Berserk Stupid theories

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

is this thread useful?

Yes
51%
No
15%
You should die Dark for reviving this shit
34%

Total votes: 248

War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Re: Berserk Stupid theories

Post by War Machine »

The Herald wrote:This is why we should have a serious berserk theories thread, but the mods would just eventually merge it with this one because it would eventually get stupid.
Don't be discouraged by the title, this topic is for theories in general. That way, if it turns out you were wrong you can say it was only a joke. :)
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Not sure if any of these are stupid or not, but here goes:

1: When everybody is all healed and good, the crew returns to Ys with Roderick (his natural choice because every other port is unsafe and he'd probably want to go home) and it has been invaded by Kushan and Roderick is the only surviving heir to the throne, thereby becoming king.

2: When they return to Ys nothing is wrong, everyone is welcomed by the court, especially Farnese as Roderick's fiance, and a more mature Theresa is shown to be his cousin adopted by his family after she was orphaned (her hair is similar and it was never revealed what country they were in during that chapter).

3: Theresa has become a wandering bandit/ thief and meets up with Rickert and Erica and goes along with them.

4: Farnese actually falls for Roderick (can't see why not :P) and they have a beautiful wedding :)

5: Farnese doesn't fall for Roderick but they still have a big ol' party anyways :lol:

6: And Slan used to be a repressed nun, that's why she's always masturbating.
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

I like # 6 :twisted:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

I'm wondering if the God Hand's original selves are even needed for the story. Sure, they could bring some explanation of their former selves, but the "people" they are now are the ones influencing the story, so I don't see a good reason, in the story so far, to even bring their respective pasts to light. That said, Slan as a repressed nun, or simply a repressed woman, seems very plausible.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

War Machine wrote:I'm wondering if the God Hand's original selves are even needed for the story. Sure, they could bring some explanation of their former selves, but the "people" they are now are the ones influencing the story, so I don't see a good reason, in the story so far, to even bring their respective pasts to light. That said, Slan as a repressed nun, or simply a repressed woman, seems very plausible.
I mostly agree, with one exception. I think it would be very nice to see Void (and hence Skull Knight's) backstory, since alone of the God's Hand, that backstory seems relevent. Other than that, I agree, the backstories of the others would only detract from the story. It's better to leave them up to people's imagination.
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

The Herald wrote:1: When everybody is all healed and good, the crew returns to Ys with Roderick (his natural choice because every other port is unsafe and he'd probably want to go home) and it has been invaded by Kushan and Roderick is the only surviving heir to the throne, thereby becoming king.

2: When they return to Ys nothing is wrong, everyone is welcomed by the court, especially Farnese as Roderick's fiance, and a more mature Theresa is shown to be his cousin adopted by his family after she was orphaned (her hair is similar and it was never revealed what country they were in during that chapter).
Both of these are very plausible in my opinion, although the first one isn't as interesting as the second.
madonnalal
notanewb

Post by madonnalal »

Griffith is the anti-Christ and Gutts is Jesus. Gutts will die and his blood with wash away all the pain and suffering in the world.

As dumb as this sounds, I have a source http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antichrist_in_fiction
hbi2k
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by hbi2k »

And that's how the story of Alvis began. He killed for your sins! "Vengeance is mine, quoth Alvis!"
Berserk: The Abridged Series: Beating a dead horse with another dead horse.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Almost any story can be broken down into either five or three acts. I'll break down Berserk into five because it's so epic:

Act One: the first part where Guts is the black swordsman before the Golden Age arc and the Golden Age up until after the Great Eclipse and Guts decides to leave on his own, basically explaining the en medias res style.
Main Characters introduced:
-Guts
-Casca
-Griffith
-Puck
-Skullnight
-Zodd
-Silat
-Godhand
-Charlotte
-The Band of the Hawk (deceased)
-Rickert
-Guts and Casca's child

Act Two: Guts blackswordsman until when Griffith was reborn in Albion.
Characters introduced:
-Farnese (brief intro in act one, but miniscule for act importance)
-Serpico (ditto)
-Isidro

Act Three: the kushan invasion, until when Griffith (probably) defeats Ganishka
Characters introduced:
-Shierke
-Sonia and the new Band
-Ganishka
-Roderick
This act seems so long because the way the story is set up there's no winding down to fifth act, but it is not the fourth act because important characters are still being introduced within the Kushan invasion chunk fo the story.

Acts Four and Five: all presumptions of course, but most likely this will consist of Guts and party's arrival on Skellig and making Casca better. This could be a small act, like two, but these acts tend to be. Would transit into act five when Guts makes the definitive decision on how he will face Griffith. As far as I can predict, Berserk is closer to its end than its beginning, but Miura's detail is almost overwhelming the story and is certainly making it come about very very slowly. I love the artwork in this epic masterpiece, but I do want to see an end, instead of continuously predicting one. Of course, this sumation of Berserk will be debated, but I feel it's a pretty good one, coming from all the years of english I've had to endure :lol:
lordmulatto
Found the Edit button

Post by lordmulatto »

i think that griffith will become king somehow dont ask me how but guts will still be out to kill him after leaving caska in elfheim or healing her mind and taking her with him and he goes through killing after killing after killing and finaly reaches griffith after leaving his other companions behind to fight apostles or soldiers and he kills griffith but in the process either him or caska die
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

lordmulatto wrote:i think that griffith will become king somehow dont ask me how but guts will still be out to kill him after leaving caska in elfheim or healing her mind and taking her with him and he goes through killing after killing after killing and finaly reaches griffith after leaving his other companions behind to fight apostles or soldiers and he kills griffith but in the process either him or caska die
Possible, but that would be a rather standard/normal ending for this genre of story. Given how amazing it's been so far, I'm really hoping that Miura can come up with something more original for his ending.
lordmulatto
Found the Edit button

Post by lordmulatto »

yeah his ending will mostlikely be completely unexpected and sad but i will still love it
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Then I guess the ending won't be Guts giving into the evil and becoming an apostle, or a creature like the SK, because I've been seeing that as how the story arc has been forming.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

No way, that would constitute a massive tragedy and Miura promised us a good ending.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

War Machine wrote:No way, that would constitute a massive tragedy and Miura promised us a good ending.
"Good ending".....as in a happy ending?

Though I've heard this claim as well, I have also heard claims that Miura intends to run Berserk past the 100 volume mark, etc..... Though I have no reason to doubt these claims, I am curious to see the context toward which these statements were made. For example perhaps Miura's vision for what constitutes a 'happy ending' is different than ours, or perhaps he did in fact say 'good ending' which people may have taken to suggest a 'happy ending', which may not be the case.

And in terms of Berserk being over a 100 volumes, I imagine people may have confused the fact that Miura drew inspiration from another Manga of that length or could have been alluding to another Manga he had been writing since his childhood. With both these stories being true and the snail's pace in which Miura releases his chapters, let alone each volume, such a claim would be proposterous.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
lordmulatto
Found the Edit button

Post by lordmulatto »

no it wont be happy well it wont be very happy it'll probably make people cry
FightClub
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by FightClub »

Kentaro Miura will reenact everyone's favorite scene from Misery if he DOESN'T HURRY THE FUCK UP!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5OlolbLXvw
Rolos wrote:-He was born from a corpse? Has been killing (or assisting in the process) people ever since he was 5? Hahahaa...talk about having a shitty life. Its hilarious because he's not me.
lordmulatto
Found the Edit button

Post by lordmulatto »

hahaha well you cant be so impatient
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

madonnalal wrote:As dumb as this sounds, I have a source http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antichrist_in_fiction

Sorry, couldn't resist :D
thedavemc
imanewbie

Post by thedavemc »

While in elfheim Guts is shown the way of contemporary hip hop dance by a street gnome. Returning to MIdland to find a victorious Griffith hanging out at a saturday night fever type club with the apostles, Guts challenges him to a dance off. Griffith puts on 'I will survive' doing an intricate mix of disco and ballet, Guts responds with his hard edged shape throwing and spooks Griffith into a quintuple pirouette which ends with him sprawled on the floor with the apostles laughing at him. Next scene is like one of those gay phone line ads with guts in a vest at the centre with all the apostles trying to chat him up.
lordmulatto
Found the Edit button

Post by lordmulatto »

wow thats kinda retarded
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

thedavemc wrote:While in elfheim Guts is shown the way of contemporary hip hop dance by a street gnome. Returning to MIdland to find a victorious Griffith hanging out at a saturday night fever type club with the apostles, Guts challenges him to a dance off. Griffith puts on 'I will survive' doing an intricate mix of disco and ballet, Guts responds with his hard edged shape throwing and spooks Griffith into a quintuple pirouette which ends with him sprawled on the floor with the apostles laughing at him. Next scene is like one of those gay phone line ads with guts in a vest at the centre with all the apostles trying to chat him up.
At which point Slann slaughters all of the Apostles, declaring that Guts is her boy-toy, and none of them are allowed to touch.
lordmulatto
Found the Edit button

Post by lordmulatto »

i think that at some point she'll save guts from something so that she can love him all she wants
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

slan will save him from the king of elfhelm turning him into a constellation and then he'll die because he's not immortal and she'll officially become a necropheliac, if she weren't already one (see berserk: the blind giant god forum) ;)
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Ok this theory stems from my idea after they reach Elfheim, its actually more like a scenario.

Caska gets her memory back, wants to settle with Gats, and he reluctantly agrees. However Griffith comes along and fucks shit up by asking Shierke if its 'raep tiem.' Or something along those lines. This would throw Berserk further into the category of most f*cked up manga ever.