Berserk 298 - Unleash Your Demons

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Re: Berserk 298 - Unleash Your Demons

Post by Istvan »

Wow. Griffith has clearly found himself an amazing army. Really makes me wonder how Guts is going to be able to deal with them.
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

299 worth the wait :roll:
citanuzuki666
notanewb

Post by citanuzuki666 »

The next chapter is out on the 28th of november :D
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

citanuzuki666 wrote:The next chapter is out on the 28th of november :D
Oh very nice! That's the best news I've had in a while.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Geez you guys could let us release the chapter before you start talking about it. Not your fault, Istvan. It is great news though. Anyway, I know some of you have obviously already read the chapter, can't really blame you for that I guess. I just read our release and the chapter looks great. Don't worry, it should be out soon! 8)
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Istvan wrote:Wow. Griffith has clearly found himself an amazing army. Really makes me wonder how Guts is going to be able to deal with them.
I would imagine Guts laying down some serious pawnage......Considering how an injured, armorless, swordless, Guts was able dish out some serious ass-whooping, against the same Apostle horde during the eclipse.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

The Prince wrote:
Istvan wrote:Wow. Griffith has clearly found himself an amazing army. Really makes me wonder how Guts is going to be able to deal with them.
I would imagine Guts laying down some serious pawnage......Considering how an injured, armorless, swordless, Guts was able dish out some serious ass-whooping, against the same Apostle horde during the eclipse.
Sure. But you also note that he lost that fight in the end. I have no doubt that he'd do damage (although maybe less then during the eclipse if they all concentrated on him, as they didn't there), but he wouldn't win. Since that would be a really stupid ending, I continue to wonder how he's going to deal with that army.
CCS
imanewbie

Post by CCS »

Maybe the Elf King's powers will make Guts invisible to all but the most powerful demons like Zodd and then Griffith. Or it'll place some sort of protection on him.
MY ART (LOTS OF BERSERK FANART) http://ccs1989.deviantart.com
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well I doubt Gatts could take Griffith's entire apostle army at once as well, but I think he'd do a lot better than he did during the eclipse. He has gotten a lot stronger since then, plus he has the DS and the Berserker Armor. It'd be massacre, but at some point they'd probably overwhelm him if they were all attacking him at once. The greater apostles would pose the most threat, like Locus and Grundbeld. I can't wait to see how things turn out, because as things stand, Gatts is gonna have to get a lot stronger. I imagine he'll have help with the apostles though, he just needs a way to beat Griffith.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Istvan wrote:
The Prince wrote:
Sure. But you also note that he lost that fight in the end. I have no doubt that he'd do damage (although maybe less then during the eclipse if they all concentrated on him, as they didn't there), but he wouldn't win. Since that would be a really stupid ending, I continue to wonder how he's going to deal with that army.
Then stop wondering, if your premise involves Guts facing the army alone.....then you answered your own question.

Of course Guts would get slaughtered going at it them by himself.....though taking many down with him. But my point was rather tongue-in-cheek, considering he held his own for awhile against overwhelming odds against the same army under some very adverse conditions.

Yet again, Guts trying to take on the entire apostle army single-handedly at this point in the story would be pretty stupid in itself. Not even sure if he'd be on the winning end against some of the more elite apostles such as Zodd or Moon Knight just one-on-one in their apostle forms.

Though if there ever were such a confrontation to play out I would assume it to play out much differently than the eclipse this time, with capable allies at his side as far as putting up a fight.....ex. the SK, Schierke's elemental magic, allies from Elfenheim(?)...etc....
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Well of course he'll have allies. But it'll still be interesting to see how they can turn the tide. There really aren't all that many people who can hold their own against even one fairly "weak" Apostle, let alone lots of them. And if Elfheim "just happens" to have this army capable of taking out almost the entire Neo Band of the Hawks that would feel really...cheap. I don't mind Schierke taking out a few (along with Serpico, who might be able to beat a couple of weaker ones), and the Kushan prince (I forget his name) and his men taking out one or two, and Guts and SK together can take a bunch, but this still seems to come up way short. Unless the forces of Elfheim take out the majority of the army, which would feel way too Deus Ex Machina for me, and I hope Miura doesn't take that path. Which is why I'm still quite interested to see how it goes.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I don't think the forces at Elfhelm will have anything to do with fighting the Neo Hawks, but you never know I guess. Suffice to say, however, Gatts is going to need a lot of help from somewhere or somehow if him and his crew are going to be taking on ALL of the apostles. Like I say though, Gatts only has to defeat Griffith. There probably will be a big battle, and we'll get to see some great fights with the greater apostles I imagine, but I see Gatts going straight for Griffith if he can, when the time comes. Just like Griffith always said, take out the commander and the troops will fall apart. In the case of the God Hand's defeat, the apostles might literally fall apart. ;P
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Starnum wrote:I don't think the forces at Elfhelm will have anything to do with fighting the Neo Hawks, but you never know I guess. Suffice to say, however, Gatts is going to need a lot of help from somewhere or somehow if him and his crew are going to be taking on ALL of the apostles. Like I say though, Gatts only has to defeat Griffith. There probably will be a big battle, and we'll get to see some great fights with the greater apostles I imagine, but I see Gatts going straight for Griffith if he can, when the time comes. Just like Griffith always said, take out the commander and the troops will fall apart. In the case of the God Hand's defeat, the apostles might literally fall apart. ;P
Perhaps the emperor might deal a huge blow to the apostle army. And I imagine Guts killing a few of the elite apostles over the course of the storyline not directly tied to any full scale conflict, similarly to when Guts faced off against Grumbeld and/or a final battle against Zodd....assuming the SK does not get to Zodd first.

Though at this point how things stand, the overwhelming might we are witnessing from the apostle army, will take much more than Guts and co., to take down.