::Naruto::

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

papasith
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Re: ::Naruto::

Post by papasith »

i think it doesn't hurt him as much to use the wind shurkin thing because he throws it...so it doesn't stay there to mess him up too.

im waiting to see if another form of pain comes along useing the dead bodies of some of the people he killed...im guess the old hermit may come back (then again not many manga like the psychological stuff like that :\ )
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Okay, I didn't expect that. This week's chapter was severely badass as well.
shcnoff
imanewbie

Post by shcnoff »

i continue to be impressed with this fight. it's nice to see naruto employing effective strategies from the beginning. he's being a bad-ass. now if he'll just learn some techniques and graduate past gennin...
let your logic be your guide
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

So I pretty much started reading 200+ chapters in one sitting to catch up to what's happening. And I have to say, things move so slow in Naruto. Really, it does.

Sasuke is still a douche. Now he's going to be manipulated again. And that makes his brother's sacrifice in vain (if that is what the guy claims it to be). And that Madara or whatever guy's explanation was kinda forced. Really, it was. It's like Kishimoto just suddenly decided to change the plot half way through (which he probably did, hence the 'data gathering' breaks he makes supposedly). And deciding to kill everyone (at least the likable ones) all of a sudden makes it feel like Gantz. But oh well, I'm going to stop reading this again and wait for another 200+ chapters to pass so I can read it all in one sitting. So yeah, sage mode. Awesome. Yay. I'm esctatic. Well, not really, no. Free entertainment and all, so I'm just going to shut up now.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

shcnoff wrote:...now if he'll just learn some techniques and graduate past gennin...
Screw the Chuunin Exam, they should just promote him straight to Jounin. XD
Eldo wrote:But oh well, I'm going to stop reading this again and wait for another 200+ chapters to pass so I can read it all in one sitting.
By then the manga will probably be concluded, so next time you sit down to read a batch of Naruto it may be to it's conclusion. ;)
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

Eldo wrote:So I pretty much started reading 200+ chapters in one sitting to catch up to what's happening. And I have to say, things move so slow in Naruto. Really, it does.

Sasuke is still a douche. Now he's going to be manipulated again. And that makes his brother's sacrifice in vain (if that is what the guy claims it to be). And that Madara or whatever guy's explanation was kinda forced. Really, it was. It's like Kishimoto just suddenly decided to change the plot half way through (which he probably did, hence the 'data gathering' breaks he makes supposedly). And deciding to kill everyone (at least the likable ones) all of a sudden makes it feel like Gantz. But oh well, I'm going to stop reading this again and wait for another 200+ chapters to pass so I can read it all in one sitting. So yeah, sage mode. Awesome. Yay. I'm esctatic. Well, not really, no. Free entertainment and all, so I'm just going to shut up now.
stop being such a poopy face
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

^^^ :wtf:

Latest chapter shows some good stuff. maybe he could give Shika a run............ Nah never that.

edit: Latest and greatest is good. god realm is the problem.
"Context is for Kings"
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Will someone give Naruto a hand now?

Sage mode is cool and all but i simply don´t get why people don´t help him take Pain down.

God Pain sending the the Frog´s away was pretty epic.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, the fact that he can just knock all three giant toads away with one blast is pretty damn impressive. At this point, it's time for Tsunade-hime or someone to step in and help Naruto, I agree. They're not just going to let Pain kidnap Naruto, if anyone can stop him, at least.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

From the signs Tsunade is pretty much out of the picture. Perhaps Sakura could help out Naruto but that will all but seal Tsunade's fate when "root" decides to move in. Also Hinata is looking like she was considering heading over towards him.
"Context is for Kings"
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

Of course Hinata wants to help Naruto, she's basically beggin for it froggy style.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Heh, froggy style, I like that. I just hope somebody helps him. At this point, I don't care who, heh.
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

lol froggy style
is that when naruto summons a bunch of sage clones and runs a train on her?
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

No, but we can get to that afterward. ;)
Shizuka
imanewbie

Post by Shizuka »

i lost interest after the chunin saga, or chapter, whatever you call it, and i didn't watch the anime much either. it must be okay, because there's so many people at conventions dressed like naruto, a few thousand at sakuracon last year. what big things happen after that that are worth note, maybe someone can pique my interest :)
Baseball is 90% mental, and the other half is physical - Yogi Bera
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

I went to comic con last week I think it was. There was quite a few Bleach and Naruto cosplays. :)

Well this latest chapter was another good one. I'm assuming that sword pain uses is directly linked to Nagato like the recievers. Thats why it threw both Naruto and Kakashi off.
"Context is for Kings"
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Shizuka wrote:what big things happen after that that are worth note, maybe someone can pique my interest :)
Several really cool things have happened that I could mention, but I don't want to ruin anything for you. I don't really know how to mention some of the "big things" without dropping spoilers, but there has been some really good fights, some really big plot developments, and even a few really touching scenes. I mean, my favorite character even died! Heh, I don't suspect you know who my favorite character is so I doubt that's a spoiler, but suffice to say, I would say it's worth reading if you liked the previous stuff. Granted, there is a lull of much suckitude for a while during the, um, "chase Sasuke around some more" part of Shippuuden (which is the subtitle added to the anime after the time-lapse, kind of like how DB became DBZ), but then it got good again, thankfully. For it to make such a strong comeback was really impressive, IMO too. Normally when something jumps the shark that bad, it never comes back. Thankfully the author seemed to get his inspiration back though, and it's been really awesome lately.
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

I wonder if this is the end of naruto is near after he defeats pain
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well there's still Root, Taka, and the rest of Akatsuki, which includes Madara, to deal with. However, I imagine Naruto will be ending sometime either this year or next.
papasith
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by papasith »

you also cannot forget about sasuke now. he may actually be one of the upcomeing main villans (i kind of hope so at least)
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well right, Sasuke is the head of Taka (Hawk) so I was including him. ;)
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

all I have to say is WOW!
"Context is for Kings"
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

I was sort of right when I said he'd be a shriveled up creature
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Ha! I knew it. Great chapter.
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

The peace speech gave Pain more depth IMO (Not that he had much in the first place), he seems to be realistic enough to know that no matter how much he accomplishes with Akatsuki and this Kyuubi powered machine, humanity will follow it´s course and eventually fall back into a chain of violence, he just want to be the one responsible for the "good part" of this vicious cicle since he has an efficient way to provoke it. It´s better than just "WE CONQUER THE WORLD DURR".

And this funny the moment someones starts anything resembling a moral discussion with Naruto, he imediately shuts up. Not very good at arguments, at least he´s not shouting generic shonen bullshit. He´s gone a long way.