PS3 Thread

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

Starnum
Elven King

Re: PS3 Thread

Post by Starnum »

I heard there was a demo for 360, but I didn't see one on the PSN. Anyway, I don't mind if it plays like RE4, I really enjoyed the gameplay in 4, and I'm looking forward to the next part of the story and playing as Chris again.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

The demo came out on the PSN February 2nd. It looks great, but the underlying code is exactly the same one from RE4. It feels like a re-re-re-release of RE4 but now with online and offline co-op.

When playing with someone else you'll feel how crappy the AI is because it was never meant to be used for co-op and there are several bugs ranging from enemies not targeting you even though you're in front of them, to the enemie's AI freezing entirely and they just wait idly by until you shoot them. Then again, that kind of stuff might get fixed by the time of release. I guess it all depends on how early the version of the game is on the demo. I'll admit though, co-op is a lot of fun.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

halfnhalf wrote:
War Machine wrote:Did you play the RE5 demo? After having played it I have a mixed feelings about my expectations of the game. It's practically RE4 with new textures, a lot of the enemy reactions and animations are exactly the same as they were in RE4.
i agree, but so what its a re4 sequel that has co-op. good enough for me!
Indeed. Coop makes every game 2 times as fun!
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well shit, I guess I overlooked it somehow. I'm gonna go DL that shit and check it out. SFIV and RE5 are the two games I know I'm getting this quarter, you might say. So if there's online co-op, then it's on! I've always wanted to kill zombies online with people in a RE setting.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Starnum wrote:Well shit, I guess I overlooked it somehow. I'm gonna go DL that shit and check it out. SFIV and RE5 are the two games I know I'm getting this quarter, you might say. So if there's online co-op, then it's on! I've always wanted to kill zombies online with people in a RE setting.

but that wont happen, cuz you're never online. dont lie your kids get more attention then we do, thats unfair.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Ha! Well just wait till SFIV comes out and then lets see how often I'm online. Actually, I just bought a new ethernet cable today, so now I can keep my PS3 permanently jacked. So you should start seeing me online a lot more, like every time I play my PS3, which is all the time. See ya there dude. ;)
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

i had to delete some game installs off my hd for bioshock and dmc4, so dont see me anytime soon playing MGS/MGO. I need a new hdd, but getting a speeding ticket makes the wallet light.

i cant wait for sf4 to come out, i got the fightstick pre-ordered and hopefully i can custom make one too.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, I've had to delete some game installs myself. I use Gamefly so I play a lot of games. So I just delete off the games I don't own, and have finished. MGS4 has a permanent place on my HDD though. XD
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

320 Gigs HDD ftw. Although I only have about 10 gigs free right now, because of all the different anime seasons I ripped to the harddrive :D
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

I think I just played halfsies I mean halfnhalf last night in some street fighter hd remix. He was kicking my ass pretty bad in the beginning. I don't know if he started to go easy on me or I got better as we went along. :D Next time get a headset man so you can trash talk.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

lon3vvolf wrote:I think I just played halfsies I mean halfnhalf last night in some street fighter hd remix. He was kicking my ass pretty bad in the beginning. I don't know if he started to go easy on me or I got better as we went along. :D Next time get a headset man so you can trash talk.

check your psn messages. I just got the FightStick so my roommates wanted to try it out aswell, so you played them a few times. Though all the real ass woopins were done by me. either way im still a fuckign scrub at this game, played some guy that had possibly the best boxer i've ever seen, tamashima boxer good.

btw, the mic was working at all, like i couldnt hear anything from your side. I think we have to do rank matches or something to hear each other.

TUESDAY! cant wait!
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

halfnhalf wrote:TUESDAY! cant wait!
I know dude, just a couple more days and then SFIV will finally be upon us. I didn't get a pre-order in time, unfortunately, but I'm going to pick it up as soon as I can. I doubt I'll have any trouble getting it by Wednesday. Let's hope not anyway, otherwise I might have to go Shoryuken someone in real life to get it, and that's just gonna get me in trouble. :P
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Noby Noby Boy just came out.

I just got a trophy for finding the space squirrel. This game is a million times weirder than Katamari Damacy. Oh yeah, I got Street Fighter IV too. Unlocking Akuma and that other guy is gonna be a bitch.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I just got Guitar Hero World Tour, w00t! Yes, I finally broke down and bought a Guitar Hero game. Now I have a guitar, so I can play all of the other games too, which rocks. :headbang:

I also got Resistance 2 in the mail from Gamefly, so you could see me playing either of those 2, but if you send me an invite for SF4 I might be available to throw-down on there as well. ;)
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Starnum wrote:I just got Guitar Hero World Tour, w00t! Yes, I finally broke down and bought a Guitar Hero game. Now I have a guitar, so I can play all of the other games too, which rocks. :headbang:
Rock Band, dude, the right choice was Rock Band.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well, um, you can play all of the instruments in GHWT as well, but I only wanted to buy the guitar, and seeing as how there's DLC I don't see much of a difference. *shrugs*

I'll probably be renting GH: Metallica as well, since I have a guitar now, I'll be able to play that as well. XD
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Yeah, they're the same, I only side with Harmonix because they started this trend and expanded it with Rock Band pretty well. So the talent is with them and Rock Band, not Guitar Hero. But yeah, they're the same. If you ever rent Rock Band 2 send me a message to play online, I can play some mean drums.
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Just got around to playing some more of littlebigplanet. I need a bit of a break from Street fighter... thumbs aren't as strong as they once were. Played a bit with Dio, man that guy is as big of a trophy whore as i am.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

So i just got to play with the legend himself, Alex Valle in Street Fighter 4. He laid down the law on everyone of us, but yours truly got a round off of him.

Wasnt just any round win it was a win that ended in an ultra combo finish. It felt good.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

I'm gonna get me some sweet Resident Evil 5 today!

Also, Valkyria Chronicles is still the best mix of strategy and roleplay on any console. And Eternal Sonata is nice, but can't beat Valkyria Chronicles.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

War Machine wrote:Yeah, they're the same, I only side with Harmonix because they started this trend and expanded it with Rock Band pretty well. So the talent is with them and Rock Band, not Guitar Hero. But yeah, they're the same. If you ever rent Rock Band 2 send me a message to play online, I can play some mean drums.
Ah yeah, no doubt, I'll definitely hit you up sometime. I plan on renting Rock Band 2 eventually anyway. XD
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

RE5 is where its at. Just wish they had an option to swap the stick functions for us lefties. Heres hoping for a patch!
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

lon3vvolf wrote:RE5 is where its at. Just wish they had an option to swap the stick functions for us lefties. Heres hoping for a patch!
A lefty gamer? I thought they were a myth.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Yeah, Resident Evil 5 kicks ass. Especially offline in coop mode.

On a sidenote: Anybody got Persona 4 for PS2 yet?
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Aetherfukz wrote:Yeah, Resident Evil 5 kicks ass. Especially offline in coop mode.
Hell yeah! The co-op mode in this game is pretty sweet.