The Official Art/Fan Art Thread

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

InterRage
imanewbie

Re: The Official Art/Fan Art Thread

Post by InterRage »

I don't know if you guys know about the mugen fighting engine but some dude made a Guts character for it, that is animated really well.
http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=83959.0
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Uh, let me try it out.

Edit: Man, he's super strong, and big. He's a little bit taller than Juggernaut with and even longer reach, his combos consist of tapping the same button repeatedly and the specials, are ok, but not that cool (just him slashing repeatedly or using the arm cannon). The character itself looks cool, but that's the only cool thing, he's too strong.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
InterRage
imanewbie

Post by InterRage »

His other characters are the same. Very good art and animation but overpowered and cheap. I have the same gripes about the character as you, he is too big. the things I liked about it are the use of the playstation 2 berserk game sounds and the original sprites he drew.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Geese is so screwed right now.
InterRage
imanewbie

Post by InterRage »

I really think that if you pit any fighter from snk or capcom that they'd get a chopping of a life time from guts. In-game and in-manga.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

It's not bad.

Definitely needs some frames.

A lot more frames.

I can see how he swiped Hayate (maybe Strider) from MvC2 in places.

MUGEN is still retarded though and not worth wasting more than 5 seconds on.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

LOL Guts' reach is almost the full screen.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

I <3 Hal Jordan.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

For a professional forum troll you have some pretty sweet drawing skills Femto :D
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Maybe one day I'll be promoted from a professional troll to a professional comic book artist.

One day...
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Femto wrote:Maybe one day I'll be promoted from a professional troll to a professional comic book artist.

One day...
Slash troll :P

But really, I also hope you do become a professional comic book artist, anyone can see you already got the "comic book artist" part down.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

femtroll..

heheh
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

woooooow slow down here people
5 posts in one day on one thread!
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

if you didnt find out what seems off about his arm, i think it may be that his tricep seems too small, mainly when compared to the bicep. if it was a little bigger/longer and possible extended towards the elbow, i think it would look better. it kind of looks like a chunk of it got ripped off. anyway another good drawing :P
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

MrFelony wrote:if you didnt find out what seems off about his arm, i think it may be that his tricep seems too small, mainly when compared to the bicep. if it was a little bigger/longer and possible extended towards the elbow, i think it would look better. it kind of looks like a chunk of it got ripped off. anyway another good drawing :P
Forearms often get exaggerated in comics, as opposed to over-sized triceps that from an aesthetic POV would make a character appear stubby and brutish.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

here, i think this might illustrate what i meant

the red dot is where it looks like his elbow should approximately be based on his bicep. but we can't see it because of the way the arm is angled i think. but the peak where my red line ends visually looks like an elbow so it creates, in my mind at least, a long slope that looks strange. I think if the forearm was rotated inward it may correct that. of course, i don't really know anything about drawing ;)

here is what it would look like if the tricep was made a little bigger and the forearm was moved in slightly

Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

That red dot is not where the elbow would be at all.

And please don't try to "fix" my drawings.

It's rather insulting.

It's totally fine if you try to slap a dildo on Hal Jordan's face, just don't be so presumptuous as to think you can "fix" my drawings.

PS: I think the problem lies in the way the arm bends and the anatomy in the forearm is just off.

Also, the torso may be too small.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Femto wrote:That red dot is not where the elbow would be at all.

And please don't try to "fix" my drawings.

It's rather insulting.

It's totally fine if you try to slap a dildo on Hal Jordan's face, just don't be so presumptuous as to think you can "fix" my drawings.

PS: I think the problem lies in the way the arm bends and the anatomy in the forearm is just off.

Also, the torso may be too small.
I like the second one better..........

Also his ears are too small relative to his nostrils.

And FYI the Green Lantern is black, don't you watch Justice League? Or do you just have something against black people?
Let's put a smile on that face...............
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

The Prince wrote:Or do you just have something against black people?
I think Femto hates everyone equally. 8)
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

i didnt mean to try and "fix" your drawing, i was just trying to illustrate my point. it just seemed that the forearm was too far out. if i thought i could "fix" your drawing, i certainly wouldn't do it in Microsoft paint. i only did it to prove my point about the arm. and i agree. i think the forearm bends unnaturally too much. of course if i had the skill or the right program i would have "fixed" that as well :P

btw the red dot was more of a point where his elbow armpit looked like it would be. except you're right about the forearm being in a weird position, because it doesn't connect at all with the upper arm. ps. did no one read the part where i said i know almost nothing about drawing :P. ps im still drunk from last night and don't remember what happened :?

btw, is it insulting because it actually looks better after i "fixed" your drawing, or just because i fixed it.
InterRage
imanewbie

Post by InterRage »

Femto wrote: MUGEN is still retarded though and not worth wasting more than 5 seconds on.
It's only as retarded as you make it. I'm assuming you were into it only until you've gotten tired of all the overpowered retarded characters. That's not why I'm into it, the ability to do that and the ability to make something of worth is part of the fun of it.
I like it, based on the creativity involved, and I think "that", and the street fighter 2 fame is why there is a good portion of people still making decent characters today.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

I shall from now on refer to Hal Jordan as "Elbow-Butt"

<3 u Femto
ImageImage
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

The funny thing is that if I hadn't written that note in there nobody would've even thought about playing all knowing art critic.

PS: Anatomy is the problem.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I would have.

Beyotch.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

The forearm does look a little stunted I think. From what I've noticed proportions seem to give you the most trouble, but only you would know. I think your shit looks great though. I personally can barely even draw a stick figure, so keep up the great work.