Berserk 297 - The Blind Giant God

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Lara Skadi
notanewb

Re: Berserk 297 - The Blind Giant God

Post by Lara Skadi »

lon3vvolf wrote:*shudders* Hey just a question here... are you from the South (no offense to anyone from the south)

The reason I ask... Aren't Farnese and Serpico half sis/bro? From what I recall their father slept with a commoner and had Serpico.
south? south of.. where? I didn't get it u.u

And about them two, he's hers with or without any kind of incestry... though that could happen, as people said, since it wasn't uncommon between nobles - and she doesn't even know about their relativeness.
I wonder if he'll ever want to marry someone someday - that would go against that particular odd master and servant relashionship they have.
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Lara Skadi wrote: south? south of.. where? I didn't get it u.u
In America there is a stereotype about people from the southern parts of America. This applies to areas with lots of farmland and home to many 'rednecks.' The stereotype about 'the south' is they marry/reproduce within the family. Though mostly false (i hope) you can see a lot of this joke in TV shows and such.

As far as relationships in Berserk go, the only one I am certain is of Guts and Caska.
With a possible exception to Shierke and Isidro... but I see Shierke killing him instead :wink:
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

For the record, he's talking about the south United States, not South America. ;)

I'm from the mid-west, my state didn't even join the federation until after the civil war, but I'm close enough to the southern states to have had experience with peoples from the South. Sad to say, some of the stereotypes are true. That's to say it's like any stereotype though, there is some truth to it, but it doesn't apply to all people of that type.
Lara Skadi
notanewb

Post by Lara Skadi »

Starnum wrote:For the record, he's talking about the south United States, not South America. ;)
Oh, I see now. That's the confusion I had - and I didn't know about this story of southern people either. Weird, uh? But I could see it happening somehow.
talking about stereotypes, I know about it :? I live in Brazil and there are things I hear that can't help but amaze me with such criativity ô.ô
lon3vvolf wrote:As far as relationships in Berserk go, the only one I am certain is of Guts and Caska.
With a possible exception to Shierke and Isidro... but I see Shierke killing him instead :wink:
It does look like schierke and Isidro will have something (a crush, maybe?)... nothing against it, but I really hope from the bottom of my heart things won't end with everyone getting a pair :? that'd be so... I don't know u.u
lordmulatto
Found the Edit button

Post by lordmulatto »

i think its more like ishidoro and schierk have a brother sister relationship cuz well thats how they treat each other
also when you see all of them together they seem like a family
Guts = father
bitch(serpico) = oldest brother
pansy ass(farneze) = oldest daughter
retard(caska) = retarded mother'
ishidoro = little bit older than the youngest brother
schierk = youngest

(note: this is all some bullshit i felt like posting)
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Yes, that is indeed some stupid shit. I think there will be something between Isidro and Shierke, they keep giving each other that very awkward 'look'. Guts and Casca, no duh, a shit load of the story of berserk is based on that romance. I think Roderick and Farnese have a real chance. But Serpico's so cool that he really needs some kind of sexual encounter. And then there's Charlotte and Griffith, but Griffith is ... well, yknow. Charlotte's probably gonna get pregnant soon. Then there's Mule and Sonia. And what about Silat? he's got that whole cool exiled prince thing going on, like the prince of persia.
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

lordmulatto wrote:i think its more like ishidoro and schierk have a brother sister relationship cuz well thats how they treat each other
Guts = father
schierk = youngest

(note: this is all some bullshit i felt like posting)
Are you speaking from your own family? Just kidding!

This lack of update is killing me. About Silat, that solves your question about Serpico... Let that sink in for a minute. Yeah I went there.
lordmulatto
Found the Edit button

Post by lordmulatto »

The Herald wrote:Yes, that is indeed some stupid shit. I think there will be something between Isidro and Shierke, they keep giving each other that very awkward 'look'. Guts and Casca, no duh, a shit load of the story of berserk is based on that romance. I think Roderick and Farnese have a real chance. But Serpico's so cool that he really needs some kind of sexual encounter. And then there's Charlotte and Griffith, but Griffith is ... well, yknow. Charlotte's probably gonna get pregnant soon. Then there's Mule and Sonia. And what about Silat? he's got that whole cool exiled prince thing going on, like the prince of persia.
silats to cool for women
Lara Skadi
notanewb

Post by Lara Skadi »

lordmulatto wrote:i think its more like ishidoro and schierk have a brother sister relationship cuz well thats how they treat each other
Guts = father
schierk = youngest
heh I feel like that too, but why can't "old brothers" turn into a couple after growing up a bit? :P
about farnese's roll in that, sometimes it feels like schierke is older than her :roll: - and for me she and Serpico are aunt and uncle
The Herald wrote:But Serpico's so cool that he really needs some kind of sexual encounter.
I don't think he's that cool, but I can't see him getting anyone...
The Herald wrote:I think Roderick and Farnese have a real chance.
Yeah, he praises her and she accepts it well (she likes it), but it's not like they'll fall in love, if things stay in that way (but you never know, things happen...). And, not wanting to repeat myself but already doing it, Farnee-chan's got to get jealous to do something funny :D
lordmulatto
Found the Edit button

Post by lordmulatto »

you know how much incest is in japanese comics
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Well, you do realize that the Japanese have a hive mind like bees, that's why they all think alike, no matter where they are. Bees don't care about incest, why should the Japanese?
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Riiight...*Makes the "he's crazy" gesture when Herald isn't looking*

Yeah, that...totally makes sense. >.>

:P
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

The Herald wrote:Well, you do realize that the Japanese have a hive mind like bees, that's why they all think alike, no matter where they are. Bees don't care about incest, why should the Japanese?
Um....yeah. You know, I think it might be time for you to move into a nice, cozy room with padded walls where kind people will take care of all of your needs, all day long. Yep, definately getting to that time.
uncempt
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by uncempt »

The Herald wrote:Well, you do realize that the Japanese have a hive mind like bees, that's why they all think alike, no matter where they are. Bees don't care about incest, why should the Japanese?
So if a random Japanese person on the street doesn't know when the next chapter is out, then neither does Miura?
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

At this point Miura doesn't really count as a normal Japanese person anymore. But any urbanite Japanese person, cmon, you can't say they don't all think alike, and there's so many of em. No individuality. Manga is a good example of this, with very few exceptions like Berserk or FMA. And you do realize the best ones out there, like the ones I mentioned, are based outside of Japan and Japanese culture. But then again, there always is a 1% exception to every rule.
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

Lol, Herald, you're so funny! I mean yes, the cultural norms in Japan account for a lot of the similarities, but every Japanese person does not think alike!
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

dialdfordesi wrote:Lol, Herald, you're so funny! I mean yes, the cultural norms in Japan account for a lot of the similarities, but every Japanese person does not think alike!
I think Harald is joking. Sure hope so, anyway. Because if he's serious...well let's just say that it would raise disturbing questions about him and leave it at that.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Oh I think we already had some disturbing questions raised when he said he wanted to dress like Farnese. :P
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

And pork fat chicks, let's not forget about that.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

Hey man, by being in a fraternity, I can tell you that the fat chick thing is sometimes the status quo.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

Every now and then I suppose a man needs a pillow.
Bow to Golbez
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

The Herald wrote:At this point Miura doesn't really count as a normal Japanese person anymore. But any urbanite Japanese person, cmon, you can't say they don't all think alike, and there's so many of em. No individuality. Manga is a good example of this, with very few exceptions like Berserk or FMA. And you do realize the best ones out there, like the ones I mentioned, are based outside of Japan and Japanese culture. But then again, there always is a 1% exception to every rule.
Urbanite Japanese person? Have you ever been down to the Ginza district in Tokyo?

And Japanese culture plays a huge role, represented many times more than any other, in their Mangas and Anime.

But then again, there always is a 1% exception to every rule.
Huh?
you can't say they don't all think alike, and there's so many of them. No individuality
Congratulations.....!!!!!

You are officially deemed the forum retard!
Let's put a smile on that face...............
FightClub
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by FightClub »

Starnum wrote:Oh I think we already had some disturbing questions raised when he said he wanted to dress like Farnese. :P
The fuck? Herald? Where the fuck was that? Right under his "I want to make a berserk bedspread so I can sleep on guts?" Or does he mean his dragonslayer? :lol:
Rolos wrote:-He was born from a corpse? Has been killing (or assisting in the process) people ever since he was 5? Hahahaa...talk about having a shitty life. Its hilarious because he's not me.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

FightClub wrote:
Starnum wrote:Oh I think we already had some disturbing questions raised when he said he wanted to dress like Farnese. :P
The fuck? Herald? Where the fuck was that? Right under his "I want to make a berserk bedspread so I can sleep on guts?" Or does he mean his dragonslayer? :lol:
I think it was the same post where he mentioned that he was thinking about cosplaying as Slann, actually. Which also, admitedly, raised some serious questions about him.
Buuhan1
Mastered PM

Post by Buuhan1 »

I think Miura's age is catching up to him.

Editor: Umm... you haven't worked on Berserk for several months.
Miura: ... the hell's Berserk?!

I kid of course. Here's to 298 hopefully coming out soon.
I think Guts is a pretty cool guy, eh kills shit an doesn't afraid of anything.