Berserk 297 - The Blind Giant God

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Re: Berserk 297 - The Blind Giant God

Post by lon3vvolf »

The Herald wrote:Duuuude, no! Dumbass, you've posted pictures of yourself all over this site, you and your Guts cosplaying, now I actually picture that! UGH! Now I must go and wash away that horrible picture with some good old blood and gore from one of the old Golden Age books.
Looks like I've got another stalker... great.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

The Herald wrote:Duuuude, no! Dumbass, you've posted pictures of yourself all over this site, you and your Guts cosplaying, now I actually picture that! UGH! Now I must go and wash away that horrible picture with some good old blood and gore from one of the old Golden Age books.
You know, I was fine until you went and said that. I ought to smack you for that.

*Smacks Herald with a limp pixie*

You see, that's what happens.
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

Dude, what's with you and pixies?
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

fujinsan wrote:
Scrub thoroughly, because you don't want to be in that state when the new chapter comes out. If you are, god help us all. You'll be in a delusional fit for days, seeing vampire bats trying to suck your blood. Luckily you have a flyswatter, which btw immobilizes vampires if you didn't know. Watch the goo you'll need golf shoes to get out of that fucking mess!
Your state of mind is a fucking mess.

Since we both know you are in my debt, please send at least a quarter ounce of that shit you must be smoking to this address (will give it to you over a more private line). Then I'll give you the pager number of a cutie named Silk, a previous stomping ground of mine. She will respond with a text, addressing you as Wayne Sids, requesting for you to leave her your. mailing info. If everything checks out, she will be in contact with my boy Hector with the info, whom I'll be meeting up with manana........
Let's put a smile on that face...............
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Starnum wrote:
You know, I was fine until you went and said that. I ought to smack you for that.

*Smacks Herald with a limp pixie*

You see, that's what happens.
Man, what´s with you and pixies?

They´re like little girls...but smaller.

That´s just weird dude.
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/ful ... c=0&p0=248

A countdown to 8 am japan time on the 24th. just a random time because it seemed unreasonable to set it to 0:00.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Deathbringer wrote:Man, what´s with you and pixies?

That´s just weird dude.
Heheh, it's just a joke. I'm referencing something that happened in the Omake thread.
DrPepperPro wrote:pixie king
Starnum wrote:*Smacks the DPPro with a limp pixie.*

Hey, just because we're both fae doesn't mean there's not a big difference from a higborn elf such as myself and some little pixie, aight?
Anyway, pixies aren't just female. They come in both male and female genders respectively. Most people just imagine them as female as they're more familiar with the iconic Tinkerbell. It's kind of like angels, some people imagine them as women, but in the bible they're always described as being masculine.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Starnum wrote:

That´s just weird dude.
Heheh, it's just a joke. I'm referencing something that happened in the Omake thread.
DrPepperPro wrote:pixie king
Starnum wrote:*Smacks the DPPro with a limp pixie.*

Hey, just because we're both fae doesn't mean there's not a big difference from a higborn elf such as myself and some little pixie, aight?
Anyway, pixies aren't just female. They come in both male and female genders respectively. Most people just imagine them as female as they're more familiar with the iconic Tinkerbell. It's kind of like angels, some people imagine them as women, but in the bible they're always described as being masculine.
Is that how'd you describe yourself?
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Your attempt at levity is teh fail.

What is that even supposed to mean?

Would I describe myself as masculine? I would certainly hope so. :roll:
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Starnum wrote:You attempt at levity is teh fail.

What is that even supposed to mean?

Would I describe myself as masculine? I would certainly hope so. :roll:
Why so serious?

Just found it amusing to hear someone standing up for pixie masculinity.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

The Prince wrote:Why so serious?

Just found it amusing to hear someone standing up for pixie masculinity.
Well Mr. Joker, I'm not really standing up for pixie masculinity. It's just in my nature as a nerd to correct people on their fiction. :P
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

You guys think I'm twisted? I don't post pictures of myself waxing off my chest hair.

The Prince: What the hell? That sounds like something that should be in the interstice, makes no sense

Starnum: don't you think pixie is one of those interchangable words with fairy and elf? Those are both genders, except for in some stories, like Legend of Zelda.

Just think about Fern Gully, the one where Robin Williams plays a demented bat, the male fairies were pretty masculine, the one Christian Slater played was pretty cool.
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

The Herald wrote:Starnum: don't you think pixie is one of those interchangable words with fairy and elf? Those are both genders, except for in some stories, like Legend of Zelda.
What? No, I don't think so. There is a distinct difference between pixies and elves. Both, however, are types of fairies. Most people think of pixies when they hear the word fairy, but that's not actually right. That's why I prefer to use the word fae, as it indicates a species, not a specific race. Anyway, I'm not really sure what you're getting at, but those aren't meant to specify gender either. You can have both male and female elves and pixies. A pixie isn't a female elf, if that's what you're thinking. They're two totally different races. Think of Legolas from LOTR, that's an elf. Puck is a pixie, even though Miura calls him an elf, for some reason. Tinkerbell is a pixie, not an elf. Anyway, none of this really bothers me, I just like to act like it does. :P
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

The Herald wrote:You guys think I'm twisted? I don't post pictures of myself waxing off my chest hair.

The Prince: What the hell? That sounds like something that should be in the interstice, makes no sense

Starnum: don't you think pixie is one of those interchangable words with fairy and elf? Those are both genders, except for in some stories, like Legend of Zelda.

Just think about Fern Gully, the one where Robin Williams plays a demented bat, the male fairies were pretty masculine, the one Christian Slater played was pretty cool.
christian slater played a pixie before? I knew he was a fairy lol. Also that was a video not pictures, and it was class a comedy probably the hardest I've laughed in awhile.
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Starnum wrote:

That´s just weird dude.
Don´t sweat it, i was fucking around anyway. =P
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Starnum wrote:
The Herald wrote:Starnum: don't you think pixie is one of those interchangable words with fairy and elf? Those are both genders, except for in some stories, like Legend of Zelda.
What? No, I don't think so. There is a distinct difference between pixies and elves. Both, however, are types of fairies. Most people think of pixies when they hear the word fairy, but that's not actually right. That's why I prefer to use the word fae, as it indicates a species, not a specific race. Anyway, I'm not really sure what you're getting at, but those aren't meant to specify gender either. You can have both male and female elves and pixies. A pixie isn't a female elf, if that's what you're thinking. They're two totally different races. Think of Legolas from LOTR, that's an elf. Puck is a pixie, even though Miura calls him an elf, for some reason. Tinkerbell is a pixie, not an elf. Anyway, none of this really bothers me, I just like to act like it does. :P
Depends what legend/story you're referencing. Sure, for Tolkien elves were human sized, slender, inhumanly beautiful, etc. etc., but in plenty of other mythos they look basically as Miura depicts them. That's one of the problems with legends (especially legends taken from many different areas that get mixed together), they often conflict. For example, the elves that Tolkien depicts are mostly based on the Sidhe of Celtic mythology, except that the Sidhe didn't have pointed ears.

Just my moment of nerdom.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Oh no, I'm quite aware of conflicting lore. I just prefer to ignore the ones that don't fit my own ideals of how things should be. :P
hbi2k
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by hbi2k »

Keeblur elves are canon. Anything that contradicts their mythos is apocryphal.

(-:

After all, Tolkien elves may be badass (a certain bishonen pirate who played one in certain films notwithstanding) but when's the last time any of them baked you delicious cookies?
Berserk: The Abridged Series: Beating a dead horse with another dead horse.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well I don't know about any cookies, but my brethren and I can make some special brownies that'll knock your socks off. ;)

We're not called high elves for nothin. :P
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

Starnum wrote:Well I don't know about any cookies, but my brethren and I can make some special brownies that'll knock your socks off. ;)

We're not called high elves for nothin. :P
hahahaha. May I have some of that, High elf Starnum? I don't know why but stoner jokes just make me laugh atm.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

No special brownies for you!

This shit ain't free.

"15 bucks, little man, put that shit, in my hand."
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

You know, a little dose of wikipedia could solve this whole argument.
From what I 've read, the original elves, the nordic ones, were mischievous bastards who liked to steal children and do lots of mean stuff to humans just for the sake of making others suffer. When someone was born deformed, people would say that guy had been "struck by the elves".

Well, lets end this already:
"Oh mighty Wikipedia, I summon thee!!
*spreads the canine blood all over the baby's head, giving it the shape of a pentacle, and stabs the poor kid repeatedly with a rusty butter knife. Then he puts the whole mess in the oven and sets it for 30 minutes.*

Ah, right, the link, almost forgot it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elves
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Meh, I never said there weren't different types of elves.

Wiki can suck it.
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

Blasphemy!!

Repent heretic, or judgment shall be cast upon you!

Pray in the only way pleasing to God's eyes.....Mozgus style! :stupid:
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I just think people are becoming too dependent on sites like Wikipedia, which worst of all, is an open-source media which anyone can edit. >.>

Not too say that the information you provided is untrue. Elves are described in lots of ways, and there are lots of different types of elves. I'm just not that fond of the really small kind. I prefer high elves, or even forest elves, which usually only grow to about four feet tall. I don't like Santa's little helpers, or munchkin/gremlin type elves. *shrugs*

We highborn are known to be rather conceited though, so what can I say. I guess it beats being a dwarf. :P