Currently Watching?

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Re: Currently Watching?

Post by Libaax »

Haha sounds interesting.

Pulp fiction like,probation era America, Alchemist ?

Lets hope its doesnt fail to live up to the promise.

Instant downloading and checking it out now !
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Libaax wrote:Haha sounds interesting.

Pulp fiction like,probation era America, Alchemist ?

Lets hope its doesnt fail to live up to the promise.

Instant downloading and checking it out now !
Tell me what you think.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Finished Claymore yesterday. Awesome series, nice and clean ending which leaves some things open for a (maybe possible?) season 2. But no cliffhanger ending at least!

So, now I'm searching for some animes akin to Berserk and Claymore... medieval / low fantasy (so no orks and elves) setting, action, brutality, you know the staff.

Can anyone recommend such an anime?
Tempz
Found the Edit button

Post by Tempz »

Aetherfukz wrote:So, now I'm searching for some animes akin to Berserk and Claymore... medieval / low fantasy (so no orks and elves) setting, action, brutality, you know the staff.

There isn't really any anime that have the action/brutality/medieval setting besides Berserk and Claymore.

Stranger - Mukoh Hadan (Sword of the Stranger) is what I recommend if you haven't seen it. http://myanimelist.net/anime.php?id=2418

If you like that movie..check out Seirei no Moribito.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Aetherfukz wrote:Finished Claymore yesterday. Awesome series, nice and clean ending which leaves some things open for a (maybe possible?) season 2. But no cliffhanger ending at least!

So, now I'm searching for some animes akin to Berserk and Claymore... medieval / low fantasy (so no orks and elves) setting, action, brutality, you know the staff.

Read Claymore manga. Even more badass than the anime. Looks better and more info about Claymore orginasation but total new story after vol 10.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Finito
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Finito »

Watched Tokyo Majin first season, was ok, a little too much japanese people acting like retards for me.

Loved Sword of the Stranger, good fighting scenes, nice animation, didnt care much about the story, the dog lovin stuff and rest of useless scenes.
Tempz
Found the Edit button

Post by Tempz »

I started Hajime no Ippo today..reminds me of Baki the Grappler but 10x better. Watched like 10 episodes back to back.

Yeah, they should of focused more on the [spoiler]immortality[/spoiler] story than the dog scenes.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Tempz wrote:
Aetherfukz wrote:So, now I'm searching for some animes akin to Berserk and Claymore... medieval / low fantasy (so no orks and elves) setting, action, brutality, you know the staff.

There isn't really any anime that have the action/brutality/medieval setting besides Berserk and Claymore.

Stranger - Mukoh Hadan (Sword of the Stranger) is what I recommend if you haven't seen it. http://myanimelist.net/anime.php?id=2418

If you like that movie..check out Seirei no Moribito.
Uh... Seirei no Moribito... that's the Guardian of the Spirit I read about on wikipedia. Searched for the anime on several sites but couldn't find anything. Looks very promising, gonna check out a japanese title search today after work :D
Libaax wrote:Read Claymore manga. Even more badass than the anime. Looks better and more info about Claymore orginasation but total new story after vol 10.
Yeah, I'll probably gonna do that. The anime had a good ending, but as almost always the manga will surely have a better one. But the question is, is the manga even finished? I've read (duh, again on wikipedia) that the magazine where Claymore was published got canceled and such stuff. Is the manga even fully finished, or just like Berserk, work in progress?

Cheers
Tempz
Found the Edit button

Post by Tempz »

The anime follows the manga up until chapter 60 or so..after that it's completely different from the last 4-5 episodes. There's only 20 or so chapters left after you've caught up with where the anime differs. Chapter 80 is the latest chapter and it'd probably be better to catch up to the releases than to keep thinking that ending was good. :thumb:
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Batman anime DVD was pretty good. Not great, but pretty good. Has its mix of stories, but it just feels too much like reading a collection of short stories in a trade, more than viewing it as an DVD. Still, as a hard core Batman fan, I enjoyed it a lot.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Eldo wrote:Batman anime DVD was pretty good. Not great, but pretty good. Has its mix of stories, but it just feels too much like reading a collection of short stories in a trade, more than viewing it as an DVD. Still, as a hard core Batman fan, I enjoyed it a lot.
Is it based in the same universe as the current movies?
Let's put a smile on that face...............
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Watched Battle Programmer Shirase yesterday which was really neat and funny. Too bad there isn't a second season because the series got canceled.

Probably gonna start with Baccano! today.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

The Prince wrote:
Eldo wrote:Batman anime DVD was pretty good. Not great, but pretty good. Has its mix of stories, but it just feels too much like reading a collection of short stories in a trade, more than viewing it as an DVD. Still, as a hard core Batman fan, I enjoyed it a lot.
Is it based in the same universe as the current movies?
That's what DC officials claim. They wanted this to be a bridge between Begins and Dark Knight. There's no major references from both movies that join them together, but it's not really that important whether it's based on the same universe of the movies or the comics. The people at DC wanted this to be what Animatrix is to the Matrix, so I guess it kind of works that well.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Got my ass out of the wagon and begun with the first season of Code Geass.
It seems like a really good anime, the action begins straight away :D

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, I ended up switching to the fansubs b/c Adult Swim was taking too long, and I was better for it, of course. The original voice actors are just so much better. Anyway, I hope the second season has a better conclusion, b/c the end of the first season is just a giant cliff-hanger. I mean, WTH? Oh, I'm talking about Code Geass, in case that wasn't clear.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Have seen 23 episodes of Code Geass now.
The pace of the story seems pretty fast, I mean the progress is ten times faster then in any Gundam series :shock:
[spoiler]Im still wondering how Leluch could handle the mechas without any training though :P[/spoiler]

Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

I actually just picked up World destruction. Its coming on episode 2 now, seems somewhat interesting. But Nothing really catches my eye this season of anime.
"Context is for Kings"
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

Watched Sword of the stranger, great movie w/ lots of violence. 10/10

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
Tempz
Found the Edit button

Post by Tempz »

Been watching Hunter x Hunter and Eureka 7. Anyone seen the first episode of Blade of the Immortal yet?.. How is it compared to the manga?
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Gotten to season 2 of Code Geass now

[spoiler]Actually thought that Leluch had used his own Geass on himself to blank out his memory. But that had been to much alike Death Note I guess :P[/spoiler]

Anyone know why Major always takes like 1 month until a new episode is released?

chowder202
imanewbie

Post by chowder202 »

blade of the immortal was amazing :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

both the manga and the anime are equally well :D :D :D :D :D :D

there should be a thread on this on the anime section
Dominion
This is my new home

Post by Dominion »

Don't bother watching Seirei no Moribito... not unless you wanna be taught how a woman should act (which is the real deal behind this anime)

The animation is clean and all and the fight scenes were well directed and flow quite nicely though are brief and far between.
The ending was alright in terms of closure but the whole thing was just not as entertaining as you would think. Maybe if you want a change of pace to the more 'mindless' animes being churned out, (animes which spell everything out for you and/or stick to the formula of attractive and angst ridden main character fighting evil (monsters) hidden in society) then watch Seirei no Moribito.

Otherwise watch a classic anime... like Giant Robo OAV!
"Happiness is an inside job"
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

I'm on some kind of comedy trip lately... watched the 6 Golden Boy OVAs which were absolutely hilarious. And now I'm up to episode 10 of Excel Saga which also brought me close to tears with laughter.
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

Aetherfukz wrote:I'm on some kind of comedy trip lately... watched the 6 Golden Boy OVAs which were absolutely hilarious. And now I'm up to episode 10 of Excel Saga which also brought me close to tears with laughter.

If you liked these 2 shows, you should watch this http://myanimelist.net/anime.php?id=564 it is in the same vain.

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Yeah sometime I will definately watch Puni Puni Poemi, there was even a trailer in some Excel Saga episode.

Anyway I'm watching Eureka Seven right now, seen the first 9 episodes yesterday (after seeing like 5 episodes scattered throught the whole 50 on tv) and I freaking love it. Sweet characters, really good action, some comedy, some romance, the hint of a great story to come, everything I like :D

P.S. Nabe-Hame-Ha! :lol: