A More Usefull Discussion About BioMega

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

vorazechul
imanewbie

A More Usefull Discussion About BioMega

Post by vorazechul »

Hi everyone from Evil_Genius,

I've been constantly visiting your Site and checking the Mangaupdates status of BioMega to see that the next release is form you.
But it seems that you really have no time for that series.
It's a given that the manga got a bit low on attention from the Mangaka himself with the graffics not as detailed or striking as they were in the beginning, but I still love it and it still has the Mood (reminds me of the 4th season of Battlestar Galactica and how it ended with a Boom compared to the previous episodes).
I still remember how detailed your Scanlation of the Chapters was so I'm still hoping you can get it up and running for the grand Finale.
I hear thats coming somewhat soon. Can anyone confirm that?

PS: I might have used a bit more capitals than usual but I'm still in german mode :P
papasith
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Re: A More Usefull Discussion About BioMega

Post by papasith »

i hope im not out of place with this, nor do i intend to be rude.

but it is generally a little rude/ in bad form to expect scanlators to do anything. everything they do is a labor of love, and i can only imagine how long it takes, especially cleaning (from what i rember about biomega it looked like some nasty cleaning involved)

that said im sure they love hearing how much you appreciate there work though, just felt obligated to say the above, i apologize if it was out of place
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Re: A More Usefull Discussion About BioMega

Post by Eldo »

I can neither confirm or deny that this thread is useful.

What is this Biomega thing you speak of? Is it a food?

But yeah, there's this unspoken rule that you never ask for progress. Mainly because:

Code: Select all

1) We do it for free.
2) We aren't paid for it.
3) It's not our job.
4) We do have jobs and/or other obligations.
5) Some of us hate people on the internet.
6) I hate some people on the internet.
7) We can't stand whinging about how long it's been since the last release.
8) We're busy.
9) Family mouths to feed.
10) Not our obligation to do it.
So yeah, I'm pretty sure some of the above reasons are similar if not the same points. I can't figure out which ones yet.

But since you sugar-coated it so well that you must be a diplomat, I'll tell you. Well, Mune, our editor (who's done a fantastic job by the way) has been busy with his university work. If I had to weigh in what's important, education or a hobby, I think education is maybe a minuscule more important than that hobby thing we do. I am not about to rob a hobby out of Mune (unless he can't handle it for the moment) by having someone else edit it without his permission.

If Mune was a paid/paid-in-skittles employee, I would fire him and hire a lower wage/paid-in-skittles employee. But he's not and we'll just have to wait for him to finish it up. He promises it would be this week, but no promises (oops).

Does this answer some of your questions? I'll lock this topic now, so if not, well, heh, oops.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am