Berserk Stupid theories

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

is this thread useful?

Yes
51%
No
15%
You should die Dark for reviving this shit
34%

Total votes: 248

turkey
Found the Edit button

Re: Berserk Stupid theories

Post by turkey »

I wonder if the Elf King can regenerate Guts' arm and eye. I think Guts would appreciate that. Maybe even make him younger.

I don't think Gut's will be off fighting anytime soon, though. He needs a vacation. Badly.

He's probably hoping the Elf King will cure Caska(which he probably will), so he can just live out the rest of his life in peace. That is to say, unless he turns out like Zodd or the Skull Knight, then he can indulge in his blood lust for alot longer.

Does anyone think this could be the end of the rode for him, unless something big happens to him?

The guy is missing an arm, an eye, been electrocuted, stabbed, bones broken God knows how many times. Gee, I hope the Elf King can fix him. I wouldn't blame him if he decided to retire from the revenge business, would you?
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

you can't retire from the revenge business, plus he might get reqruited by the wizards on skellig to destroy grifffith and save the world and all that, you never know. and if hanafabuku can't cure casca then she's gonna stay on the island. when the elves heal i believe they are bringing forth the body's natural healing powers to heal faster. casca's true self is deep within her psyche and should be able to be brought out by the elf king. going by this theory he should be able to cure gut's eye because as far as we know its still there, but his arm is gone for good. and i agree, guts needs a rest, lucky the boat trip is giving that to him, off and on ... stupid pirates, not so cool in the berserk world.
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

I don't think that Guts will get anything regenerated though. It's like what he said in that one chapter where he tried to save Caska with his fake arm when she jumped off the boat...nothing will ever be like it was. I do think Caska will get her mind restored, but like what the old witch lady said, she may not want to go with Guts.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

dialdfordesi wrote:I don't think that Guts will get anything regenerated though. It's like what he said in that one chapter where he tried to save Caska with his fake arm when she jumped off the boat...nothing will ever be like it was.
Exactly. For Guts to regain his arm and eye would be a total cop-out, and I have faith Miura won't do anything of the sort. Also, turkey I think you're seriously underestimating Guts; sure, I wouldn't blame someone for wanting to retire after everything he's been through, but he wouldn't be Guts if he acted/thought that way. I don't think there's any way that Guts is stopping until he's dealt with Griffith.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

From how involved the other leading ladies have been in the recent story I really believe there's a huge chance that Guts will end up with Farnese. I know she follows him like how Casca followed Griffith, but I just have a sense of something like that happening. When Casca 'wakes up' she'll probably have remembered everything she encountered while she was out of it, including Guts trying to kill her baby, locking her up, tying her to a leash, and biting her that one time. Plus all the good stuff too.
turkey
Found the Edit button

Post by turkey »

Guts loves Caska, but he has lived all of his life killing hundreds of people. I think deep down, he truly loves it, just like Zodd. He belongs on a battlefield, not in peace and seclusion with Caska. He loves war, it's all he knows. Nothing will change that. He will abandon Caska in time. But then again, despite all that's happened, he still stays by her side. Caska, too, knew he didnt belong with her or with the Band of the Hawk. That's why he left. The man marches to his own tune. He really is rather like Zodd, I think.

Perhaps, it wasn't revenge that drove Guts on his path that ended the lives of many Apostles. Maybe, this isn't a quest for revenge, but of kill joy, which is very interesting. To him, revenge is just justification, for what he has wanted to do all along - end lives.

I still believe he is somewhat good at heart, but he isn't in this for the happy ending.

If you don't agree with me then ask yourself this; if Guts defeated Griffith, then what? You think he will just put down his sword. The only thing that will hold him back is his age and the injuries he has accumulated, or death. Even the loss of function in his lower left arm has no stopped him from indulging in his favorite past time. He lives for t he thrill of victory in combat, the satisfaction of slaughtered foes
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

That's one way to look at it, but a better way is to note that Guts is always reacting to a situation. When he realized his love for Casca when he was younger he didn't really have a grasp of what being with a woman meant, just that he wanted to lay with her for as many nights for as long as he could.

What I'm getting at is that Casca is the only person that Guts follows, everyone else follows Guts. Even though she's lost her mind he still follows her interests and he was completely lost when she wasn't there to guide him.

The same thing with Griffith, Guts was a lost soul, just fighting for his survival without a point, until Griffith gave him one in the Band of the Hawk. Sure, he was different from all of the other guys, but he still had that purely adholescent want for someone to show him his path. That part of him has grown up very little since the days of the band, and most of Guts' motivation is spurred on by revenge. He is still reacting to and being led by Griffith.

But you're right about one thing: what will he do when Griffith and the godhand are irradicated? Go on a demon and ghost purge throughout the whole world? Live with either Casca (if she'll have him) or Farnese or Shierke or everyone as a family? The problem with Casca was that she was his first love, and while that's all find and dandy, the first love doesn't tend to be the one that lasts because when you're that young you don't really know yourself yet.

That's why I think Farnese would have a better chance with Guts, because not only is she learning to deal with the demon situation in her own way, she is kind and tries to understand the situation from many different points of view (now in the story of course) Even if Shierke were the right age she isn't the right one for Guts because she's too much of a sister figure at this point. I predict that Farnese will do something to surprise everyone, Casca won't take Guts back, and Roderick will decide to stay to see how things play out. And even if they are just kids, I'd rather see Isidro with Shierke.
Facade19
Mastered PM

Post by Facade19 »

So is Gutts actually then following Griffith's dream? Or is this act of revenge, the infamous declaration of war on the Godhand and the apostles his own desire?
That is the question I keep pondering on.
turkey
Found the Edit button

Post by turkey »

Facade19 wrote:So is Gutts actually then following Griffith's dream? Or is this act of revenge, the infamous declaration of war on the Godhand and the apostles his own desire?
That is the question I keep pondering on.
It would be wrong to assume Griffith hasn't accounted for Guts, as the Skull Knight has plans for him. So, it's likely Griffith is aware of whatever it is that Guts is to become.

I don't think Griffith wants either Guts or Caska to die and my bet is that Griffith is in fact manipulating the entire situation, including what is happening with Guts right now. Guts likely play some major part in the dream of Griffith or the plans of the God-hand, but what that is may take a while to present itself.

I would have to say that it might be revealed sometime in Elfhelm.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Or possibly the God's Hand are being completely honest when they say that, as he is now, Guts is totally insignificant to them. His life, or death, isn't something they bother worrying about. We'll have to see.
KingFate
imanewbie

Post by KingFate »

This latest chapter gave me a stupid theory. Mirua has finally decided to show the first mass scale male rape, the harpies will swoop down from the sky ravaging all males in their path. The creatures in Berserk have an unquenchable thirst for having sex, so why should the harpies be any different?

Edited typo
Last edited by KingFate on Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This message is brought to you buy the Infrequent Posters Union.
tsubaimomo
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by tsubaimomo »

Some of the more recent posts have been a little too serious... let's get this thread back on topic!

[stupid theory]
Now, we all saw the wave of the astral world expand across the globe, and now, who knows what could happen. Well, Miura's vision seems quite clear from this recent chapter:

[spoiler]Image + Image =[/spoiler][spoiler]Image

Skull Knight escapes! To where? The Moon! Now, he lies in wait for another chance to strike! However, it seems as though the horse did not go unscathed...

So, what does this mean to the story of Berserk? Well, if only the Earth is affected by this, then the people on the Moon will not be in a merged world, and thus out of reach of the God Hand. What people on the Moon you may ask? Why, it's Skull Knight's family, of course. What do you think he has been doing all these years. I'll tell you: building up a race of Moon people that will become a super army which can attack Griffith. Now, I actually wouldn't put it past Griffith to find a way up to the Moon, so you can expect SK to act quickly, maybe in the next chapter or two I suppose.[/spoiler][/stupid theory]

edit:
KingFate wrote:This latest chapter gave me a stupid theory. Mirua has finally decided to show the first mass scale mass male rape, the harpies will swoop down from the sky ravaging all males in their path. The creatures in Berserk have an unquenchable thirst for having sex, so why should the harpies be any different?
good job
papasith

Post by papasith »

So here is one thought. It is constantly said that gutts exists outside of fate.

although skull knight opposes the godhand is it reasonable to assume he still exists in fate (i feel this explains the results of his attack on femto)

so is the blade of skull knight, and the existence of gutts (being outside fate) have to be instrumental in any of the godhand's die, or at the very least is the only person capable of putting a kink on their plans gutts?

also if this merged the worlds and what not do this mean people with the brand are no different from normal people?
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

also if this merged the worlds and what not do this mean people with the brand are no different from normal people?
No. If nothing else, the brand will still function as a giant "Eat Me!" sign to all evil creatures. As for if the implied influence of being always partially in the astral world will have an influence on other people, or the brand will have some further effect beyond what others go through, we'll have to wait and see.
This latest chapter gave me a stupid theory. Mirua has finally decided to show the first mass scale male rape, the harpies will swoop down from the sky ravaging all males in their path. The creatures in Berserk have an unquenchable thirst for having sex, so why should the harpies be any different?
Don't be a fool. A bunch of male monsters are sure to show up to rape the harpies, that's all. We have no need for male rape here.
papasith

Post by papasith »

Istvan wrote:
No. If nothing else, the brand will still function as a giant "Eat Me!" sign to all evil creatures. As for if the implied influence of being always partially in the astral world will have an influence on other people, or the brand will have some further effect beyond what others go through, we'll have to wait and see.
So are you suggesting instead of the brand allowing gutts to exist on the astral plane, with the merger he may exist closer to one of the higher planes or the planes of god's hand or the idea of evil? now that,s some food for thought. I guess it is hard to say though until we know fully what femto did.
Facade19
Mastered PM

Post by Facade19 »

You know there might be something to what has been stated, that Griffith is leading Gutts to somewhere.

Anyway, do godhand members get replaced? Cause every 216 years a new member is born, so that makes me wonder whether the existent godhand members get replaced, or reincarnated?
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

tsubaimomo wrote:Some of the more recent posts have been a little too serious... let's get this thread back on topic!

[stupid theory]
Now, we all saw the wave of the astral world expand across the globe, and now, who knows what could happen. Well, Miura's vision seems quite clear from this recent chapter:

[spoiler]Image + Image =[/spoiler][spoiler]Image

Skull Knight escapes! To where? The Moon! Now, he lies in wait for another chance to strike! However, it seems as though the horse did not go unscathed...

So, what does this mean to the story of Berserk? Well, if only the Earth is affected by this, then the people on the Moon will not be in a merged world, and thus out of reach of the God Hand. What people on the Moon you may ask? Why, it's Skull Knight's family, of course. What do you think he has been doing all these years. I'll tell you: building up a race of Moon people that will become a super army which can attack Griffith. Now, I actually wouldn't put it past Griffith to find a way up to the Moon, so you can expect SK to act quickly, maybe in the next chapter or two I suppose.[/spoiler][/stupid theory]
Nice one bro.
Facade19 wrote:Anyway, do godhand members get replaced? Cause every 216 years a new member is born, so that makes me wonder whether the existent godhand members get replaced, or reincarnated?
If we go with the theory that Void ascended around SK's time, then there would have been 4 more occasions before Griffith's. But then that would have made 5 before him, when there were just 4. So it's possible that an eclipse is skipped sometimes, or maybe SK did something, though that's doubtful.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

hmm, that's a good point, and I've been pondering it myself. these same beings have been not been godhand members all along, but has there even been a godhand since the 'beginning'? if they were created by people, then how long have they existed? but if they existed separate of the existence of humanity and its thoughts then where did they come from? were they part of the whole creation process? Berserk is good about explaining its world's religion and spiritualism and all that, but I haven't seen any creation stories. For all we know it's cyclical, which is a very annoying way imo at looking at creation, but there you go.
eldur
notanewb

Post by eldur »

I want to talk about the fact that Femto predicted that SK would attack him and he used it to create the new world. Was it because Femto and God Hand control everything and everyone included SK and Gutts?
I think no (otherwise the story cant end with Griffith dying), and maybe the problem was the Sword of Ressonance. Why? Because its made of Beherits, and they are a part of God's will, so the sword cant be used to change destiny, because its a part (a very part) of it.

P.D: The Astral World (C) did not merged into the Real One (C) until the five members of GH were at work. I think these are the First And Only Five Members of the God Hand, because the contract of employment has no end. About the holiday conditions (the 2 hundred or so years between free time on earth), maybe they cant ignore them even now....
papasith

Post by papasith »

My current theory was femto knew skull knight would attack because like every being (gutts excluded) they exist within fate. if someone exists within fate then god's hand (being practically gods) theoretically could never be surprised. Now gutts is an outside factor in this. If because of him events happen it would come as a surprise to gods hand (i need to read over it again but in the beginning when we had injured the big slug demon and he use his behilit again the god's hand where surprised to see gutts there) (man i'm horrible with names ><)
this might be why slaan is so interested in gutts, i mean he is the only person who can change events around himself in a unpredictable way.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

I personally want to see where Theresa went, she said she was going to get strong and take revenge on Guts (first three books). And where the hell did Rickert and Godo's daughter go? I mean cmon, he's been good about keeping tabs on other characters, but these three are too interesting to pass up imo.
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

papasith wrote:My current theory was femto knew skull knight would attack because like every being (gutts excluded) they exist within fate. if someone exists within fate then god's hand (being practically gods) theoretically could never be surprised. Now gutts is an outside factor in this. If because of him events happen it would come as a surprise to gods hand (i need to read over it again but in the beginning when we had injured the big slug demon and he use his behilit again the god's hand where surprised to see gutts there) (man i'm horrible with names ><)
this might be why slaan is so interested in gutts, i mean he is the only person who can change events around himself in a unpredictable way.
Slaan is interested in Gutts because of how intense he is. She has already stated (implicitly in the nexus (where apostles are appointed) and explicitly in the Qliphoth) that she has been fascinated by the strentgh of his anger, hatred and fear ever since she met him.
Since she's basically a horny bitch that just happens to be a demi-god, its undestandable that she would express that interest in the form of very agressive sexual harrassement (Seriously, she used the DS as a fucking dildo, thats as hardcore as you can get).
Now, given the fact that it was that intensity in everything he does that has kept Gutts alive, and that by staying alive (more precisely, surviving the eclipse) he has managed to get outside of the flow of causality the God-hand controls (thus becoming a loose variable), you could say that she's fixated with him indirectly because of his "unpredictability".

Personally, I like to think of it like this:

Remember when you were kid, and you loved spending your time torturing small animals, like all healthy children do? (......they do, right?)
Remember how, when burning ants with a magnifying glass, there was always one that, no matter how much you chased it with the "hot-spot" created by the concentration of solar energy, always managed to get away?
And most important of all, remeber how, after the initial frustration, you began to feel a little affection for the tough little bastard?
Thats the way Slaan sees Gutts. Except she's no little kid. And she's definitely not innocent.

Stupid theory: Skellig is Japan.
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

eldur wrote:I want to talk about the fact that Femto predicted that SK would attack him and he used it to create the new world. Was it because Femto and God Hand control everything and everyone included SK and Gutts?
I think no (otherwise the story cant end with Griffith dying), and maybe the problem was the Sword of Ressonance. Why? Because its made of Beherits, and they are a part of God's will, so the sword cant be used to change destiny, because its a part (a very part) of it.
You might be overthinking this. What strikes me is that first, it's never been stated that SK is outside of fate; just because Guts is doesn't mean he has to be. Second (and probably more to the point) Griffith probably didn't need any special powers/fate prediction to figure out what SK would do. Even during the Golden Age we saw him demonstrate an incredible ability to predict people/enemies, and factor their actions into his plans. I don't see any reason he'd have lost that ability, and it's not as if SK was all that unpredictable. Seriously, was anyone really all that surprised/shocked when he showed up to attack Griffith?
Or maybe Skellig is in the Bermuda triangle, which explains why ships keep getting lost there. It's what happens when a ship crashes into Skellig, since of course they can't see it until they run into it.
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

Istvan wrote:
Or maybe Skellig is in the Bermuda triangle, which explains why ships keep getting lost there. It's what happens when a ship crashes into Skellig, since of course they can't see it until they run into it.
That would be hilarious.
Sadly, thats not the way reality layers work. If it was, then people would stumble with (invisible) trolls and whatnot every time they took a stroll through the forest.
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

papasith wrote:My current theory was femto knew skull knight would attack because like every being (gutts excluded) they exist within fate. if someone exists within fate then god's hand (being practically gods) theoretically could never be surprised. Now gutts is an outside factor in this. If because of him events happen it would come as a surprise to gods hand (i need to read over it again but in the beginning when we had injured the big slug demon and he use his behilit again the god's hand where surprised to see gutts there) (man i'm horrible with names ><)
Not to side track this thread from it's stupidity(?)/hilarity, my theory is that Femto anticipated that Skull Knight would appear. If you think about it, Skull Knight has been at every 'major' event. For example, Slan's manifestation in the form of troll's intestines, and now Femto's 'true' form and also the Emperor's new 'clothes', if you will (excuse the extremely lame pun). So being the tactician that Femto is, he could have anticipated that Skull Knight would show up to cut him down (as he tried with Void before) so he used it to his advantage.

What I'm interested in is what Femto has to gain from this. So by engulfing the world in light to bring the fantasy creatures into existence...what's his angle here?

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am