Berserk 297 - The Blind Giant God

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Se7en
imanewbie

Re: Berserk 297 - The Blind Giant God

Post by Se7en »

True enough, I could imagine Griffith as a war Jesus since hes running among the clouds and having those giant, bright wings. Though I question if everyone down there wonder wtf he went.

Maybe the battle will turn out faster than we think,

maybe Griffith will super-size himself and have a 2 second Chappelle finish move.
Arcandus
notanewb

Post by Arcandus »

Se7en wrote:True enough, I could imagine Griffith as a war Jesus since hes running among the clouds and having those giant, bright wings. Though I question if everyone down there wonder wtf he went.

Maybe the battle will turn out faster than we think,

maybe Griffith will super-size himself and have a 2 second Chappelle finish move.
This would sound like power rangers uhauhauhauha.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

I want it to be fast so the story goes on... although a good twist would be cool too. :cool:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Buuhan1
Mastered PM

Post by Buuhan1 »

Is it too much to hope for that Griffith just gets stepped on and the story continues?
I think Guts is a pretty cool guy, eh kills shit an doesn't afraid of anything.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Buuhan1 wrote:Is it too much to hope for that Griffith just gets stepped on and the story continues?
Yes, it is.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

He'd just be a really shiny splinter. Then he'd wriggle his way up the emperor, like one of them beetles in the mummy, and kill his brain from the inside.
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
tim
imanewbie

Post by tim »

im really wondering what the last word in his sentence is, it wouldnt have been cut off if it was anything simple like "nemesis" or whatever.

attempted reminder:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

ok the picture is hosted in a horrific size but the important part is on.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Enemy? God? Desire? I could see any of these (and quite a few other things) as possibilities. Perhaps the reason that Miura left the last word out is that he wants us to use our imaginations to fill in the blank.
Khelegond
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Khelegond »

I think it's more along the lines of not even the emperor can discern what Griffith is for him... is him his god? Is him his nemesis?

If he can barely discern what he is, how can he discern Griffith?
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Any news on the next release date for Berserk?
Let's put a smile on that face...............
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

The Prince wrote:Any news on the next release date for Berserk?
The 8-Ball says 'no', unfortunately.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

*shakes 8-ball*

"Don't bet on it"

... Damn.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
hbi2k
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by hbi2k »

"Signs point to STFU"?!?!

Who's been messing with my 8-ball?
Berserk: The Abridged Series: Beating a dead horse with another dead horse.
lordmulatto
Found the Edit button

Post by lordmulatto »

jesus did he likes to fuck with people like that
jistanidiot
imanewbie

Post by jistanidiot »

Since this thread has wandered into the "when is the next release" type of thread now, I'll contribute to it continuing to go off topic :o

Is there some link that lists all the chapters and when they were published? I'd kinda like to figure out if Miura has always been this flaky about getting the chapters written/drawn.
lordmulatto
Found the Edit button

Post by lordmulatto »

well this is the second time this has happened to me and last time it happened he stopped in like november and the coolest thing ever happened the new chapter came out on my birthday
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

So that's it, he waits till some fans' birthday to release it, now we have to figure out who...
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

Wasn't it Miura's birthday kinda recently. He should have released it then!
lordmulatto
Found the Edit button

Post by lordmulatto »

that would have been kick ass
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

My birthday is Christmas, I hope it doesn't take that long.

This looks like its gonna be Griffith centric for a while. Guts don't look like he's gonna be on scene for a while yet. Griffith is going to have to kill the emperor and become king and all and threaten all of the wizards for another story arc to begin when Guts and co hit skellig.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

The Herald wrote:My birthday is Christmas, I hope it doesn't take that long.

This looks like its gonna be Griffith centric for a while. Guts don't look like he's gonna be on scene for a while yet. Griffith is going to have to kill the emperor and become king and all and threaten all of the wizards for another story arc to begin when Guts and co hit skellig.

If he waits till after he becomes king to launch his attack (which would be the sensible thing to do), it probably won't arrive till after Guts and Co. have been on the island for a bit. Which would make sense, since Guts really needs a break for a while.
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

I know alot of people have mentioned this before, about Gattsu getting his eye and arm back on the elf island, but I wanted to add something to it. I really think Miura intends to do this, mainly because of when Casca fell off the ship and he couldn't pull her up with his fake arm. Before, Gattsu might not have thought it even worth it to get his arm back, since a hidden canon is such a powerful weapon. But now the canon to him is like his revenge; it only gets in the way of helping Casca. Over the course of the post eclipse manga, he seems to be more and more intent on helping/saving Casca than getting his revenge. Anyways my point is that I don't think Miura would have put those scenes in if he didn't plan on Gattsu getting his arm back, or at least the offer of it (he may decline to reasons I can't even think of because who knows what will happen when/if Casca gets her memory back).

Another thing I want to say about when they get to the island: I don't think Puck is going to be welcomed there. I hate to use this as a reference but... like when Jar Jar Binks goes back to his home in the 4th (1st) Star Wars movie. This part here from the manga is all I can really base it off of, but it's probably just Puck's usual joking around. I just have a feeling that they wont be able to go around island and do whatever they please.

TheDrizzit
Beware my tactical spam

Post by TheDrizzit »

:lol:
That's right!! Another pointless post by me bitches!!! HA!
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

I love the Star Wars reference, and it totally makes sense, though, I don't think Puck is in that much trouble. I think it's more like what happens to a Kender in Dragonlance when they mature, they want to explore. Even if the elves don't like Puck, I think the rest of Skellig will still be on Shierke and Evarella's side. Though, we don't really know Evarella's history. The worst part about this whole story arc is that we can't even be sure the Elf King can do anything. Even if we think of him as the best magician in the Berserk world, what would he actually be able to accomplish, other than reading Casca's mind? Personally I think Casca's going to need some intensive therapy to get even close to normal, and she never will be normal, and I doubt anything is going to happen to Guts. When he was shown to be weak because of his metal arm, I personally think that was to show that even though he's a walking tank, he's still human, and humans can't do everything alone.
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

DrPepperPro wrote:I really think Miura intends to do this, mainly because of when Casca fell off the ship and he couldn't pull her up with his fake arm.
In that chapter, Guts also mentions how things won't ever be the same after he's back on the ship. In addition to that, Guts has said in the past that he is unable to get over his right eye's last sight. Things like that make me believe that his losses are final and irreversible.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!