PS3 Thread

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

newbified
n00b Smasher

Re: PS3 Thread

Post by newbified »

As far as my understanding goes (Since I have the power armor as well) you most likely have to side with the Brotherhood of Steel in order to use the Power Armor through their training.

As far as the mini nuke, yeah. That's the ammunition used in the Fatman. I've only found about 6 up to this point, but I'm saving them for a dire situation or for the next time I run into a Super Mutant Behemoth.

Best part of this game is making your little bobble head display in your house (in either Tenpenny or Megaton). I've found 6 up to this point.

I was exploring yesterday and I accidentally found vault 112 and completed a section of the main storyline... without completing the storyline up to that part.
Steeples scrape the sky, Praising God.
Everything here exists for God, is sacrificed to God.
For those who have nothing to sacrifice,
It can be a very heartless city indeed.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

How do you join the Brotherhood of Steel? Not sure if I want to, but it'd be good to know.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Wee, just bought LittleBigPlanet!

Europe release date is supposed to be tomorrow, but the nice lady at the counter said I can take it with me today :D
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

I hope that game comes out for PC
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Aetherfukz wrote:Wee, just bought LittleBigPlanet!

Europe release date is supposed to be tomorrow, but the nice lady at the counter said I can take it with me today :D
I'll be making a Berserk stage once I finish playing wipeout hd. 3 more [fucking impossible] trophies.

That and my fallout came in too!
Gwarrior
imanewbie

Post by Gwarrior »

Totally looking forward to that, which arc you going to go with?
This message is brought to you by the Infrequent Posters Union.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

oh man. Socom i love thee. Your online play is awesome, maps are huge with snipers plenty. I try and try to gain fire superiority, but alas sometimes do really suck. However, your addicting gameplay has me and I fear it will some day consume me.

Socom is awesome, feels like socom 2 all over again but just waaay smoother. I also got the new sony official headset with the game, its nice and works wonderfully, better than the one that came with Warhawk.

Its nice to have this game carry me over till SF4.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Dang I beat Fallout 3. I can't believe its over. I had about 40 hours of play time and was level 17, in case you're wondering. I can still go load my save and go do some more exploring and leveling before the final mission, but you can't keep playing after the game's over. Dude, that final mission was badass too. Well, time to start a new game on hard and play the bad guy this time. I was kind of a goody-goody in my other game. Looking forward to finding anything I might have missed the first time through. Man this game is crazy though. It really was a lot better than I was expecting.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Starnum wrote:Well, time to start a new game on hard and play the bad guy this time. I was kind of a goody-goody in my other game. Looking forward to finding anything I might have missed the first time through. Man this game is crazy though. It really was a lot better than I was expecting.
Try badass unarmed character. I wanna give that one a go once I finish the game (when I get the game, that is).

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
newbified
n00b Smasher

Post by newbified »

I'm still chugging away at Fallout 3.

Level 20, still going strong exploring as well as slightly working on the main storyline.

I'm really just trying to complete the 20 bobble heads and finding the 30 Nuka-Cola Quantum's for that woman.
Steeples scrape the sky, Praising God.
Everything here exists for God, is sacrificed to God.
For those who have nothing to sacrifice,
It can be a very heartless city indeed.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Eldo wrote:
Starnum wrote:Well, time to start a new game on hard and play the bad guy this time. I was kind of a goody-goody in my other game. Looking forward to finding anything I might have missed the first time through. Man this game is crazy though. It really was a lot better than I was expecting.
Try badass unarmed character. I wanna give that one a go once I finish the game (when I get the game, that is).
I might just do that. ;)
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

wow fallout 3 sounds nice gotta get that, whats the replayability on it?(As if I have to ask, I can already tell you can play that game over and over again and not get bored.) Anywho I've bought Deadspace and LBP, admittedly I played Deadspace first liked, it than put in LBP(which I thought wasen't as good as the hype but gave it ago anyway.) Well after I decided I'd enough lbp I soon realized 3 days had past. Wonderful game get it if not anything.
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Hey just a quick question. I've heard that the ps3 version of fallout sometimes has graphical glitches not seen on the 360/pc versions. Has anyone encountered this?

Also Mirrors edge. I will be getting it tomorrow. Heres a sample of the gameplay in 2d:
http://www.bornegames.com/?page_id=369
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

lon3vvolf wrote:Hey just a quick question. I've heard that the ps3 version of fallout sometimes has graphical glitches not seen on the 360/pc versions. Has anyone encountered this?

Also Mirrors edge. I will be getting it tomorrow. Heres a sample of the gameplay in 2d:
http://www.bornegames.com/?page_id=369

it's a bethseda game, all three versions have bugs and problems. PS3 version has a bit of hiccup when people sign on or off (just turn it off). So far that is the only problem i have encountered. my roommates have had some freezing problems, but the game auto saves. There truly is nothing too far off that warrants the "best" version. technically the best would be the pc (MODS!) but the ps3 version of fallout 3 is playable.

Also be aware that Mirrors Edge is supposedly like 6 hours of just running (check out 1up review). Though the demo was awesome, i believe that this would only be a rental for me.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

That Mirror's Edge 1up review was awful, all they said about the story was that it sucked. That's it? Not even two sentences? Anyway, I've heard most people clocking in about 8 - 10 hours, but this is the kind of game that is more enjoyable when played again. Maybe if they added more extras it wouldn't be such a difficult decision.

I played the demo several times and I really liked it, but considering how short it is, it should be a little cheaper or at least come with something extra like the Orange Box.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well I beat Fallout 3 already on my quick play-through, and I've already started a new game. I'm going evil this time. I was a goody last time. Looking forward to killing everyone in Megaton and robbing them blind before I blow the place up. So yeah, I would say there's lots of replay value. There's tons of shit to do, I haven't even come close to doing it all yet. I did all the main quests and quite a few side quests, but I know there's plenty more to do.

I borrowed LBP from a friend. It's actually pretty additive. I played it for several hours last night before I went and got the Lich King expansion. I look forward to playing more. I'm having some trouble with boom town though, hopefully I can get past it. I have trophies now! Finally.

So yeah, I'm playing Wrath of the Lich King now. Good stuff. More on that later.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

just got GT5p for 20 bucks, game looks too nice.

socom has been the game for me lately. fuck the reviews, its a game you have to try and honestly it has me.

btw when we gonna get an MGO game going? I feel like i missed everything...
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, I'll play some MGO with you dude. Just name the time and place, though I suck at punctuality. Best bet is to just message me next time we're both on at the same time. ;)
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

GT5p race my GTR. God that car isnt even fair to use...

ADD!

GUYS EVERYONE WITH A PS3 DOWNLOAD THE HOME BETA THEME FROM THE PSN!!! They are giving out a whole batch of home beta codes to test out the servers for this weekend. I just got mine today and d/l the theme two days ago. Right now the beta has roughly 10,000 users and they wish to have the beta goin on upwards to half a million by thanksgiving weekend for a stress test to see when they will release an open beta.

once you get the client (77mb) the actual Home itself is like 3.7 gb, so save some room for it!
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Yeah, I checked my e-mail and sure enough, the beta code was there. I'll see if I can try it out tomorrow on saturday. I'll probably just leave the PS3 downloading through the night.

I don't think I have you, halfnhalf. My psn name is WarMachineDD7, add me.

Edit: The download is only 77MB, after that it only allocates 3.7GB for use and fills it up as you go along. So if you want to visit a certain area, then you download it, otherwise no space is taken. I'm liking it, but I only got to try it out for about 20 minutes before the server kicked me out. I'll check it out again tomorrow.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, I got a code too. Gonna try it out here in just a bit, hope I'm not too late to get in on the beta.

*edit*

I got in there and made my character, checked things out for a while, and customized everything as much as I could. Can't wait for more content to play around with. I hope they don't plan on charging us actual money to buy clothes and stuff for our house. That would be lame. I mean, I could see some things costing money, as that's how these things usually work, but I hope they have extra free content as well. >.>
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

Starnum wrote:Yeah, I got a code too. Gonna try it out here in just a bit, hope I'm not too late to get in on the beta.

*edit*

I got in there and made my character, checked things out for a while, and customized everything as much as I could. Can't wait for more content to play around with. I hope they don't plan on charging us actual money to buy clothes and stuff for our house. That would be lame. I mean, I could see some things costing money, as that's how these things usually work, but I hope they have extra free content as well. >.>
I heard there's something called the white house on it 15 usd, supposed to be the biggest in home. I got my beta code about to enter it in as I type this. I'll see you guys on it soon.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix is worth the 15 bucks. Game is awesome. Playing on pad sucks, but the remix controls make it bearable.

get it so i can get some free wins (hah just kidding)
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

SFII Turbo? Hm, I don't know about that. I'm not too fond of the dated art style in that game, though I've never played the turbo version. I much prefer the SF Alpha series. Besides, I would tear you up at Street Fighter. Heh, just kidding. I'm pretty good though. Can't wait to fight you guys on SFIV. If it plays anything like the other games, which I'm sure it does, then we'll be able to find out who has the maddest SF skills. :P
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Starnum wrote:SFII Turbo? Hm, I don't know about that. I'm not too fond of the dated art style in that game, though I've never played the turbo version. I much prefer the SF Alpha series. Besides, I would tear you up at Street Fighter. Heh, just kidding. I'm pretty good though. Can't wait to fight you guys on SFIV. If it plays anything like the other games, which I'm sure it does, then we'll be able to find out who has the maddest SF skills. :P

The game is ST but with redone sprites. It works. It is ST redone very well. The game still even has all the slow downs and everything from the original game (ie the slow from Guile's SonicBoom sometimes) there is an option to turn off the "original" effects of ST and make it into its own game, but come on, this is ST, THE fighting game.