Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Re: Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Post by fujinsan »

War Machine wrote:It's gloating time!

I didn't kill the beasts or used the solar gun, for added difficulty.

I'm going for this as soon as I get done beating Legend of Dragoon. Do you got any tips to make it easier? I know about skipping the cutscenes to make your time faster but got any hints for boss fights?
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

- Keep a shitload of saves; as many as you can bear. I remember I screwed up on Act 4 and was seen by one of the dwarf gekko (the small three-armed robots) and didn't notice it cause I threw a chaff grenade right after, so I played the rest of Act 4 without noticing I had an alert up until the Metal Gear fight where I decided to check on my progress, through the Mission Briefing, and noticed that terrible mistake. Luckily I had a save at the very start of Act 4, which was like 5 or 6 saves back from the last one I made.

- As I just said, you can check your progress at any time during the game by saving and loading the data in Mission Briefing. The data will appear in the orange bar in the middle when you get split screens.

- Make sure you have at least 50 bullets of each kind of emotive ammo (as well as tranquilizer ammo) for the Mk22 and the Mosin Nagant. Also keep at least 10 stun grenades, smoke grenades of each kind, and chaff grenades if possible. And remember that the Saiga 12 with V. RIng bullets and the Grenade Launcher you get from one of the beauties equipped with stun grenades are non-lethal weapons as well, so buy some ammo before starting the Big Boss emblem run.

- You can also kill the beasts if you want to save some time. I didn't kill them because it seemed like cheating considering I was going for the Big Boss emblem, but do whatever you want.

- And finally, there are youtube videos showing you good routes and strategies to make every part easy and simple, but I recommend that you abstain from watching them and try to figure out your own strategies, it makes it a lot more fun.

I could give you some more specific strategies, but I'll let you figure out your own. Maybe I'll help you if you're really struggling, but only if you really, really need it.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

Thanks for the info I'm about to get on my ps3 now and get some hours in on Legend of Dragoon, I'll play some Sc Iv real quick if your on though. By the way do saves count against you when getting it? Probably not so it may be a stupid question.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well, I haven't done anything as cool as getting the Big Boss emblem, but I did complete a no-kills game and got the bandanna, woot! Also I'm currently level 4 on MGO, let's hope I can keep it that way. Now I'm trying to beat the game on extreme, and find anything I might have missed on my other play-throughs, such as codec calls. If you haven't done this, call Rose a lot with the ration equipped and hear a funny conversation between her and Campbell about Rose's not-so-great cooking, heheh. Also, did you guys know that there are ghosts on Shadow Moses? If you equip the Sorrow doll and the digital camera, you can spot them, they're all over the place. They have a FAQ for it over at gamefaqs. I got a sweet pic of the wolf pack with Sniper Wolf's ghost in the background. ;)