Berserk 303 - Backlight

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

arke
Beware my tactical spam

Berserk 303 - Backlight

Post by arke »

Aeriel
Mastered PM

Re: Berserk 303 - Backlight

Post by Aeriel »

Thanks EG!!
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Direct download of this chapter is now available on the EG Vault:

http://berserk.kicks-ass.net/

Order the chapters by name and go to the last page to find the latest chapter.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
BigSassy
Mastered PM

Post by BigSassy »

Wow, what a chapter! I was LOVING the art style for Ganishka's back story.
malice
imanewbie

Post by malice »

Wow, that must be one of my favorite chapters in the last 3 years or so (mostly because of the double pages near the end :p). Thank you, everyone at EG, for bringing it to us!

I found the artwork for Ganishka's story interesting. I wonder why Miura changed it up like that.
Triko
imanewbie

Post by Triko »

Man, was not expecting Skull Knight to show up like that, I thought he would be accompaning Gutts to visit the Elf Island. Page 18-19 is now my new desktop!

Though with the Sword of Actuation, Skull Knight can probably travel anywhere in the world in an instant.
Last edited by Triko on Tue May 12, 2009 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BigSassy
Mastered PM

Post by BigSassy »

I wonder if Rakshas will make a move in the next chapter. I didn't see him hanging off Zodd's wing in this chapter anymore. I wonder where he's at now?
erikost
imanewbie

Post by erikost »

Ah what a cliffhanger.... Can't wait for the next chapter!!1. Thx EG ^^
Shiva
Mastered PM

Post by Shiva »

Great thanks for the awesome release^^

Don't You think that person which Ganshika sacrifice was insignificant for him? I doubt he love his son. He neglect him and was feared of his presence.
Or that's just me?
erikost
imanewbie

Post by erikost »

Thats just you.

What do you guys think will happen? Surely griffith can't be killed yet..? That would be bad. I'm betting that he'll be sent back to that weird place where we saw him for the first time, in the black swordsman arc, remember?

And SK seems to have a way of knowing what will happen in the future, so he probably won't die either. Unless he went emo and decided to sacrifice himself?

(I apologize for any bad english)
Omnideus
imanewbie

Post by Omnideus »

As always, thanks EG! Now to go read the thing and be amazed...
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Thanks EG! I'm downloading it now, and I can't wait to see what new surprises Miura has in store for us.
Frogacuda
imanewbie

Post by Frogacuda »

erikost wrote:Thats just you.

What do you guys think will happen? Surely griffith can't be killed yet..? That would be bad. I'm betting that he'll be sent back to that weird place where we saw him for the first time, in the black swordsman arc, remember?

And SK seems to have a way of knowing what will happen in the future, so he probably won't die either. Unless he went emo and decided to sacrifice himself?

(I apologize for any bad english)
I think Skully and Griffith are both going to take down Ganishka before squaring off against each other (but ending in a stalemate as always).
Starlore
This is my new home

Post by Starlore »

...Had to battle a shitstorm of Comcast failings to get it, but it was oh so worth the struggle. Thanks EG, you're still the best :thumbsup:
"Your father sucks the flaking cocks of lepers in the lowest circle of HELL!!!"

..."Does he swallow?" ~Hellblazer

"Imagination is intelligence with an erection"~Victor Hugo

"Life is a disease...Sexually transmitted & fatal"~Neil Gaiman
newbified
n00b Smasher

Post by newbified »

Now there's a face you don't see that often...
Steeples scrape the sky, Praising God.
Everything here exists for God, is sacrificed to God.
For those who have nothing to sacrifice,
It can be a very heartless city indeed.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Fuck yes thanks for the berserk boys :twisted:

...check out the coloring I made in the art thread. :cool:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

WOW! This chapter was....perfect. The changing art-style, the narration, the detail and TEH TWIST!!!11!
If there is a god, he writes and draws like Miura. Or tries to.

About Ganishka's son:
He obviously expected him to inherit everything he had accomplished, so his son was probably very important to him. Not sacrificing him would be tantamount to accepting the fact that his dream was something greater than himself. Apparently, he decided that his dream either lived with him, or died with him.
So, he sacrificed the one person other than himself that could have been a receptacle for his dream of uniting the world under one banner, his son.

An alternative interpretation is that he saw his son as a living reminder of his own humanity, a mirror of himself, of his weaknesses as a human, and decided to let that go.
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I'm not sure if a guy like Ganishka is possible of a complex emotion such as this, but as a father I can imagine how it would be possible to still love your child, even if they tried to kill you. I wondered about the significance of the sacrifice myself, because you would think it wouldn't be legitimate, but apparently he was. I wonder if he also sacrificed the betraying retainers as well, just for good measure, but it didn't show them being attacked, so probably not, but maybe.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Wow, that was a fast one! Thanks again, EG.

I know what I will be doing ASAP after work today. :D
eldur
notanewb

Post by eldur »

Nice work EG guys,

If Miura had take a rest till 304 we would be all crazy right now. We're lucky to know soon whats going to happen in the next chapter.
Will Griffith die? Of course not, untill Gatts kill him (or so we want it). Will SK die? Probably not. Will Zodd die? Mmm if SK doesnt do it then Gatts will. Will Ganishka die? Sure he will, and remember that the strange assassin apostle is right there to see it or do it himself).

9 days!!!!!!
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

The twist in the end...

Anybody why Skull Knight appeared just as Griffith was about to 'envelop' Ganshika in 'light'? I mean, Skull Knight could have came at any time he wanted but he chose it at that precise moment, thus sparing Ganshika. Does Skull Knight want Ganshika alive? As an ally, perhaps? I don't know, the timing seemed a bit weird to me to not have an agenda.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Shiva
Mastered PM

Post by Shiva »

Following that clue, maybe transformation in Femto matters?
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Great point. That could be it. But what's the point of fighting Griffith/Femto at his true form?

Or it could be that the sword works when a God Hand member is around. He used it last time Slann was around (albeit, not in the technical sense, since she choose her form in intestines).

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Shiva
Mastered PM

Post by Shiva »

I don't know, ask Miura^^ Femto's manifestation may be more vulnerable since it is true form and it appers that they are in other dimension? So if he would slain him in material body his spirit could survive in the abyss? Oh well i hope you understand my twisted sentences^^
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

As another possibility, we don't know how SK arrived at that moment, but it seemed as if he used his sword to cut through space and arive instantly. If that's the case, he might have needed Femto to be in his true form as a target (or magnet). Depending on how such a teleportation works, arriving exactly where one intended might be...tricky. I could see the presence of a God's Hand (in their true form) helping in that regard.

Or maybe he just wanted to wait for the most dramatic moment. Who knows?