Kekkaishi

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Kekkaishi

Post by Artezul »

Two families of barrier creators defend a plot of land from demons who seek to use it to evolve their power.
"Don't you get it yet?! If she's beautiful, you'll die instantly!!" Chopper
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Re: Kekkaishi

Post by DrPepperPro »

Sounds terrible.
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

The synopsis was pretty bland, I'll give you that.

Two things got me interested in the manga: the simple complexity of barriers, and a sense of helplessness (can't think of an appropriate word) being in the barrier families' position.

Barriers being simple, keeping stuff out in and in out. Their's also the aspect of differentiating between what you want to keep in, and what you want to keep out.

The world the protagonists reside in is influenced and regulated by demons (or spirits depending on how you look at them.) Though they do outwardly vie for balance and stability, unsurprisingly they harbor personal agendas. Some of the demons do believe that the humans (the protagonists) are unfit to defend the land from outer-influences. Some of the demons look at them as an oddity that managed to attain a small bit of influence. Some of the demons simply hate the fact that they are human.

Basically their isn't a omniscient benevolence floating about somewhere, their are only a lot of self-serving interests. Even the plot of land has it's own agenda.
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

Now that sounds better. I will look at it.
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

:headbang:
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

great manga I've been reading it for a couple of years now. Its nice to see that they have gotten somewhat current with the raws -> scanlations. The plot is picking up a bit. In the middle it gets a bit bogged down then it seems to start to repeat itself at points. For the most part it keeps things flowing.
"Context is for Kings"
Dominion
This is my new home

Post by Dominion »

heres a better description:

japan does not want foreigners in their country so they screen them before they allow them in.
"Happiness is an inside job"