::GANTZ::

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

lordmulatto
Found the Edit button

Re: ::GANTZ::

Post by lordmulatto »

*bursts into tears* oh thank you god
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

DrPepperPro wrote:[spoiler]Hmm, but he is in the gantz suit. Is it just the way gantz felt like bringing him back? Or does it mean that he is like an "older copy" of himself, maybe from right when he decided to leave when he got 100 pts.[/spoiler]

edit:
[spoiler]I just reread the part in between when he leaves and when he dies, and not as much happened as I thought. So losing that memory wouldn't really serve as a plot device in any way to the story... so ya it's probably just that Gantz put him in the suit.[/spoiler]

edit again:
[spoiler]Oh ya, I forgot though, although he may not lose many memories from that, he would gain many more, from when he was the team leader. So it's still possible.[/spoiler]
everyone who is resurrected came back in their gantz suit
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

ShinigamiGuts wrote: everyone who is resurrected came back in their gantz suit
ya but didn't they also die in theirs? whereas Kurono died in normal clothes.
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

DrPepperPro wrote:
ShinigamiGuts wrote: everyone who is resurrected came back in their gantz suit
ya but didn't they also die in theirs? whereas Kurono died in normal clothes.
oh that's right damn totally forgot about that
What happened again? I remember him and his chick dying. Did he erase his memory?
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

He got killed by the vampire guy after he left the team, which got his memory erased of anything related to gantz. I don't think his girlfriend died, but I can't really remember.
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

This makes since now, everytime kurono came back to the Gantz room he wouldn't remember the events right before. This makes since that he had the suit on.

[spoiler]God damnit kurono's back there is a god1[/spoiler]
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Really! I just read your spoiler, but I didn't see a new Gantz chapter out anywhere. Where is it! I've got to see this. *Runs off like a jittery school girl in search of the new chapter*
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

http://www.mangashare.com/manga/Gantz/

although this is posted an hour after yours, you probably found it by now (at least a jittery school girl would have)

edit: oh I just realized I didn't have the DST thing on, so only 10 mins off. well have fun reading that.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

It true! It's really true! *Is ecstatic* That's freakin awesome.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

so like being totally bored and such i finally got back into read some manga (havent read anything for like over a year). Now i am all up to date on Gantz and must say, i loved the gore, but thats it.

The Osaka team just cracks me up, however i learned why i disliked manga at the same time, the final 100 point boss was just long. It was like the author was milking the "100 point" idea for as long as he could and used a real simple "plan."
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

halfnhalf wrote: The Osaka team just cracks me up, however i learned why i disliked manga at the same time, the final 100 point boss was just long. It was like the author was milking the "100 point" idea for as long as he could and used a real simple "plan."
:LOL:
"Context is for Kings"
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

is the smiley pointing because its true? or did i seriously miss something? I know the manga is pretty much blood, gore and hot chicks, but come on, at least give us something on what the Gantz thing is about...
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

halfnhalf wrote:is the smiley pointing because its true? or did i seriously miss something? I know the manga is pretty much blood, gore and hot chicks, but come on, at least give us something on what the Gantz thing is about...
missed something probably. have you read the spoilers at all?
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

no.. i read the actual manga, so I am all up to date.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

halfnhalf wrote:is the smiley pointing because its true? or did i seriously miss something? I know the manga is pretty much blood, gore and hot chicks, but come on, at least give us something on what the Gantz thing is about...
O its true indeed.
"Context is for Kings"
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

halfnhalf wrote:I know the manga is pretty much blood, gore and hot chicks, but come on, at least give us something on what the Gantz thing is about...
Yeah, I know what you mean, but I'm sure we'll find out eventually. I just have a strong feeling that we'll learn all about Gantz in the end. Anyway, wasn't the newest chapter just like the best thing to happen in Gantz, in like, forever! 8)

[spoiler]Kurono's back! I just can't get over it. I'm so glad he's back. I can't wait to see the next chapter.[/spoiler]
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Starnum wrote:
halfnhalf wrote:I know the manga is pretty much blood, gore and hot chicks, but come on, at least give us something on what the Gantz thing is about...
Yeah, I know what you mean, but I'm sure we'll find out eventually. I just have a strong feeling that we'll learn all about Gantz in the end. Anyway, wasn't the newest chapter just like the best thing to happen in Gantz, in like, forever! 8)

[spoiler]Kurono's back! I just can't get over it. I'm so glad he's back. I can't wait to see the next chapter.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]I wonder how Kurono is going to react to his new teamate, who just happened to be the one who killed him in the first place not to mention decapitating his own brother.

Also poor Mr. Metro Vamp is going to be up shits creek, as I'm sure word will have gotten around he's now part of the Gantz team. And his "old posse" won't be so happy to see him when he meets up with them. Anyway.....if he teams up with Gantz he will be a huge asset considering he seems to be in the know regarding Gantz and their teams, even before the latest arc.....so he'll be a fountain of info.

Also, imagine him with a Gantz suit! 8)[/spoiler]
Let's put a smile on that face...............
lordmulatto
Found the Edit button

Post by lordmulatto »

damn he'd be even more of a monster cuz he's already as strong as someone with the suit
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, he'd be a great asset, especially with the suit on. I don't think Kei is going to be too happy to see him though, heh.
Tempz
Found the Edit button

Post by Tempz »

[spoiler]Well..He has the suit on now so I'm pretty sure he's probably not going to remember anything that happened after he used the 100 points.[/spoiler]
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, that may be the case as well. We'll just have to wait and see.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Starnum wrote:Yeah, that may be the case as well. We'll just have to wait and see.
Well did that other guy (ex-leader) remember what he did after returning to the Gantz room after Kei blew his head off in the mall? Was it like he never left for him or did he remember the circumstances leading up to it?

What was that piece of shit's name again?
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

The Prince wrote:
Starnum wrote:Yeah, that may be the case as well. We'll just have to wait and see.
Well did that other guy (ex-leader) remember what he did after returning to the Gantz room after Kei blew his head off in the mall? Was it like he never left for him or did he remember the circumstances leading up to it?

Well that was different, all people who die and go to the gantz room remember what happened right before they died. But Kurono died while he was just a being normal person. And gantz's last copy of him might have been right after he chose the option to leave with the 100 points. Of course this is just a theory and Gantz is the kind of manga that can get away with not making as much sense, since we don't really know anything about how Gantz works in the first place.

And ya I can't remember his name either. Easy to go look it up, but it's not worth it.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

DrPepperPro wrote:
The Prince wrote:

Well that was different, all people who die and go to the gantz room remember what happened right before they died. But Kurono died while he was just a being normal person. And gantz's last copy of him might have been right after he chose the option to leave with the 100 points. Of course this is just a theory and Gantz is the kind of manga that can get away with not making as much sense, since we don't really know anything about how Gantz works in the first place.

And ya I can't remember his name either. Easy to go look it up, but it's not worth it.
I think the guy we are talking about is Izumi. And like Kei, Izumi was involved in the "Game", being the Gantz leader at one point....as stated by Nishi. And like Kei, Izumi won his freedom and went back to being a normal "crazy" human being. They are unique (from the others) in that they hadn't died and actually went on to live normal lives (before dying later on), as opposed to the others who couldn't have had any other memories after being killed due to the fact that they were dead from the start.

And although Izumi wasn't resurrected the same way Kei was, both did leave Gantz on their own terms and were killed outside the "game". While in the meantime having went about their business as normal civilians with while their memories as part of Gantz were erased.

THUS....Leading me to question if Izumi was aware and remembered all the events that happened to him after leaving Gantz the first time, such as......Going to school, fucking with Kei's head, shooting up half of Tokyo, Kei shooting him in the head.....when he found himself resurrected into the Gantz room the second time. If the story stayed consistent than Kei should be in the same situation as Izumi was as far as were his memories and thoughts lie regarding everything that happened since winning their freedom from Gantz the 1st time.

Going....back to my initial inquiry. Does anyone recall whether Izumi knew he was responsible for the massacre at the mall, among other things, since returning to the Gantz room after Kei shot him????

-BTW....now that there is really no benefit to choosing your freedom with your points considering: You lose all your strengths (weapons and Gantz suit) and experience, while still being fair game as far as being hunted (see Izumi and Kei).......I believe that once Nishi reaches 100pts. he will choose to ressurect Izumi (everyone's favorite) considering he respected Izumi as his former leader.
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

Ya you're probably right (about nishi).

As for the rest, ya there's similarities, but it's still not exactly the same. Well I give up on thinking about it now, the next chapter will be out in a week or so anyways and I'm sure we'll find out then.