Where did thehawks.org go?

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

BurningStar
imanewbie

Where did thehawks.org go?

Post by BurningStar »

As a long time forum lurker I miss that site (I still have this one though). Did they move or get a new internet address?
Finito
I live in a giant bucket.

Re: Where did thehawks.org go?

Post by Finito »

Do you watch a lot of chinese movies? I'm watching you Psych0!!

Blade says :"every god damn day".

Read my lips if you can...............
BurningStar
imanewbie

Post by BurningStar »

Anyone else?
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

BurningStar wrote:Anyone else?
Nope.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I got flamed off of that forum...
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

*shrugs* don't care.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

*shrugs* don't care.
Yeah....sure you don't. Give me a break. :?

Sorry....but why be such an a$$ about it?

TS had a legitimate question. And would seem very relevant considering, what this site does and is about.
Eldo wrote:
BurningStar wrote:Anyone else?
Nope.
Hater.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

I think it's more no one knows and they have this site, so no one cares. As far as I know and have heard, they're still up and running (though their website wouldnt load for me :?) and still will do the scanlations of the volumes. btw, this really should be in the berserk section
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

MrFelony wrote:I think it's more no one knows and they have this site, so no one cares. As far as I know and have heard, they're still up and running (though their website wouldnt load for me :?) and still will do the scanlations of the volumes. btw, this really should be in the berserk section
No one knows, so no one cares....? What if SK.NET shutdown? So regardless of being an important player in the Berserk community, we should not have any interest in anything not affiliated with EG and its staff?

I consider myself beholden to this site as much as anyone. But I am also a firm supporter of anyone that shares an interest in Berserk and getting the word out. And for The Hawks at one time being the centerpiece of the Berserk (English speaking) internet community (if there is such a thing), for them to go under or D/C their scanlations, should at least be noteworthy on a site like this. Who wouldn't be curious to know the set of circumstances that led to them shutting down (if this were the case)?.....I Haven't been able to get in or logon to their site for weeks.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

The hawks translations are mediocre at best. Shit EG pretty much blows everyone out the water. I like our trans better than dark horses.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

that was a two part answer. 1. no one knows. 2 they have this site. and thehawks.org is a little different in that it's been pretty out of it for a while. I haven't heard of them doing anything in a looong while. I am curious as to why it shut down, but it's not like it shutting down will greatly impact my life, or the lives of many others here. and SK.net is much different from thehawks.org. the hawks, from what i've heard, haven't contributed a lot as of late. SK.net does a lot of things for the berserk community from my understanding. maybe psi knows something :?. he's usually the one who fields questions about thehawks.org (which we get every few months).
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

The Prince wrote:What if SK.NET shutdown?
I still wouldn't care. It has nothing to do with being beholden to anything. I don't use SK.net, and I don't agree with everything they have on their site, so I couldn't care less what happens to them. Besides, they've tried to start shit with us in the past. I care more about Thehawks.org, only b/c I read their scans before I joined EG. I haven't gotten anything from them in years though, so why should I care. I'm not trying to be an ass, hell, I didn't even know they were still making releases anymore, that's all. *shrugs*
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

i don't even read berserk anymore lol. I'm waiting for some progress to be made before i start again.
Gigio
imanewbie

Post by Gigio »

The hawks are dead. I am 100% sure about it.

You see, a friend of a friend of an uncle of an uncle of mine said a friend of his wife's second son heard the hawks died on a plain crash.

PS: Seriously, who fucking cares? EG is still up and running, and thats all I need to know.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Chances are they moved on to something else since translating Berserk volumes became a once a year job. I'm grateful for the job they did.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

thehawks.org is working fine for me? *shrugs*
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

Ya, most of the members noticed that it had shut down, for reasons yet undisclosed. I saw that in the past they got suspended for hosting links to torrents, but that was a couple of years ago. here's a link to the thread discussing the most recent shut down http://www.thehawks.org/hawks/forum/ind ... pic=5653.0
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

War Machine wrote: I'm grateful for the job they did.
Definitely. I read something else released by them once too. I think it was Kuroshiya no Ichi or something.