Movies of ´09

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

Starnum
Elven King

Re: Movies of ´09

Post by Starnum »

Not one day went by after I read this post about a Chun-li movie and thought, "OMFG NO, Please!" did I not see the trailer for this crap wagon of a movie. The first live-action Street Fighter movie sucked balls so badly that I think I'd rather go watch a dog turd then see that crap again. I like JCVD, but Guile is not the main fucking character of SF, give me a break. At least this Chun-li movie appears to have some cheap special-effects fireballs and what-not, but no, I'm sure it will be trash. If it does turn out to be half decent, then someone let me know, and I might actually consider watching it.
Shizuka
imanewbie

Post by Shizuka »

at least its not directed by uwe boll. that dumbass calls himself a controversial and acclaimed directer, ha, he sucks so bad germany deported him
Baseball is 90% mental, and the other half is physical - Yogi Bera
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Rolemodels - This was pretty funny, was laughing really hard a couple of times.

On a sidenote I just saw that they have started a series on Terry Goodkinds books The legends of the Truth Seeker, anyone seen any episodes?
Hope its not a shitty production cause I liked the series.
Wonder if the series will stick until the end, if it does there is going to be gory battles ahead :D

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Chun-Li movie... saw it. You're only going to get what you expect. I expected a low budget movie with bad acting and some good fighting. Thats what I got. I think the guy who played Nash did a great job acting like the arrogant american jerk. It was funny in ways it wasn;t supposed to be. Its worth a rental or watch it online.

Oh yeah, theres a scene where Chun-Li dances with a les...

Watchmen: never heard of the comic. The movie was interesting but a bit slow for my tastes. The ending was somewhat predictable. Very good special effects and the whole concept of heroes being everyday people and having problems came across without a problem. A bit too long though.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

OMFG, you haven't heard of Watchmen? Have you been living under a rock or something? It's so good (the book) that it's on Time Magazine's top 100 novels of the 20th Century. It's right up there with titles like The Shining and The Andromeda Strain and Blindness. And the dude who wrote Blindness won a Nobel Prize. Man, you have to read the novel, it's got way more emotion and characterization than the movie does. I personally didn't dislike the movie, thought that it was a good adaptation, but films, unlike books, need to have a well defined main protagonist, which I don't believe Watchmen really did. Of course it would have been difficult for Snyder to have made anyone character more important than the other because of how they were written in the book, but he should have had a lot more information about Rorshac and a lot less about the Silk Spectre. I liked all the parts that had to do with the Comedian though. But then again I never really found the Comedian to be a masked hero or anything like the others, he's more like the Joker, just dresses that way to freak people out.
[spoiler]And despite the Silk Spectre being a dumb character, who frankly can't be called a masked vigilante because she doesn't wear a damn mask, had to have a lot of screen time purely because she was the Comedian's daughter.[/spoiler]
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Hahahaha.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I really enjoyed the Watchmen movie. I thought they did a great job at paying tribute to the book, and I think all of the stuff that they had to cut and change was an understandable adaption to film format. The movie may seem long, but that's only because they did their best to fit everything from the comic into the movie, and they still had to leave some stuff out. I thought the length was appropriate. The special effects were top of the line of course, but I wish Rorschach's mask had been a bit more subtle, heh. They altered the ending slightly, I can see why they did it, but I would have preferred the original. Despite that though, it was essentially the same, so I didn't really mind. Overall, this is definitely one of my new favorite movies.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

What the hell is that faggy cartoon?
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Eden Lake - The beginning was slow paced but that was the first 30 minutes and then the fun began :P
Good horror movie and I´m never going to camp ever again (Unless on a festival).

Saw Watchmen and loved the most part of it.
Rorschach is without a doubt my all time favorite superhero :D

Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Hugo Weaving would be an awesome Sinestro.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

There are some fun looking movies coming out this year. I'm looking forward to Terminator Salvation, and sadly enough DB Evolution and Harry Potter 6. But I know the last two are gonna suck, oh well. What else looks good ... oh yeah, Sherlock Holmes.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

I think Terminator has a high fail level to it too :P

The movie I´m looking forward to now is the G.I. Joe movie. Hope it will kick a**.
Crank 2 might also be something worth the time.

The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Yeah, but terminator always has them kick ass chicks, and i always get so mushy when i hear that opening track. even if hes an asshole, christian bale's always fun to watch, but he really shoulddo a romcom to diversify a little, plus i hear thats where the market is right now. c'mon, when your funniest role is from little women youre kind of lacking something. GI Joe looks dumb. The cowboy bebop movie w/ keanu reaves as spike will be interesting too tho.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

The Herald wrote:Yeah, but terminator always has them kick ass chicks, and i always get so mushy when i hear that opening track. even if hes an asshole, christian bale's always fun to watch, but he really shoulddo a romcom to diversify a little, plus i hear thats where the market is right now. c'mon, when your funniest role is from little women youre kind of lacking something. GI Joe looks dumb. The cowboy bebop movie w/ keanu reaves as spike will be interesting too tho.

Yeah i think that the chances for G.I. Joe is going to be a good movie is around 1/10 to say the least.
But you never know, keeping my hopes up.

Havent heard anything about a Cowboy Bebop movie, that could become something.

Anyone has some new info on Akira by the way?

newbified
n00b Smasher

Post by newbified »

But I'm looking forward to Cowboy Bebop. Even though I doubt it'll do the series justice.
Steeples scrape the sky, Praising God.
Everything here exists for God, is sacrificed to God.
For those who have nothing to sacrifice,
It can be a very heartless city indeed.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

When it says no seriously, was it just going for the whole fact that they are doing an Akira movie at all, or because there was an american flag on it .... Anyways, I'm from Canada and I watched Akira when I was little so like the dumb little shit that I was I thought that's how you pronounced his name, just with a K. Then I watched the Japanese version and it made more sense :P. That's a great video though, but the worst part is save for some of the banners that's the kind of advertising you get in Tokyo.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Haha that was Hilarious, but I really hope it wont turn out that way.

The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Man, I'm so excited for the Dragonball movie. I personally think it's gonna suck balls, but I still can't wait. Plus, I have to see it on the principle of my DB fandom and that only two days later I'll be Goku at a convention.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

X-Men Origins: Wolverine was leaked. Great movie, I didn't expect it to be this good. Definitely my favorite out of the X-Men movies.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

The Herald wrote:Man, I'm so excited for the Dragonball movie. I personally think it's gonna suck balls, but I still can't wait. Plus, I have to see it on the principle of my DB fandom and that only two days later I'll be Goku at a convention.
Dude, it's horrible. It will make you want to vomit. I will condemn any "fan" of DB or DBZ that supports this film. I mean, NO KRILLIN! That alone is unforgivable, IMO...
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

I don't understand how anybody can be even remotely interested in a live action Dragonball movie.

Akira has more of a chance at being a not completely horrible live action film but Dragonball?

Come on.

I still haven't seen Watchmen.

I don't know if I ever will.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Femto you speak mexican right? Cause i got this hentai from TJ and its in mexican and i was wondering if u could dub it for me.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Get the fuck out of here.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

That was kinda vulgar and rude. I'm sorry.

When can i expect my silat picture?
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

When can I expect that blowjob?