Do looks matter?

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Triko
imanewbie

Re: Do looks matter?

Post by Triko »

Dominion wrote:so then he's an opportunist? i hate opportunists. they have no principles
Of course Guts is an opportunist, he wouldn't be able to survive against and defeat apostles many times his strength if he weren't. It's much like Politics, if you aren't prepared to be cutthroat to get ahead, you'll be a city councilman you're whole career.
Girls cosplay as male anime characters all the time, why the double standard.
Less male Sailormoon Cosplayers, please.
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

Triko wrote:
Girls cosplay as male anime characters all the time, why the double standard.
Less male Sailormoon Cosplayers, please.
Nuff said :cry:
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
FightClub
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by FightClub »

The Herald wrote:Girls cosplay as male anime characters all the time, why the double standard.
Where did I indicate that I'm leading a double standard? I don't recall supporting females dressing as men either. I think dressing up as cartoon characters is ridiculous to begin with, and cross-dressing is cross-dressing, no matter how you justify it. So yes, you dressing up like a trap, is fucking gay. And I'll give you the full-on go-ahead to call me the same the moment you catch me sporting a sailor moon outfit, which isn't going to happen.

Unless I'm really fucking drunk.
Rolos wrote:-He was born from a corpse? Has been killing (or assisting in the process) people ever since he was 5? Hahahaa...talk about having a shitty life. Its hilarious because he's not me.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Though you have to admit that a hot chick in a male uniform looks cute and/or hot while a guy in a female uniform just looks... confusing and gay.

Proof A:

Proof B:

hbi2k

Post by hbi2k »

Aetherfukz wrote:Though you have to admit that a hot chick in a male uniform looks cute and/or hot while a guy in a female uniform just looks... confusing and gay.
While I don't disagree with the theory, I'm not sure how valid those pictures are as proofs. Those two chicks would look hot in anything, and likewise, that looks like one pretty fugly dude no matter what he might choose to wear.
Berserk: The Abridged Series: Beating a dead horse with another dead horse.
FightClub

Post by FightClub »

Aetherfukz wrote:Image
Herald's new avatar.
Rolos wrote:-He was born from a corpse? Has been killing (or assisting in the process) people ever since he was 5? Hahahaa...talk about having a shitty life. Its hilarious because he's not me.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Hmm you guys honestly didn't know Man-Faye? That guy even has his own Wikipedia entry :D

Anyway I couldn't find any pictures of man-faye in normal clothing, but I would assume from the man-faye pictures that he's not fugly like hbi2k said. It's just (in my opinion) that dudes in girls clothing look rediculous, no matter how handsome the particular dude may be.

John Travolta looking all cool and stuff.

John Travolta looking completely rediculous.

Popular opinion has it that John Travolta isn't a bad looking man I heard.
FightClub

Post by FightClub »

Most interesting article.
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Aetherfukz wrote:Though you have to admit that a hot chick in a male uniform looks cute and/or hot while a guy in a female uniform just looks... confusing and gay.

Proof A:
FightClub

Post by FightClub »

Hahahha.

Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

I don't get the trap joke. You mean he is actually a man pretending to be a woman wearing a man's outfit?
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
FightClub

Post by FightClub »

Rolos wrote:I don't get the trap joke. You mean he is actually a man pretending to be a woman wearing a man's outfit?
Some traps are very complex in nature, they live through deceit, and should never be underestimated. Just pray that you don't spring one, or you could wake up with an unfamiliar pain in your backside.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

What the fuck is going on here? I'm gone for a bit and this shit appears? Oh well, can't be bothered to lock or dump thread. Keep on your business.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Ultimate
imanewbie

Post by Ultimate »

I was wondering when a mod was going to find this thread ... though, oddly enough, the name of this thread is 'Do looks matter?' and you are kinda arguing the fact that girls look better crossdressing as men than men do as women. So, in a way, although not keeping in topic with the first question, this is keeping up with the topic line.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Eldo wrote:What the fuck is going on here? I'm gone for a bit and this shit appears? Oh well, can't be bothered to lock or dump thread. Keep on your business.
I know, right? I feel the same way. I could've locked this thread a long time ago, but meh, can't be bothered. I'll wait till some real garbage comes along, for now, it's whatever. :P
Lara Skadi
notanewb

Post by Lara Skadi »

Well, at least this thread is funny :D

As for men cosplaying women characters, it's not that bad if the guy doesn't have too macho features. Some boys with long hair are even difficult to recognise as male OR female (and it doesn't necessarily means he seems gay or whatever), the same for some short-haired girls (I myself was confused to a child boy when I cut mine - and I sure have a feminine face). ^^
I hope it's Herald's case, 'cause if it's not, it just has to be proposely funny, otherwise.... :s
Shizuka
imanewbie

Post by Shizuka »

with the right amount of makeup and costuming then anybody can look like almost anything, irregardless of sex. i myself like to go out with a male buddy of mine and dress like a dude and he dresses like a girl just so we can confuse people on the street. we can be pretty convincing, but luckily he's not too tall or it wouldn't really work too well
Baseball is 90% mental, and the other half is physical - Yogi Bera
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

You do this in real life, like on the street? In conventions no one cares, but I think I'd be able to tell on the street. I sure hope he doesn't wear dresses are too tight ...,
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil