, if they dont let you get the best weapon on the third boss like in the first game. Anyway 4 Co-op sounds like a lot of fun.

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Mass Effect 2. Woot.

I did not really care for much at E3. Perhaps I am falling out of games that are not shooties or fighters. Oh well.

Brutal Legend looks dope though.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

Natal and the PS3 motion controllers look neat, but they also seem so...gimmicky.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Motion controllers are stupid.

The Wiimote still hasn't proven itself as a true video game input device in my eyes.

Wii Sports was successful in bringing a different way of playing games to the table but all of the Wii games I've played do not require motion controls in the slightest and could be handled perfectly fine, or better, with a regular dual analog setup.

I mean, how dumbed down was Metroid Prime 3 compared to 1 and 2?
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

The E3 video for Alan Wake didn´t bring anything new to the table but damn it if I dont want it!
I really hope it will live up to its hype.

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Femto wrote:Motion controllers are stupid.

The Wiimote still hasn't proven itself as a true video game input device in my eyes.

Wii Sports was successful in bringing a different way of playing games to the table but all of the Wii games I've played do not require motion controls in the slightest and could be handled perfectly fine, or better, with a regular dual analog setup.

Sometimes, the Wii-mote isn't sensitive enough, or the mapping isn't that great. Which is why Red Steel sucked, in my opinion. I haven't played Punch Out yet, but I heard that the actual motion controls pretty much sucked or aren't responsive enough (or in other cases it wrongly detects a particular motion), prompting most people to switch to the analog setup.

I would love to try a sword-fighting game properly with the Wii-mote. The last game I've played using that setup was Zelda; and even then the controls weren't that responsive and waving the Wii-mote like a wand attacked the enemy with combos moreso than doing it as specified.

But yeah, I don't really pay attention to any other games, really. Haven't played much lately. Got an Xbox360 and it's just sitting there. I haven't even played it once.

And another funny thing is that I was watching some kind of sci-fi video game that's on E3 which involved some sort of beam being shot, and one of the comments I saw was 'omg that's not a particle beam! I would know because I've played enough games to know which is particle, ionic, photon beams'.

So yeah.

Heh.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Eldo wrote:Sometimes, the Wii-mote isn't sensitive enough, or the mapping isn't that great. Which is why Red Steel sucked, in my opinion. I haven't played Punch Out yet, but I heard that the actual motion controls pretty much sucked or aren't responsive enough (or in other cases it wrongly detects a particular motion), prompting most people to switch to the analog setup.
Yeah Red Steels controls sucked. The Conduit gets good previews though. And Metroid Prime 3 had a good control scheme too.
I would love to try a sword-fighting game properly with the Wii-mote. The last game I've played using that setup was Zelda; and even then the controls weren't that responsive and waving the Wii-mote like a wand attacked the enemy with combos moreso than doing it as specified.
There's a Bleach fighter (which is supposedly one of the worst games ever) on the Wii, which basically has you slash the wiimote horzontally and vertically for (duh) horizontal and vertical slashes ingame. What this amounts to is basically swinging the wiimote around like a maniac, as you would mash buttons on a (bad) fighting game engine.

There are just things that NEED to be done via a button press. Combos in Fighting games for example, and fast reaction stuff in action games. And wiimote+nunchuk (while a nice novelty at first) just don't have enough buttons, and the buttons they have are horrendously (spelling?) bad placed. Good luck hitting the 1 or 2 buttons on the wiimote while holding it in one hand, within a fraction of a second for some QTE.

The problem with the wiimote is, it just cannot parse exact movement. 1 Day after I got my wii with sports, I found out that in tennis you could just casually flick the wiimote with your wrist, probably moving the remove only a few millimeters, to get the player to swing his tennis....bat (what's the english word for a tennis... schläger? :D). Edit: it's a racket, right? :P

This is why I'm really excited about the PS Motion Controller. a) It tracks exact movement instead of just having accelerometers built in so that the system knows "controller gone up/down/left/right/spun right/spun left", and what was shown in the tech demo, swordfighting and shooters would feel really awesome with such a technology. b) It has buttons on both controllers for stuff that just NEEDS to have buttons pressed (see above).

Project Natal has the exact movement tracking too, but it doesn't have a controller. Meaning if you ever wanted to hit a button you'd have to wave your hand over a screenbutton like with the EyeToy garbage. The PS Motion Controller has the movement tracking (even enhanced) and still has buttons to press.
Dominion
This is my new home

Post by Dominion »

looks like life is getting to you guys...
there should be a video game about bills and about paying bills and about getting new bills and about debt and about paying debt and about getting new debt...
i would call that game L.I.F.I.: Lest I Forget Inevitability

the last new game I played was burnout paradise... the novelty of replaying the same races and stunts over and over wore off months ago and i find myself returning to the older classics that have retained a niche within my memory

i recently downloaded Descent: Freespace but i also havent played in a while since i got it... i thought this was the golden age of video gaming but it isnt since developers seem to focus on graphics more that storyline is... case in point i found the Sam and Max games to be QUITE entertaining

i guess what im trying to say is that the potential for cultural-progress through the use of video games is being squandered as they offer (even if the presented choices are currently base at best) the ability to choose your own path... case in point Fallout 3, i chose to use my perk points on character stat increases rather than gimmicky tricks

on an un(related) note, I listened to Brave New World on audio book... conditioned well indeed...
"Happiness is an inside job"
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Eldo wrote:
Femto wrote:Motion controllers are stupid.

Sometimes, the Wii-mote isn't sensitive enough, or the mapping isn't that great. Which is why Red Steel sucked, in my opinion. I haven't played Punch Out yet, but I heard that the actual motion controls pretty much sucked or aren't responsive enough (or in other cases it wrongly detects a particular motion), prompting most people to switch to the analog setup.

But yeah, I don't really pay attention to any other games, really. Haven't played much lately. Got an Xbox360 and it's just sitting there. I haven't even played it once.

And another funny thing is that I was watching some kind of sci-fi video game that's on E3 which involved some sort of beam being shot, and one of the comments I saw was 'omg that's not a particle beam! I would know because I've played enough games to know which is particle, ionic, photon beams'.

So yeah.

Heh.

Isn't Wii coming out with a new add-on to improve upon its motion detection? I believe the new Tiger Woods Golf will be the first game that utilizes it.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

I am so excited about FFXIII and Metal Gear: Rising. I always liked Raiden, personally, which is funny because I usually don't like the emo girly boy characters, but for some reason I find him more interesting than Snake, even though the latter is cooler.

And yes, I hate the wii, it is boring, my brother has one and I do not care for it.
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, the Wii totally sucks IMO. I wanted to like it, but I couldn't. The motion detection is a big problem for me. Like Eldo said, it's not like you can simulate any kind of real sword play with it, or anything else for that matter. I'd rather just play the damn system with the analog controller. I don't care too much for motion controls anyway, I like to press buttons and shit, you know?

Also Raiden may be a pretty boy, but he never acted girly. I hate it when people say that, but oh well. Also what is this Metal Gear: Rising you speak of? I must go Google it!

*edit*

Hell yeah! I figured Raiden would take over as the new main character if they did another game.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

The Prince wrote:Isn't Wii coming out with a new add-on to improve upon its motion detection? I believe the new Tiger Woods Golf will be the first game that utilizes it.
I heard something a while ago about an add-on that's coming out with a new Wii Sports-like game.

Although, I wonder how many add-ons are needed down the track to get the motion sensor right. Not dissing Nintendo here, but I really don't need more add-ons for a product that should have done the job when it first came out. But whatever, I'm a sucker for sword-fighting games, so if Nintendo says that I could play them with the add-on, I'll probably buy it. Sigh.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well let me know if they come out with a good one, because I'd be interested in that as well. Like you I was looking forward to playing Red Steel, but was then disappointed by it.