PS3 Thread

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

Starnum
Elven King

Re: PS3 Thread

Post by Starnum »

See, that's what I'm saying. Why would you want slow-down? :lol:

Nah, I'm just messing with ya. Don't worry, we'll face off when SFIV comes out. ;)
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Starnum wrote:See, that's what I'm saying. Why would you want slow-down? :lol:

Nah, I'm just messing with ya. Don't worry, we'll face off when SFIV comes out. ;)

that is if you ever go online. i have never seen or played a game with you yet on the PSN.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

You've never seen me online before? How is that possible, I've seen you on there several times. We've never played a game though because you seem busy or away when you're on there (if you haven't even notice me online before) or we don't have a game to play together. There is MGO, though honestly I haven't been on PSN much lately. I've been playing WoW mostly since WotLK came out, and I keep forgetting to plug my PS3 into the internet when I go on there because I'm having to share the cable with the wife's laptop now, heh. I've seen you on there plenty in the past though, but I never know if you're actually there or not, because I haven't seen you playing too many games. Anyway, next time I see you on PSN, I'll shoot you a message. ;)

Also, who else has LBP besides Lonewolf? We should all get on there and have a sackpeople party or some such. I'm gonna try to peep you guys on LBP or Home soon, if I can manage to catch one of you while you're on during my crazy hours. :P

*edit*

Played some more on my Star Wars game last night. The Force really is unleashed in this game, IMO. It's pretty cool, you guys should check it out if you haven't already. It's got some amazing game-play at times, pretty good story, some nice Easter eggs for the fans, and great graphics.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Yeah, I really liked The Force Unleashed. It's got a few glitches, the control could be a little more responsive (the problem is that it sometimes listens to what you pressed a second ago instead of what you're pressing now) and the lock-on needs some work, but even with those problems, it's still a lot of fun. The story is cannon to the Star Wars universe and fits very well.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, I just love how badass jedi and sith are, and this game really shows how amazing they can be. Plus Star Killer is really powerful in my opinion, and he's got some awesome moves. It's just fun hurling people into the sky or constantly throwing debris at people. I love the force grip ability, and all of the other staple force powers. Plus the game really feels like you're in the Star Wars universe. It always helps to have a world rich with lore like that. Speaking of Star Wars, have you guys heard about SWtOR? It's a Star Wars MMO, and I'm really looking forward to it. This could be the one to rival the beast that is WoW, so keep your eye out for it.

http://www.swtor.com/
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Call me crazy but I still think PixelJunk Monsters is still the best exclusive on the PS3.

MGS4 was such a (pretty) letdown.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I humbly disagree. The perfection that is MGS4 aside (MGS4 would definitely be my pick for best PS3 exclusive and game of the year), I'd rather play LBP (LittleBigPlanet) over PixelJunk, but that's me.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

I played the PixelJunk demo a while ago and I cannot believe how boring that game is. The visuals are nice and the music very good, but the game itself is just a shitty platformer, the like you can play online in any run-of-the-mill flash game. There's absolutely nothing to do but jump all day, no different collectibles or any variation in gameplay at any moment, just a different level where you can collect more seeds (or whatever they are).

You like it, fine, but this doesn't even begin to come close to MGS4.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, I pretty much agree with you on that, War. Maybe I didn't get the full experience from the demo or something, but I was so not impressed. *shrugs* Just seems like a game I'd play for an hour or two and then never pick up again, but once again, that's me, and I've only played the demo. From what I've seen though, I wouldn't even put it on the same tier as MGS4, which didn't let me down at all. It was pretty much everything I hoped for and more.
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

So anyone get the street fighter remix? I'm actually a bit disappointed with it. Gameplay is still the same but I guess times makes my memory go fuzzy... the game looks horrible, specifically some of the backgrounds. Crisp as hell, but 2 frames of animation? They could have done better than that. Bleh. If anyones up for some online play I'm working on getting some blisters :D
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

so did anyone log onto this psn home thing? I really don't know if I should be freaked or impressed.
"Context is for Kings"
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Starnum wrote:Yeah, I pretty much agree with you on that, War. Maybe I didn't get the full experience from the demo or something, but I was so not impressed. *shrugs* Just seems like a game I'd play for an hour or two and then never pick up again, but once again, that's me, and I've only played the demo. From what I've seen though, I wouldn't even put it on the same tier as MGS4, which didn't let me down at all. It was pretty much everything I hoped for and more.
War Machine wrote:I played the PixelJunk demo a while ago and I cannot believe how boring that game is. The visuals are nice and the music very good, but the game itself is just a shitty platformer, the like you can play online in any run-of-the-mill flash game. There's absolutely nothing to do but jump all day, no different collectibles or any variation in gameplay at any moment, just a different level where you can collect more seeds (or whatever they are).

You like it, fine, but this doesn't even begin to come close to MGS4.
PixelJunk Monsters.

MONSTERS.

Not Eden.

Eden is still great though.

Home has been a terrible idea since day 1.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Oh, Monsters. It's considerably better than Eden, but it's still just as good as a flash game.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Oh yeah, I haven't played Monsters so I can't really comment on it or compare it to anything. I imagine I'd still like MGS4 more though. :P

As for Home, I've logged in a few times, but it's not that great yet. I need way more customization options before I can really get into it. I'm looking forward to the full version, hopefully it'll be better than the beta, which is kind of boring so far.
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

So I've been without videogames for the past 5 months, and it seems like there's a plethora of new stuff that I really want to check out. Which games do you guys think are must plays? I got LBP and Fallout 3 at the top of my gamefly list.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

lon3vvolf wrote:So anyone get the street fighter remix? I'm actually a bit disappointed with it. Gameplay is still the same but I guess times makes my memory go fuzzy... the game looks horrible, specifically some of the backgrounds. Crisp as hell, but 2 frames of animation? They could have done better than that. Bleh. If anyones up for some online play I'm working on getting some blisters :D

i got STHD. lets play sometime. remix controls makes it easy to play with a pad, but i still want a stick.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

dialdfordesi wrote:So I've been without videogames for the past 5 months
Wow, I think I'd lose my mind if I had to go without video games for that long, if I didn't just up and die first. :P

LBP and Fallout 3 are the best places to start catching up in my opinion. Has it been 5 months since MGS4 came out? Still the best PS3 game out there, IMO. Play it if you haven't already, otherwise, play it again! I never get tired of that game. :P
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

halfnhalf wrote:
lon3vvolf wrote:So anyone get the street fighter remix? I'm actually a bit disappointed with it. Gameplay is still the same but I guess times makes my memory go fuzzy... the game looks horrible, specifically some of the backgrounds. Crisp as hell, but 2 frames of animation? They could have done better than that. Bleh. If anyones up for some online play I'm working on getting some blisters :D

i got STHD. lets play sometime. remix controls makes it easy to play with a pad, but i still want a stick.
Yeah most definatley. I'll be out of town for the weekend but if you see me online jsut send me a msg and I'll try to get in there.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Played through the new Prince of Persia over the holidays. It is awesome. I really love the gta-esque feel that there was a world for you to explore, and you chose where you would want to go next, and which boss to battle next. Also, graphics are sweet. And the prince and Elika, are some of the most likeable characters in videogame history, IMHO.

Other than that, didn't play much on the PS3. Tried out Home, which is pretty meh, and downloaded Savage Moon (always loved Pixeljunk Monster), but it is way to stressfull - Monsters is more relaxing.

Still haven't finished Valkyria Chronicles, damn it, because I only played WoW all the time (cleared every 25man with my shadow priest, leveled my DK to 79 yesterday).
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

The only thing that's really fun to do in Home:

Well, there's also getting arcade machines, but for that you need to set up an account with the location as Hong Kong and download the namco museum beta. Once you do that you can get arcade machines and gear with pac man, dig dug, xevious, or galaga.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Dio
King of Alcohol

Post by Dio »

lon3vvolf wrote:
halfnhalf wrote:

Yeah most definatley. I'll be out of town for the weekend but if you see me online jsut send me a msg and I'll try to get in there.
Im down to play the both of you in SF2 HDR, add me and lets get this party started
ImageImage
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

i keep on forgeting to add you dio, will do soon. (im j-cart on the psn)

GUYS! we have only a few days left till street fighter 4 will grace us, Killzone 2 will also be shoved down our throats of its glorious mayhem of sci-fi war. this will be a great year on the ps3, i hope to see you all on the battlefield!
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Hell yeah, and we get RE5 in a couple months too, I'm psyched about that as well.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Did you play the RE5 demo? After having played it I have a mixed feelings about my expectations of the game. It's practically RE4 with new textures, a lot of the enemy reactions and animations are exactly the same as they were in RE4.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

War Machine wrote:Did you play the RE5 demo? After having played it I have a mixed feelings about my expectations of the game. It's practically RE4 with new textures, a lot of the enemy reactions and animations are exactly the same as they were in RE4.
i agree, but so what its a re4 sequel that has co-op. good enough for me!