Berserk 297 - The Blind Giant God

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Starnum
Elven King

Re: Berserk 297 - The Blind Giant God

Post by Starnum »

DrPepperPro wrote:I know alot of people have mentioned this before, about Gattsu getting his eye and arm back on the elf island, but I wanted to add something to it. I really think Miura intends to do this, mainly because of when Casca fell off the ship and he couldn't pull her up with his fake arm. Before, Gattsu might not have thought it even worth it to get his arm back, since a hidden canon is such a powerful weapon. But now the canon to him is like his revenge; it only gets in the way of helping Casca. Over the course of the post eclipse manga, he seems to be more and more intent on helping/saving Casca than getting his revenge. Anyways my point is that I don't think Miura would have put those scenes in if he didn't plan on Gattsu getting his arm back, or at least the offer of it (he may decline to reasons I can't even think of because who knows what will happen when/if Casca gets her memory back).

Another thing I want to say about when they get to the island: I don't think Puck is going to be welcomed there. I hate to use this as a reference but... like when Jar Jar Binks goes back to his home in the 4th (1st) Star Wars movie. This part here from the manga is all I can really base it off of, but it's probably just Puck's usual joking around. I just have a feeling that they wont be able to go around island and do whatever they please.
Hm, I see where you’re coming from, and I think you made a good argument. I can’t help but doubt he’ll get his arm or eye back though. I do believe he would take them back if they were offered, but for some reason I can’t see the story going that route. If anything, I think it was just a call back to the loss of his arm. A reminder to not only Gatts, but to all of us, about what he’s lost and what he’s sacrificed. You never know though, so we’ll see.

Now as for what you said about Puck, heh, I think you’re probably right. There’s no guarantee that they’re going to just be openly accepted. Though I think Shierke and Evalera will help with that.

Oh btw, Herald, where did you get the word Skellig? I thought it was called Elfhelm.
Guts[LCF]
imanewbie

Post by Guts[LCF] »

Skellig is the island and Elfhelm is the place on the island itself.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Oh right, I remember that now, Roderick mentioned that I believe.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Meh. Anything's possible with Miura, but I really don't think Guts will get his arm back. This topic has been discussed so often I don't feal like restating all the arguments again, but it just doesn't seem like Berserk is that kind of story. I'm less sure about him getting the eye back, though I tend to doubt that too.
FightClub
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by FightClub »

I hope for the sake of badassery, regeneration of lost limbs is beyond elvish lore. Perhaps replacements, but I don't think Guts even with the amount of magic provided is just going to start sprouting limbs. I mean shit, if they can make him grow one, who's to say he wont just want twelve arms so he can have six hand cannons and six dragon slayers?
Rolos wrote:-He was born from a corpse? Has been killing (or assisting in the process) people ever since he was 5? Hahahaa...talk about having a shitty life. Its hilarious because he's not me.
lordmulatto
Found the Edit button

Post by lordmulatto »

well i'm not that sure if he wants to get his arm back
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

lordmulatto wrote:well i'm not that sure if he wants to get his arm back
He probably wants to, but for him to actually do so would seem.....cheap. Some things, once lost, should stay gone.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Yay! I got Starnum! And with my useless Roderick info too!

Anyways, there's still the chance that Roderick's boat may not even be able to find Skellig, if it's protected by wizards and elves. It could be hidden, like Avalon or something. Though, thinking of Avalon, when and if they do make it there (which seems likely) that scene from Dragonheart sure rings a bell. Hey, if Guts is super important to the big dawgs of the universe, maybe he'll be made into a constellation like Hercules, or Orion, or Draco. Though, that sounds like something that should be in the stupid theories thread ... :beer:
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

They'll be able to see it, remember how they found the witch's house? Same deal. Since they're in between worlds, they'll be ale to see it, at least.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Guts[LCF]
imanewbie

Post by Guts[LCF] »

Agree'd this will be the same thing as the witch's house. He won't regain his arm, I highly doubt it. The arm is there as a constant reminder of the horrors he had gone through in the eclipse. He won't resprout anything, at most I can see him gain some sort of new equipment at Elfhelm to maybe lessen his beasts effects for a while. Honestly, what Guts need, is some god damn rest away from all the stress of battle and I think he will be able to at Elfhelm. You can tell he's thinking twice about whether he wants revenge or just live with Caska and I'm sure that a magically enchanted place like Elfhelm would allow him to the latter. Anyways, I don't think he will get any of his limbs back. I do think Caska will regain her sanity though. Only time will tell.
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

If you guys remember a couple of issues back when Caska fell off the boat and he tried to go after her there was one scene where he was looking at his hand and saying some things can never be changed back to the way they were. Or something along those lines. Besides, all the cool kids have missing limbs.

Luke Skywalker, and his daddy are just two on the list. Oh yeah, lets not forger Machine Girl! :D
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

And Testuo from Akira! Though, I can't remember if he just had a whole bunch of metal shit on top of his arm. And t-bag from Prison Break, his hand got cut off too. He's cool in an evil sorta way.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yep, and Ash from Evil Dead & Army of Darkness. Also Red Haired Shanks, from One Piece, is missing an arm. Having a missing eye is cool too, take Big Boss for example, heh.
Truesoul
imanewbie

Post by Truesoul »

And don't forget Edward Elric ;)

So, my first post on the forum, figured it was time to start posting after reading through the forums for such a long time.

On the subject of his arm, I really doubt he'll get it back. Right now his mechanical arm works just as good, and has a cannon. People in this manga don't really "regain" things. Guts mechanical arm and missing eye are part of his character. If you read back in the earlier pre-eclipse chapters, even when he's got a normal arm Miura always drew him in a way that it looked almost mechanical because of the armour-strap he always had attatched to it. I don't think he'd be comfortable with him having a normal arm again.
Lara Skadi
notanewb

Post by Lara Skadi »

I dont think he'll get his arm n eye back either. It would be, at least, weird. well, dont need to repeat all that was said here...
About Casca and Elfhelm, I highly doubt they will get there and won't have her cured, or won't even get in the place. would be a (almost) complete waste of time, not to say it's about time to shake the story with new Guts emotional conflits :D I wonder what he'll do after that. I mean, he can think about settling down with Casca and the kids (haha) but it's not like him to just calm down and for sure he's going to continue persuing griffith, the question is what will happen to make him do so?
I dont know, maybe Griffith discover about that bunch of wizzards and atack the island? O.o

ps.: at least we know the schierke will follow him to the neo-hawks, as sonia already predicted they'd meat again :)
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Dude, it just came to me, what are the other chicks going to do when Casca regains herself? Cuz, they're all in love with Guts (even though he understands other people's emotions about as much as he would those of a tree, if not less). Without Casca's sanity, the girls can imagine being with Guts, but with her as a real woman, they gotta find another guy. Farnese's already got Roderick, as far as I know, but then there's Serpico (must ignore the desire to puke :TMI: ). And for Shierke, I guess she's got Isidro, but he's an immature little monkey, if not entertaining to watch. But what if Casca don't want Guts? I've always thought she'd be into Serpico, y'know, because he's like Griffith in a lot of ways. Then the girls could have Guts, if he would let em. Though, Shierke is a little too young, at least for Guts' tastes.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

The Herald wrote:Dude, it just came to me, what are the other chicks going to do when Casca regains herself? Cuz, they're all in love with Guts (even though he understands other people's emotions about as much as he would those of a tree, if not less). Without Casca's sanity, the girls can imagine being with Guts, but with her as a real woman, they gotta find another guy. Farnese's already got Roderick, as far as I know, but then there's Serpico (must ignore the desire to puke :TMI: ). And for Shierke, I guess she's got Isidro, but he's an immature little monkey, if not entertaining to watch. But what if Casca don't want Guts? I've always thought she'd be into Serpico, y'know, because he's like Griffith in a lot of ways. Then the girls could have Guts, if he would let em. Though, Shierke is a little too young, at least for Guts' tastes.
Again with the kiddy pr0n, what's wrong with you?!

I'd say the most probable outcome if Caska doesn't want to be with Guts would be that Guts simply refuses to stay with anyone, probably reverting to the early Black Swordsman days.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
lordmulatto
Found the Edit button

Post by lordmulatto »

thats highly unlikely because the only reason she hates guts now is cuz he tried to rape her and it reminded her of bad memories so maybe if she were to regain all of her memories she's still be traumatized but atleast she remembers guts
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

The Herald wrote: (even though he understands other people's emotions about as much as he would those of a tree, if not less)
Uh, Gatts has already proven that he's a lot smarter and intellectual than people think. I'm sure he understands other people's emotions just fine. At least a lot better than you seem to think. We've seen Gatts have some pretty deep thoughts before. I'm sure he's more insightful than you give him credit for.
wolfman1718
imanewbie

Post by wolfman1718 »

I think we also must consider this is where we could find some back story on the other members of the god hand. At least one of them maybe since there are wizards and king elves and such.I also believe there is a Strong chance for another encounter with Slan here. Whatever happens most of us might be able to predict the gist of it but won't see the next plot twist coming.
Lara Skadi
notanewb

Post by Lara Skadi »

lordmulatto wrote:thats highly unlikely because the only reason she hates guts now is cuz he tried to rape her and it reminded her of bad memories so maybe if she were to regain all of her memories she's still be traumatized but atleast she remembers guts
she isnt avoiding him because he made her remember those terrifying episodes (well that too), but because he did something bad to her indeed. and he can be very frightening sometimes o.o
and if she comes back with her old and recent memories, she'll remeber he tried to rape her and almost strangled her to death. that will be... er... weird, uh? besides that, he's a constant reminder of what griffith did. even though, I don't think she'll stay away from him (it would be almost nonsense - and I'd get very angry with Miura :OWTH: lol)
The Herald wrote:But what if Casca don't want Guts? I've always thought she'd be into Serpico, y'know, because he's like Griffith in a lot of ways.
Hey! Casca woudnt be into serpico, he's farnese's and must stay single till the very end :D
The Herald wrote:Dude, it just came to me, what are the other chicks going to do when Casca regains herself? Cuz, they're all in love with Guts (even though he understands other people's emotions about as much as he would those of a tree, if not less). Without Casca's sanity, the girls can imagine being with Guts, but with her as a real woman, they gotta find another guy. Farnese's already got Roderick, as far as I know.
Uhm... something tells me that this engagement will not work out so perfectly.
I'm anxiously waiting for another Farnese's crisis after she realizes she will definitly not get what she wants :twisted: :D I can only hope -.-
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Lara Skadi wrote:
The Herald wrote:But what if Casca don't want Guts? I've always thought she'd be into Serpico, y'know, because he's like Griffith in a lot of ways.
Hey! Casca woudnt be into serpico, he's farnese's and must stay single till the very end :D
-
*shudders* Hey just a question here... are you from the South (no offense to anyone from the south)

The reason I ask... Aren't Farnese and Serpico half sis/bro? From what I recall their father slept with a commoner and had Serpico.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

lon3vvolf wrote:
Lara Skadi wrote:
-
*shudders* Hey just a question here... are you from the South (no offense to anyone from the south)

The reason I ask... Aren't Farnese and Serpico half sis/bro? From what I recall their father slept with a commoner and had Serpico.
Royal always engaged in a little incestry here and there.......it was nice clean fun for the whole family.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
Guts[LCF]
imanewbie

Post by Guts[LCF] »

Royals kept it in the family so that their blood would stay pure. I imagine this wasn't the case for every royal family but I can imagine it being true for some families. Explains the dee-dee-dee ness of the medieval ages.

The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

dee dee dee? like that bird king from kirby? so, all the royals were blue and fat? ... wait, they were!