::GANTZ::

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Re: ::GANTZ::

Post by The Prince »

Did anyone notice how Izumi was killed by Host Samurai, the same exact fashion as he killed Tae....being slashed in the back and dying in their lover's arms?

Also, the Host Samurai is pretty badass considering he killed Izumi, Kei, and Akira all in one days work.

BTW....while on the train with Nishi before being attacked, Izumi mentioned the catastrophe. And how there were Gantz teams set up across the world in preparation for the event. Izumi mentions how Japan was not pulling its weight, compared to the likes of the US and Germany, and that he was set out to prove that Japan was the best. I can only imagine how many new Gantz teams we'll get to see when the final battle arives.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

I hate the new chapter it very much so sux. In other news anyone read katekyo hitman reborn?(this chapter didn't deserve a gantz discussion.) :D
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

fujinsan wrote:I hate the new chapter it very much so sux. In other news anyone read katekyo hitman reborn?(this chapter didn't deserve a gantz discussion.) :D
Shut up geek!

Its called character development. What's wrong with adding a little humanity to the story. After the pages and pages of violence and sexual brutality. Chapters like that and the next one bring brevity to the reader that can allow the reader at least relate to the character's as human beings. If you keep throwing crazy violent scenes one after another, with each one crazier than the next. The audience inevitably becomes numb and apathetic to what's happening.

Chapters such as 281 are somewhat an investment into Kurono's character, while hitting on the mindset of someone unaware of all that occurred during his month of freedom and the strangeness of never being a apart of it in his current form.

Don't know if this consitutes a spoiler but...........

[spoiler]Chapter 282 is much more frustrating but really provides insight into the nobility of Kurono's character. But DAAAAAMN I wanted him to smash that prick![/spoiler]
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

The Prince wrote:[spoiler]Chapter 282 is much more frustrating but really provides insight into the nobility of Kurono's character. But DAAAAAMN I wanted him to smash that prick![/spoiler]
[spoiler]I think it was due more to him being lost in thought about the "katastrophe" and his "daylight lantern" situation. If he wasn't dwelling on those facts, he probably would have punched the guy.[/spoiler]
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Haven't read the new chapter, but I agree with you Prince. I liked the last chapter too. As I said before, I think, I'm glad to see Kurono and Tae getting back together. Okay, off to read the new chapter.
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

This chapter´s purpose was to show that with all the recent exposure about Gantz, Kurono is thinking twice before using the suit on petty thugs that think they´re hot shit.

Kurono would have his life ruined if the government discovered that he´s a Gantz player, he´s smarter and shows self control unlike the old Kurono that the moment he realized he could do with the suit, went off a beat the shit out of some assholes that were bullying him.

I hope we get to see the off room life of the other players, like the old man or cherry or even the Osakan players.

On another note, the thug/hot chick relationship is painfully realistic. =/
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

I would have smashed that dude in the end. Everyone is gonna die anyways
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well in the past revealing information about Gantz to the public made your head explode, and when Kurono was getting ready to punch that guy, there were sound effects. I don't know if it was the warning sign or not, but are we even sure they can reveal their Gantz suits outside of a "hunt"? I mean, I know its mostly been exposed at this point, but the safeguard systems may still be in effect. I'd have smashed that guy too, but I doubt Kurono wants his head to explode.
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

ah yeah I see that's what it was. now I know why he didn't punch him
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Starnum wrote:Well in the past revealing information about Gantz to the public made your head explode, and when Kurono was getting ready to punch that guy, there were sound effects. I don't know if it was the warning sign or not, but are we even sure they can reveal their Gantz suits outside of a "hunt"? I mean, I know its mostly been exposed at this point, but the safeguard systems may still be in effect. I'd have smashed that guy too, but I doubt Kurono wants his head to explode.
Are you serious?

Kurono used his suit all the time to beat up dudes outside of a mission.
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

The sounds were proably his suit powering up. He may have not wanted to waste his suit's energy, just in case he was transported by Gantz. Either that, or he may have seen that whoopin that guy's ass doesn't really matter. I'm more inclined with the latter reason, simply because it seems that Gantz has turned Kurono into a good guy.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

The Prince wrote:Are you serious?

Yeah, I am serious. Doesn't mean I can't be wrong though. I don't really know if that's it or not, but I don't ever remember Kurono beating anyone up with his suit. All we've really seen him do is resist damage. Remember that time that punk from earlier in the serious tried to use one of the guns on some gang members and it made his head explode? Well anyway, if Kurono had punched that guy at full force, which it looked like he was going to do, it would've crushed his face and probably have killed him. That would have obviously been inhuman, or at the very least anyone who knows Kurono would know that he shouldn't be that strong. Maybe I'm over thinking it and he was just showing restraint, but my theory is far from implausible so I see no reason to be surprised by it. *shrugs*
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

I think using the stuff is fine as long as you don't give away anything about Gantz. That thug did kill someone with the gun before, but it was him yelling about Gantz to the bikers that got his head exploded.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, you're probably right. He did yell out Gantz's name, and ultimately it was his undoing.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Starnum wrote:
The Prince wrote:Are you serious?

Yeah, I am serious. Doesn't mean I can't be wrong though. I don't really know if that's it or not, but I don't ever remember Kurono beating anyone up with his suit. All we've really seen him do is resist damage. Remember that time that punk from earlier in the serious tried to use one of the guns on some gang members and it made his head explode? Well anyway, if Kurono had punched that guy at full force, which it looked like he was going to do, it would've crushed his face and probably have killed him. That would have obviously been inhuman, or at the very least anyone who knows Kurono would know that he shouldn't be that strong. Maybe I'm over thinking it and he was just showing restraint, but my theory is far from implausible so I see no reason to be surprised by it. *shrugs*

Izumi went all out full force when he fought the legion of Vamps..........And nothing hsppened to him regarding Gantz punishing him.

Also Kurono used his suit to beat up Muscle Rider before he got killed.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

The Prince wrote:Izumi went all out full force when he fought the legion of Vamps..........And nothing hsppened to him regarding Gantz punishing him.

I thought you might bring that up. Well the vampires aren't normal, so I didn't figure they mattered. As for Kurono's fight with Kaze, I don't remember him actually seriously hurting Kaze, but it's been a while, maybe I just forgot. If he had hit that Ryou-loser with the full force of the Gantz suit it would've crushed the dude's head. Like I don't remember him every doing anything that someone saw and could think "That's humanly impossible!", but yeah he did defend himself against those bullies too, so I don't know what I was thinking. Anyway, you're probably just not supposed to say anything about Gantz, so that's probably why that one guy died. I just didn't get why Kurono held back on that loser, talkin about his girl, I would've punched his face in, but I guess Kurono's in another world right now and doesn't feel like doing that. *shrugs*
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Starnum wrote:
The Prince wrote:Izumi went all out full force when he fought the legion of Vamps..........And nothing hsppened to him regarding Gantz punishing him.

I thought you might bring that up. Well the vampires aren't normal, so I didn't figure they mattered. As for Kurono's fight with Kaze, I don't remember him actually seriously hurting Kaze, but it's been a while, maybe I just forgot. If he had hit that Ryou-loser with the full force of the Gantz suit it would've crushed the dude's head. Like I don't remember him every doing anything that someone saw and could think "That's humanly impossible!", but yeah he did defend himself against those bullies too, so I don't know what I was thinking. Anyway, you're probably just not supposed to say anything about Gantz, so that's probably why that one guy died. I just didn't get why Kurono held back on that loser, talkin about his girl, I would've punched his face in, but I guess Kurono's in another world right now and doesn't feel like doing that. *shrugs*
True....I'll be the first to admit I don't fully understand Gantz's rules outside the mission's.....nor inside for that matter. But to be honest there have always been lingering issues within the story that remain confusing to me, which I could take up a full page trying to dwell on. Ex,) Why the fuck does Nishi know so much? How did Izumi know about Catastrophe and the existence of Gantz teams around the world (discussed with Nishi prior to vampire ambush), when he should have been a relative newb upon having his memory wiped prior to rejoining Gantz?

Regarding in-between missions nothing has really been established, as far as I'm concerned, for what is/isn't allowed. Considering the issue of secrecy, since all missions are now open to the public, keeping everything on the DL shouldn't be that much of a concern......Or should it? During missions, at least the rules have been defined to some extent for the reader, but even then these rules have shifted dramatically since the earlier missions. It seems Gantz does whatever Gantz feels like doing. In just the last couple missions alone there have been dramatic changes such as (for starters)......Missions now are interactive with rest of world, no time limits, actively shrinking boundaries, etc.......

Though one could make the argument, the line between missions and reality outside of missions are rather blurry at this point. Now that missions have become public, and members are being hunted down in-between.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, it really does seem like Gantz just does whatever the hell he wants, heh. He makes up these weird rules and just changes them around at will. It does feel like the story is inconsistent at times too, but maybe that's just because of Gantz's fickle nature, who knows? As for Izumi, didn't he get his memory back when he rejoined the Gantz team? Also, he had been reading Nishi's webpage before that, so that's prolly how he knew about some of that stuff. I'm not sure how Nishi knows so much, maybe he's actually like an inside man or something.
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

The Prince wrote:
fujinsan wrote:I hate the new chapter it very much so sux. In other news anyone read katekyo hitman reborn?(this chapter didn't deserve a gantz discussion.) :D
Shut up geek!

Its called character development. What's wrong with adding a little humanity to the story. After the pages and pages of violence and sexual brutality. Chapters like that and the next one bring brevity to the reader that can allow the reader at least relate to the character's as human beings. If you keep throwing crazy violent scenes one after another, with each one crazier than the next. The audience inevitably becomes numb and apathetic to what's happening.

Chapters such as 281 are somewhat an investment into Kurono's character, while hitting on the mindset of someone unaware of all that occurred during his month of freedom and the strangeness of never being a apart of it in his current form.

Don't know if this consitutes a spoiler but...........

[spoiler]Chapter 282 is much more frustrating but really provides insight into the nobility of Kurono's character. But DAAAAAMN I wanted him to smash that prick![/spoiler]
Yeah for once I'll admit when I'm wrong in saying you were right there was alot of character development in that chapter, I mean showing each character doing exactly what they do in each chapter is character development, I guess, but I'm not a geek, nerd. I did like the newest chapter though, this one actually gives insight into kei's character, showing his background before gantz. It was good also to note how he doesn't strike humans, probably because he's gotten used to saving their lives but not getting credit for it.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Starnum wrote:Yeah, it really does seem like Gantz just does whatever the hell he wants, heh. He makes up these weird rules and just changes them around at will. It does feel like the story is inconsistent at times too, but maybe that's just because of Gantz's fickle nature, who knows? As for Izumi, didn't he get his memory back when he rejoined the Gantz team? Also, he had been reading Nishi's webpage before that, so that's prolly how he knew about some of that stuff. I'm not sure how Nishi knows so much, maybe he's actually like an inside man or something.
Why hasn't Gantz been pissed about Nishi making such a webpage?

And BTW despite a few bouts of deja vu and utilizing his GAntz suit and abilities/weapons like an expert, memory was not restored. As Izumi could still not remember anything about Nishi.

I agree that there is more to Nishi than has been let on. Strange how he has never gotten to a 100 despite the story making it appear that he had been doing missions for a long time.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

The Prince wrote:Why hasn't Gantz been pissed about Nishi making such a webpage?

I agree that there is more to Nishi than has been let on. Strange how he has never gotten to a 100 despite the story making it appear that he had been doing missions for a long time.
I have wondered the same things.
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

Starnum wrote:
The Prince wrote:Why hasn't Gantz been pissed about Nishi making such a webpage?

I have wondered the same things.
Could Ishi be a Gantz spy?
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Because that was Nishi´s way of talking about Gantz without actually saying anything.
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

Deathbringer wrote:

Because that was Nishi´s way of talking about Gantz without actually saying anything.
So Gantz is a noob at teh internetz.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

DrPepperPro wrote:
Deathbringer wrote:

So Gantz is a noob at teh internetz.
SHHhhhh......be careful, I'm sure if he hasn't yet already, Gantz may be familiarizing himself with the net right now as we speak. And probably would not appreciate being called a noob.

Though I doubt he texts all that much, so text-speak might be a safe bet.