Video Game Mini-Reviews

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

tim
imanewbie

Re: Video Game Mini-Reviews

Post by tim »

ill give my take on some of my ps3 library

Uncharted: Played through it once, and really enjoyed it. great exploration, great looks, great story and very lengthy gunfights against annoyingly decent AI. its probably a mix of tomb raider and gears of war and its a little short. for some reason though i havent really felt like replaying it.

Dynasty warriors 6: same shit different number.

DMC4: quite enjoyable, a lot weaker than DMC3 though. theres still quite a lot of fights you can get your teeth in to and decent, but few, boss fights. completed all modes on both games, DMD mode isnt as annoying on 4 as 3 (devil triggered stone archers taking off about 60% of you hp in 1 hit and dashing away from you), but it is a little too easy, same with hell and hell mode since you get 3 yellow stones anyway and dont have to restart the level on a continue. also the stage where you are dante vs the saviour fucking sucks to get an S on and put me off going for all the achievements - not that they matter on ps3 lazy capcom fucks.

MGS4: awesome, i think i got the full experience out of it since i played a lot of all the previous games when they were released and really enjoyed them. ive completed it on the boss extreme and it was fun but ive not got round to doing a big boss emblem run. i also really like MGO and have play about 5 hours per week consistently, which is strange for me considering i usually mass play something then get bored and shelf it.

Super stardust HD: got the vanilla thing of it with none of the expansions. its a very simple and challenging shmup, it was definatley worth buying.
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Bionic Commando Rearmed: ps3 version.
Great, depending on what type of player you are. I just beat the game so I can say it was quite fun and very faithful to the original. If you play through a game just to beat it, the $10 is worth your money. However if you're the kind of person to try and find everything hidden in the game its going to take you longer than just several hours. Sometimes the control isn't perfect and you end up swinging somewhere you don't want to, particularly in the challenge rooms. Replaying the levels is more enjoyable once you have all the upgrades and such. The music is awesome as well. Bought the digital download of it. If you haven't bough anything off the PS3 store you should give it a try. One gripe I have with the game is when you near the end. I wanted to see Hitlers face when he gets reanimated instead of it being blocked by a mask. Blew that asshole up anyway :D

I'm replaying it trying to find everything now and get 5 stars or better on the challenge rooms. After 200+ attempts on some rooms I want to break my DualShock3 :evil: Speaking of... I'm actually ranked 17th on room 3! Under 4 seconds.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Mega-Man 9 makes me want to simultaneously high-five everyone in the immediate vicinity out of happiness and drop kick a small animal out of frustration.

Haven't felt that way about a game in too long.
ImageImage
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

I heard they're planning about 5 different DLC packs. And the Proto Man pack is pretty lousy. I'm not liking the DLC.

The game itself does looks pretty awesome, I'll probably get it when it comes out for the PS3 (3 more days).
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

Tempest wrote:simultaneously high-five everyone in the immediate vicinity out of happiness and drop kick a small animal out of frustration.
Same here for the wait of mgs4, which I give a 10 for awesomeness. :D
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

I got Mega Man 9 and it's pretty good. I was really proud when I beat Galaxy Man without using continues, but after getting 3 on a couple of different levels, I'm starting to feel the difficulty setting in. And don't buy the hairstyle book, it looks cool you will receive more damage per hit.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel