RIP Bernie Mac/ Isaac Hayes

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

RIP Bernie Mac/ Isaac Hayes

Post by Buzkashi »

Damn...

Maybe southpark will have a REAL death of Chef ep now.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Re: RIP Bernie Mac/ Isaac Hayes

Post by War Machine »

Hayes too? That sucks, I had only heard of Bernie Mack.

What a shame, they were both great people.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
lordmulatto
Found the Edit button

Post by lordmulatto »

god now chef is really dead
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Do scientologists believe in an after life?

Just checking.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Wow, that's crazy, and sucky. Well, my best to their families.
newbified
n00b Smasher

Post by newbified »

Buzkashi wrote:Do scientologists believe in an after life?

Just checking.
Reincarnation I believe.

To be quite honest, I really didn't know much about Issac Hayes other than the fact that he was the voice of Chef on South Park until he left the show amid the conflict with his work and his religious beliefs.

Not a huge fan of Bernie Mac either, but I did enjoy his acting in a couple movies, and his sitcom had some humorous moments.

Still, hope the best for their respective families.
Steeples scrape the sky, Praising God.
Everything here exists for God, is sacrificed to God.
For those who have nothing to sacrifice,
It can be a very heartless city indeed.
Laik
This is my new home

Post by Laik »

Yeah, it's messed up.

At any rate, I knew about Hayes thanks to the Shaft theme long before I even knew about South Park.
EG needs some help. Please feel free to contact us if you want to become a part of the staff.
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

I saw a picture of Isaac Hayes in his glory days, chains and all. HIs funky songs were pretty good, and I liked Bernie Mac in the Kings of Comedy. It's sad that they've passed away.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

No disrespect and all, but has anyone noticed that stars are dropping like flies lately? I mean first and foremost The joker(Heath ledger) B - mac, and Isaac Hayes...etc. I find it very peculiar.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

fujinsan wrote:No disrespect and all, but has anyone noticed that stars are dropping like flies lately? I mean first and foremost The joker(Heath ledger) B - mac, and Isaac Hayes...etc. I find it very peculiar.

no. rather its the celebrities that you've cared about that are dropping like flies, literaly.
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

I care nothing for celebrities don't put me into that catagory. They're also called stars.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

here is something to challenge your brain.

We as humans know that death will come. We know death is inevitable, we can't escape it. We also know that death can come at any time, any moment, we usually can never see it coming. Since we know these facts, we know death is looking for us, yet when it does come it shocks everyone. Everyone is surprised by the fact that death has made its mark. Why are we surprised when we know that it is unexpected and inevitable?
MsNomer
Mastered PM

Post by MsNomer »

halfnhalf wrote:here is something to challenge your brain.

We as humans know that death will come. We know death is inevitable, we can't escape it. We also know that death can come at any time, any moment, we usually can never see it coming. Since we know these facts, we know death is looking for us, yet when it does come it shocks everyone. Everyone is surprised by the fact that death has made its mark. Why are we surprised when we know that it is unexpected and inevitable?
May I please be excused from being part of your "everyone"?
I expect death and don't raise my eyebrows when it comes. What I raise my eyebrows at is the excessive attention people pay to it... especially to the deaths of celebrities... do you know them? did they know you existed? did their existence create some profound change in your own? chances are the answer is no... so why do you care? People die, it's what they do... like breathing... and I have never found someone else's breathing particularly noteworthy (unless they were naked and next to me).
How IS a Raven like a writing desk? [/b]
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

MsNomer wrote:especially to the deaths of celebrities... do you know them? did they know you existed? did their existence create some profound change in your own? chances are the answer is no...
Sometimes the answer is yes though. Lots of people love celebrities, whether they've met them or not. Death isn't a big surprise to me either, but it's still sad when we lose an entertainer that brings lots of people joy and laughter. Those kinds of things are important, IMO. You don't have to know somehow to mourn their passing. Neither do you need to know someone in person for them to have an effect on your life. I'm not saying celebrities are any better than us, or deserve more in their deaths. Though a person's works while they were alive should count for something. Generally people get sad when someone they know dies. A lot of us have grown up watching these stars, and it's almost like we do know them. That's just my two cents, think about it.
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

halfnhalf wrote:here is something to challenge your brain.

Here's something else to challenge yours, has a dead person ever told you they were shocked when they died? Also a death hasn't shocked me since I was eight years old, so I don't think I'll be shocked by a dead celebrity any time soon.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

rhetorical question?
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

At least it should be, yes.