Berserk 300 - Sorceress of the Hawk

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Arcandus
notanewb

Re: Berserk 300 - Sorceress of the Hawk

Post by Arcandus »

hbi2k wrote:I just hope Guts doesn't wind up winning due to Griffith's fetus-body making him hold still so that Guts can run a sword through him. That would be such a rote, cop-out ending, and I'd like to think Miura is better than that.

Unfortunately I just can't think of any other possible way that Guts could win in such a fight, but then, that's why I'm not writing this thing. (-:
When i think of the last fight, I think of Guts both duels with Griffith: "he always strikes high" or something like that. But Griffith can fly now, maybe Guts will be able to fly through the little sorcerer spells(hehe Dragonball, like that, the ending blow would be kamehameha), but anyway it would be very difficult for Guts to fight Griffith on the ground.What's more... Griffith has the Band of the Hawk, Guts and the others would just go and kill 'em all? Don't think so, maybe the Elven king(or someone else) knows something like the mega fucking magic stone, or another thing/way to help Guts with his quest. Maybe Gutts it's not the one who would kill Griffith(is it possible to kill a God?, are Griffith and the God Hand really Gods or just the most powerful apostiles?), maybe it will be the humans beliefs(yeah so fucking gay, but anyway it would be a nice end), all that Guts would do its show them how "wrong" they and Griffith are, a king without people to rule its not a king, Griffith without a dream it's not Griffith, and the only moment that Griffith went out of his head(becouse of Guts) he lost everything that was in his hand.

And I don't know why, but i think Zodd could help Gutts... but yeah, this sounds crazy hehe.
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

I think that any magical aids that aren't double edged for Guts kind of cheapen Guts' struggle. Guts' struggle has been so epic because for the most part he's been using only his strength and will to fight against the seemingly impossible. Even though the armor enhances Guts' strength it comes at a high cost, and I'd be very disappointed if Guts had any extra magical assistance when he fights and defeats Griffith.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

dialdfordesi wrote:I think that any magical aids that aren't double edged for Guts kind of cheapen Guts' struggle. Guts' struggle has been so epic because for the most part he's been using only his strength and will to fight against the seemingly impossible. Even though the armor enhances Guts' strength it comes at a high cost, and I'd be very disappointed if Guts had any extra magical assistance when he fights and defeats Griffith.
Seconded. If Guts found some sort of "magic stone" that let him wipe out Griffith's entire army of Apostles, or something else like that, I'd feel so incredibly cheated. It's one of the few things I can imagine that would actually make me hate Berserk, just because it would be such a let down and betrayal of everything this series has been about.
42ndEndOfTheWorld
This is my new home

Post by 42ndEndOfTheWorld »

To be honest, almost any kind of physical battle against Griffith would be a let down for me. You can't kill a god with a piece of metal, astral or otherwise, no chance. Even common magic is pretty much out of the question, because the Idea (and , therefore Griffith) has entire human subconsciousness on it's side. I think Guts will have to psychologically defeat Griffith at his own game, to turn him against his dream, to humiliate him. I can't imagine how is he going to do that, but there is going to be many more sweet sword fights against other apostles, so destruction of Griffith needs to be something more sophisticated.

But I could be wrong.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Uh just saw the release. Gotta read it right after work today (no torrent access here :(). Cheers EG!
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

You're just now reading 300? It's been out for two weeks already. We'll be releasing 301 soon enough I imagine.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Aetherfukz wrote:Uh just saw the release. Gotta read it right after work today (no torrent access here :(). Cheers EG!
*cough*Direct download*cough*
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

War Machine wrote: *cough*Direct download*cough*
Shhhhhh. That's a secret.
Triko
imanewbie

Post by Triko »

42ndEndOfTheWorld wrote:To be honest, almost any kind of physical battle against Griffith would be a let down for me. You can't kill a god with a piece of metal, astral or otherwise, no chance.
The Dragonslayer was powerful enough to strike down Slaan; about another 300 chapters of slaying Apostles, Demons and monsters from the astral plane would probably make it powerful enough to kill Griffith.

Let's just hope it doesn't take another 300 chapters to get to the end.
Ward
imanewbie

Post by Ward »

Lets not also forget that Miura has not delved into the wound Slan did to Gutts Ethereal being, and that part of the reason he wears the armor is so he can continue to function with that wound. This could be his way of ascending to a higher level.
As the witch said before, there are 5 planes of existence in the Berserk world, and your ego can normal only transition up to 2 planes away from your home one. (hence the eclipse is the 5th plane coming down to the 3rd plane, and your going from the 1st to the 3rd plane.
Gutts brand lets him walk in the 2nd plane at all times, so he has access to the 1st and 2nd plane; I am not sure if the witches hut was on the 2nd or 3rd plane, but if Gutts is on the 2nd plane from the brand, he could learn to go to the 4th plane at will, but perhaps the ethereal scar will let him exist on the 3rd plane of existence, and he will be able to rise to the 5th or descend to the 1st at will.
Griffith is a being from the first plane who traveled to the 5th plane, and then forced his way back into the 1st plane, hence causing the fabric to fold, and hence the worlds are merging.
These are my quick thoughts, cant wait to see how it goes in the latter chapters.
If you kill one man your a murderer, if you kill a thousand men your a conquerer, and if you kill them all your a GOD!
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Hm, interesting thoughts ward. That's a good way of looking at it. I'm not sure if the scar will provide him with that ability or not, but only time will tell. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens as well.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

War Machine wrote:
Aetherfukz wrote:Uh just saw the release. Gotta read it right after work today (no torrent access here :(). Cheers EG!
*cough*Direct download*cough*
Uh, sweet. Now I can haz berserk at work! :D
hbi2k
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by hbi2k »

Berserk's pretty SFW, right?
Berserk: The Abridged Series: Beating a dead horse with another dead horse.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

It should be if you pass it as a comic.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

hbi2k wrote:Berserk's pretty SFW, right?
Depends on the chapter. Some chapters are...less SFW then others. I don't see a problem with 300, at least.
hbi2k
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by hbi2k »

That was a joke.
Berserk: The Abridged Series: Beating a dead horse with another dead horse.