Currently Watching?

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

Tempz
Found the Edit button

Re: Currently Watching?

Post by Tempz »

I finished Nana a few days ago..wow. It was the first time I ever got sick to my stomach from watching an anime(maybe it was the 4-5 cups of coffee). It was the episode where the [spoiler]strawberry glass breaks[/spoiler] episode 34 I think. That scene where she's in the other room was seriously messed up. Anyone know if it follows the manga exactly? Probably start reading that if it does.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Finished Eureka Seven yesterday. It. Was. Awesome. Although the ending kinda mad me a little sad.
[spoiler]But at least Renton and Eureka were shown coming back to earth the next year.[/spoiler]
Can't wait for the movie to come out.

Anyway think I'm gonna watch the latest few eps of Bleach today and after that I will probably, eventually, start with Code Geass :D
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

Man, took you long enough......I cant believe you still haven't watched Code Geass.

I am currently watching Eureka Seven, and, even though the fact that the main character is such a retard bothers me a lot, in an overall view I think this series is pretty decent. I would rate it with 7 out of 10 points.

PS: Hey Tempz, what manga is your avatar from?

It looks pretty awesome.
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
Tempz
Found the Edit button

Post by Tempz »

Rolos wrote:PS: Hey Tempz, what manga is your avatar from?

It looks pretty awesome.
It's from the manwha Shin Angyo Onshi.
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

Just finished watching Eureka 7. What can I say? It rocks.

I would normally discard any anime in which the main character is a 14 year old boy, but I actually enjoyed watching it a lot, seeing how he evolved from being a little wimp who complained about everything and couldn't stomach the fact that he was killing people when destroying LFO's, to a strong willed young man who was willing to do anything if it was going to allow him being with his loved one.

I am not much of a romantic, in fact, I don't even understand the concept of self-sacrifice, but let me tell you, if you are planing to watch a love story, make it this one.

PS: I guess I should start watching One Piece now.....I mean, I went through all the trouble of downloading the first 300 episodes, but I just cant bring myself to do it....what i have heard about the plot sounds so.....childish. Is it really like that?
If thats the case, Anyone knows of any good series I could watch instead?
Last edited by Rolos on Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Diogenes of Sinope
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Rolos wrote:Just finished watching Eureka 7. What can I say? It rocks.

I would normally discard any anime in which the main character is a 14 year old boy, but I actually enjoyed watching it a lot, seeing how he evolved from being a little wimp who complained about everything and couldn't stomach the fact that he was killing people when destroying LFO's, to a strong willed young man who was willing to do anything if it was going to allow him being with his loved one.

I am not much of a romantic, in fact, I don't even understand the concept of self-sacrifice, but let me tell you, if you are planing to watch a love story, make it this one.
I completely second that, especially the last paragraph. One of the best animes I've ever seen.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Rolos wrote:Just finished watching Eureka 7. What can I say? It rocks.

I was watching that series before when it came out. My harddrive broke down on me though and I lost which episode I was on so never watched it to the end.
A little annoying really, cant remember all that much either from where I stopped..
[spoiler]Was somewhere around episode 66 perhaps where the humans has started to open up portals to get to kill some. I think.[/spoiler]

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
anon
imanewbie

Post by anon »

code geass r2. shit is cash, but the animation gets a bit ridiculous sometimes.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Started watching Genshiken yesterday. First 6 episodes are awesome. A show made by otaku, about otaku, for otaku :D
Dominion
This is my new home

Post by Dominion »

Aura Battler Dunbine
"Happiness is an inside job"
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Genshiken + OVAs + Second season was really nice.

Now I'm watching School Rumble and Minami-ke parallel. Both are really fun slice of life comedies, although SR is more slapstick like.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Code Geass: R2

This series is turning out a lot better than I expected.

I'm still watching my regular still running series too, as always. You know, Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, D.Gray-man, etc. ;)
Tempz
Found the Edit button

Post by Tempz »

I just finished Shura no Toki. It had some of the most realistic fight scenes I've seen so far..but that was about the only thing it had going for it.

I started Inukami! and I'm mostly just waiting on Gintama episodes to be subbed while watching a couple episodes of Noein on the side every now and then.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Got a tip from a friend to check this anime out;

Nabari no Ou

it seems like it could be good but is anyone here watching it and can tell me what they think?

Otherwise I´ve been a bit of from watching the animes I follow (Have all episodes of every anime on my HD so I just need to take the time to catch up) since its been such good weather lately :)
Is Bleach still lost in filler land?

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Sure, Bleach Filler arc just started like 10-15 episodes before the latest. And considering the Bounto arc I'd say this filler will take around 30-40 episodes again? Meh.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I hate filler.

Oh, I started watching Busou Renkin. It's by the same mangaka who made Rurouni Kenshin. It's pretty cool so far.
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

Alright, so I haven't watched any anime for nearly a year and lately I have had an urge to get back into it. Any suggestions on what to watch?
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Gaiseric wrote:Alright, so I haven't watched any anime for nearly a year and lately I have had an urge to get back into it. Any suggestions on what to watch?
If you haven't seen them already, Eureka Seven and Lucky Star are must-sees :D
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, like I was saying, Code Geass is really good too.
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Starting Birdy the Mighty: Decode, i lovd the original OAVs and so far this first episode seems diferent but fresh, the art style is not exactly to my tastes but the so far superior animation compensates that fact.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I think I'm gonna go watch some more Eureka 7, I've heard great things about it.
miyagiCE
Tastes like burning!

Post by miyagiCE »

You people should watch Detroit Metal City. 8)
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Is it anything like "Detroit Rock City"?
miyagiCE
Tastes like burning!

Post by miyagiCE »

Nope, nothing like it! It's got more DEATH and more ROFL. 8)
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

Man, I just devoted like.......I don't know, 3 days in a row, to the sole purpose of watching anime.
Needles to say, I feel like shit.

Now, my review on what I just watched:

Genshiken and OVAS: [spoiler]I would give it a 6 out of ten. The plot was, well, completely non-existent and the way the main character lost importance right after the second that blond chick joined the club made an otherwise fun watch a complete waste of time. Seriously, you shouldn't watch this, it is, excepting a few moments, dull and unexciting. Besides, the show they talk about all the time, kushiki unbalance, sucks. Bigtime.[/spoiler]

Genshiken 2: [spoiler]Watching this made the time I spent watching Genshiken 1 worthwhile, I mean, it was fun. Not just fun, it was awesome. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Unlike the first one, in this show you are actually going to see something happening. The plot regains its focus on the main character, and we get to see some development in the way he relates with people. This one gets......8.5/10. If you are interested in slice of life comedies, you should watch it.[/spoiler]

Basilisk: [spoiler]I watched this one with the highest expectations you could ever have. Seriously, I was told it was going to make me think of Berserk as some fan-made piece of crap. Well, I think that could explain my disappointment. DO NOT WATCH THIS SERIES, unless of course, you are interested in watching a Japanese version of Romeo and Juliet, because thats what it is. The one real difference is......everyone is a ninja!!! yay!! we get to see shurikens and weird ass ninjutsu (actually, its ninpou, but in the end the word is used in the same way). This series sucks, do yourself a favor and just skip its name if you are browsing through the shelves of a store or the endless stacks of da Intarweb. Basilisk gets a 3/10, and only because of its fighting scenes, which are pretty awesome.[/spoiler]

I am about to head out to a party (or at least I think it is, I mean, you call a party something a friend of yours organized in the last ten minutes of the last class you had, right?), and tomorrow, I am considering starting with Birdy the mighty: decode, though I am still not sure if its gonna be worth downloading.
Is it good, or should I just watch something else?

PS: This may seem a little repetitive, but I have to say this AGAIN:
Aetherfukz, stop watching slice of life comedies and start with Code geass!!! Dude, you have no idea how awesome it is.
What you are doing is like choosing Gilmore girls over the Dark Knight and the Lord of the Rings combined!!
Yeah, School Rumble is fun (it actually is, especially the second season), but its nothing compared to Code Geass!

Dude, Haruhi commands it!!
~Diogenes of Sinope