Berserk 302 - Soar

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Starnum
Elven King

Re: Berserk 302 - Soar

Post by Starnum »

Rolos wrote:Relax man, in EG members are judged by the quality of their posts, not how much, or how often, they post.
That, among many other thing, is, in my opinion, what makes this community so awesome.
Definitely! There's a big difference to us between a newbie and a n00b around here. We only flame people who are stupid or make stupid mistakes. If you mess up and apologize, we'll forgive you. The real n00bs ask for the flamage when they're clearly in the wrong and STILL argue about it and make an ass of them self. That's what a n00b really is. No one is perfect, we all make mistakes. Sometimes you just have to admit you're wrong and take your lumps. That's one of the things I've learned in my five years of posting on this board.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Indeed. As long as you make good/intelligent points, bhaal, nobody will flame you. I might disagree with you at some point, but not flame you.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Istvan wrote:Indeed. As long as you make good/intelligent points, bhaal, nobody will flame you. I might disagree with you at some point, but not flame you.
I disagree, you just like flaming and proving that your opinion is right without letting anyone else have a say or opinion and let theirs be heard.
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

The Herald wrote:
Istvan wrote:Indeed. As long as you make good/intelligent points, bhaal, nobody will flame you. I might disagree with you at some point, but not flame you.
I disagree, you just like flaming and proving that your opinion is right without letting anyone else have a say or opinion and let theirs be heard.
I'm sorry you feel that way. Although I tell people if I disagree/think their wrong about something, and tell them why I think that, I've tried to make sure that I don't imply that they don't have a right to their opinion, or that there isn't room for honest disagreement. If you revceived a different impression of me, then I apologize. But I think part of the purpose of this forum is to have honest debate about Berserk, and (meaning no disrespect) your opinions on the nature of good/evil in Berserk never made much sense to me. I tried to explain why that was, and if that came across as overly confrontational, than again I apologize.
hbi2k
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by hbi2k »

bhaal wrote:Good point, but:

[images]

Soo, at the same time he is the sacrifice for the new world birth.

'Course, LOTS of human beings died during that whole faux-Eclipse dealie, so I'd call it a little from Column A, a little from Column B.
Berserk: The Abridged Series: Beating a dead horse with another dead horse.
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

Istvan wrote:
The Herald wrote:
I'm sorry you feel that way. Although I tell people if I disagree/think their wrong about something, and tell them why I think that, I've tried to make sure that I don't imply that they don't have a right to their opinion, or that there isn't room for honest disagreement. If you revceived a different impression of me, then I apologize. But I think part of the purpose of this forum is to have honest debate about Berserk, and (meaning no disrespect) your opinions on the nature of good/evil in Berserk never made much sense to me. I tried to explain why that was, and if that came across as overly confrontational, than again I apologize.

Herald, dude, relax.
I know Itvan has a certain tendency to describe anyone else's opinion very contemptuously in his posts, but that's just the way he writes. In a certain way, its fun to see the logical acrobatics he has to go through in order to make whatever you state look dumb. I personally enjoy it. You should do the same.
Your opinion is as valid as anyone else's, the fact that Istvan ridiculed it means nothing, he could do that with anything anyone says.
Its called sophism, and I am pretty sure you know what that is. You know your stuff, a certain dildo reference in "Of the Wall" proves it.

Now, in a totally unrelated note, here with some of my pals we were theorizing about berserk and some of them concluded Gutts represents the "second hand of god", in other words, the second God-Hand, the one that represents the uncertainty, unpredictability of the human collective mind. The retarded cousin of Idea, if you prefer. Its not even a being, its nature is too chaotic to coalesce into a single entity. In other words, its exactly as you said Herald, its just that the roles are inversed in this theory.

PD: Yes, I AM patronizing you, Herald. I love to do that. I do it to everyone around me. I personally think I am the most arrogant being to have ever set its foot upon this earth. And I am fucking proud of that. I don't even think of it as something bad anymore. My ego is too great to be judged, even by myself. (if you think thats a contradiction, keep in mind that my overly egocentric nature makes everything I say an undeniable truth, no matter how nonsensical it is from an objective point of view).

PD2: Double posting fucks da World!
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

The Herald doesn't know how to make jokes, they always seem like real reactions and are unfunny because of it.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Istvan wrote:
The Herald wrote:
Oh, don't worry about The Herald, Istvan. I think he's just bitter because you shot down his theory. Nah though, he's probably really just fucking with you. I tend to agree with you a lot anyway, but I don't think you're really as bad as all that.
War Machine wrote:The Herald doesn't know how to make jokes, they always seem like real reactions and are unfunny because of it.
Heh, right. I thought it might be something to that effect as well.