Little known Berserk facts...

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Gatzz
Mastered PM

Post by Gatzz »

dos.azn wrote:
Femto wrote:You'll get teh ban for talking to Orochimaru like that.
well we can't help it if little runts don't know their place around here
Sorry, Mr.BigShot...

im just depressed with my own life because im a male yet i wasnt born with a penis. the closest ive gotten to gettin some ass was when i was being breastfed by my mother. im sorry
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Gatzz wrote:Sorry, Mr.BigShot...

You should be :wink:

I like it when people refer me to as Mr. Supreme Ruler and Dictator of the Universe. So far none has done so yet... :roll: :twisted:

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

bleh i cant talk big. im not around as much these days anywayz
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Gatzz wrote:im just depressed with my own life because im a male yet i wasnt born with a penis. the closest ive gotten to gettin some ass was when i was being breastfed by my mother. im sorry
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Double OUCH! :twisted:

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

i'm not the one that edited that, but thanx, im wishing i did now! :lol:
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Heh... :!:
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Kêthêrîc wrote:noone likes to bend over and take it up the ass. :oops:
Well, you know what they say. Don't show your ass, and it won't get plugged. Wait...I don't think anyone says that. Anyway, you get the picture.
Gatzz
Mastered PM

Post by Gatzz »

Whatever makes you people feel powerfull ;)
Kêthêrîc
This is my new home

Post by Kêthêrîc »

Starnum wrote:
Kêthêrîc wrote:noone likes to bend over and take it up the ass. :oops:
Well, you know what they say. Don't show your ass, and it won't get plugged. Wait...I don't think anyone says that. Anyway, you get the picture.
maybe i'll start using that one more often.
Sahlen
Found the Edit button

Post by Sahlen »

There's one thing I've always been asking myself.
How long is Guts sword?
I think many people already have fucked you up with this question :roll:
So I won't ask that :P
I'm asking how tall Guts is. :D

Edit: I don't know if it is said how tall, how big or whatever what. Sorry for the bad English
|||||||
Mastered PM

Post by ||||||| »

By the way, who the heck do you think Rakshas is? The strange killer who looks like a piece of cloth with mask. I mean he protects griffith and said that it's because he will be the one to take his head. Hie origin and purpose is not known. I believe he is kushan since Sillat seems to know him, but everything else seems to lie in darkness. facts? guesses? someone who found some clues?
Since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved.

Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Maybe he was once a Bakiraka.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Gatzz: *Shakes his head* I guess you still don’t get it. Oh well, think whatever you want.

Sahlen: Check the FAQ, I’ve added an entry for your question. ;)
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

its ok starnum, he'll get it in due time
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Sahlen wrote:There's one thing I've always been asking myself.
How long is Guts sword?

Edit: I don't know if it is said how tall, how big or whatever what. Sorry for the bad English
We, like, had those threads back in DP. It's like history repeating itself! Deja Vu!

As for Rakshas, I find those types of creatures/spirits in other anime and mangas too, like Spirited Away and various others. It must be a Japanese thing, that Western audiences are not aware of. :?

There's a enemy in Jade Empire that is like a Rakshas type monster. And that game is set in an oriental setting.
Look at this from Gamespot.

MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

Buzkashi wrote:Maybe he was once a Bakiraka.
did it ever say that he was or atleast insinuated that he was? i remember somewhere him and that word being used together...or im just pulling that out of my ass :). but I figured that he was from another sect of the Kushan who wanted to take sole credit for killing Griffith, but for some reason wanted to wait for a set time. probably due to some prediction from one of their oracles.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

He was an exile if I recall...so it's certain he messed with some stuff he shouldn't have :? . Perhaps he was a sorcerer that was with dark magical arts and eventually corruption and darkness eventually consumed him? Or maybe he used the behelit at some stage to become what he is? He did seem to know about the background of the monster-producing plant...

MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

that makes sense, though i think that he probably was consumed willingly :). he could also be going after griffith's head to ingratiate himself back into the kushan.
Gatzz
Mastered PM

Post by Gatzz »

Eldo wrote:
Sahlen wrote:There's one thing I've always been asking myself.
How long is Guts sword?

We, like, had those threads back in DP. It's like history repeating itself! Deja Vu!

As for Rakshas, I find those types of creatures/spirits in other anime and mangas too, like Spirited Away and various others. It must be a Japanese thing, that Western audiences are not aware of. :?

There's a enemy in Jade Empire that is like a Rakshas type monster. And that game is set in an oriental setting.
Look at this from Gamespot.

Yeah, in Spirited Away it was called a "No-Face" if im right... (?)
But it wasnt very fast.
Dont know if it is a Japanese myth or anything...
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

Do any of you get the feeling that you're kind of reading a H.P. Lovecraft story due to the fact of the design of monsters and the situations that the characters are put in. I don't know if it's ever been mentioned before, but I'm pretty sure Miura looks to have been influenced by Lovecraft.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Yeah, I think I read about that somewhere, but I think it was mentioned as an analogy only. I haven't read Lovecraft myself, so I really can't say.

Nice avatar BTW... Looks like Hyung Tae Kim stuff...
Gatzz
Mastered PM

Post by Gatzz »

Dont know if it was allready mentioned in this thread before, but I have another movie that seems to be inspiration to Berserk.

"Willow"

I've seen so much in that movie that reminded me at Berserk.
A knight with a skull-like helmet.
Those trolls looked much like the trolls Miura draw.
There are even magic acorn's (tree-fruit?) he can throw.
One of the main charachters even uses his foot to handle a sword on the ground in a main fight (remember Guts fighting Zod) :D
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Well is this Willow any good?
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

Willow is an all time classic. You should check it out, but it's in no way as dark and as treacherous as Berserk.

But in terms of monster design and storytelling it resembles H.P. Lovecraft work perfectly.