Gatts defeating Griffith?

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

*Shakes his head* Why don't you know what you're talking about before you try to lecture us. Being new doesn't have anything to do with being a noob. That just makes you a newbie, which isn't a bad thing. A noob is someone who is new and stupid. Got it?
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Took the words right outta my mouth. :lol:

Really, there is no need for us to call people noob unless THEY BEHAVE LIKE ONE. So far, people like Greensquid and DarkenRahlX have actually escaped that fate by displaying some intelligience that apparently some noobs are lacking. This is not name calling; it's a category where newbies are placed in. They are newbies if they'll inexperienced. They are noobs if they'll inexperienced and as an added bonus, they possess some 'special' qualities of stupidity and annoyance. The 'newbies' smell usually wear off after around 25-50 posts or less. For noobs, it's usually 50-80+. We refer to people that are grown out of the newbie stage but still possesses some noobish attributes as 'idiots'.
"Just because I was young and just because I had no experience....they didn't listen to me. Why did they work for me?"
Yeah, that's a nice quote...and that's all I'll comment on.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
|||||||
Mastered PM

Post by ||||||| »

I agree with not having too many threads and therefore it's a good thing not to open a new one just like that. :-)

I just said that the high and mighty shouldn't be annoyed over such trivial matters and therefore shouldn't call new and perhaps not too bright people like that. Just lock the threads and people will understand.
Since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved.

Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince
Gatzz
Mastered PM

Post by Gatzz »

To keep a thread for "noob" questions etc. is indeed not a bad idea.
But then the Thread name should be different...

Starnum will think of something I guess ;)
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Starnum wrote:You know, I’ve finally decided to say it… No one cares if you don’t like the word “Noob” Buzkashi. We don’t like noobs. It’s supposed to bare negative connotation. That’s the fucking point, so drop it already.
Go Starnum!

And there is a thread about n00b questions already, it's called "Berserk FAQ: Read First, Then Ask Questions"...
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

Buzkashi wrote:However i think you should wait to be better known to make a thread.
everyone is free to start threads here anytime. if the noob makes a dumb thread, the noob makes a dumb thread. thas why theres people like us here to lock those threads and when theyre locked, the noob will understand that it was locked cuz he is a dumbass and he'll go and cry in a corner for two hours. anyone can make a thread noob or non-noob, because theres plenty of moderators waiting here who love to stamp "YOU'RE A DUMBASS" on their foreheads
kjutte
imanewbie

Post by kjutte »

Femto wrote:
dos.azn wrote:jus say the words anyone and lock lock lock
Lock. I don't find anything of interest in this thread, just a bunch of stuff that has been talked about a million times.
I bet it has. But I, evidently haven't seen any. Nor could I figure out how to search. And yeah, I check the FAQ.

So, Femto - I'm sorry if my thread bored/annoyed you. But hey, on the bright side - personally I feel slightly enlightened, so at least some good came out of it.

I started this thread to learn about my favorite manga, not to annoy you.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

What is there to learn? The topic can only induce pure speculation.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

BBOORRRINNNGG!!!

Oh, I'm not annoyed. Just reading about history repeating itself over and over again. :wink: Don't worry about it too much.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
kjutte
imanewbie

Post by kjutte »

Starnum wrote:What is there to learn? The topic can only induce pure speculation.
"learn", perhaps weren't the best expression to use, no. I agree.
Though, I still think it's interesting hearing others' opinions.

Please lock this thread now. It's getting annoying getting arrogant replies.
kjutte
imanewbie

Post by kjutte »

Hello, edit button! Don't double post please.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well, since you asked so nicely.