Movies of '08

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Re: Movies of '08

Post by Buzkashi »

Just saw "The Green Mile" for the first time. Pretty much reminded me what a great film is supposed to be like.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Buzkashi wrote:Just saw "The Green Mile" for the first time. Pretty much reminded me what a great film is supposed to be like.
Yeah.....I heard St. Elmo's Fire was pretty good to.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Buzkashi wrote:Just saw "The Green Mile" for the first time. Pretty much reminded me what a great film is supposed to be like.
Yeah, kind of like MGS4, only without the video game parts. :P
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

The prince is like percy from the green mile. I'll leave the rest to you.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Saw the Hulk and The Happening in the last few days. The Happening was an interesting premise but the execution was lackluster (it got really stale after the first hour)

I really liked the Hulk, I thought Norton was spectacular in the role.
ImageImage
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Tempest wrote:I really liked the Hulk, I thought Norton was spectacular in the role.
I concur. It wasn't as good as iron man in my opinion but its still buckets better than the previous hulk movie... that was garbage.

I couldn't help myself to look at the spoilers for The Happening and I'm glad I did. Seems like a very stupid concept.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

The Ruins - To be honest I thought this was going to suck big time, it didnt to my surprise. The ending was a little corny though but the way there was somewhat different. It wasnt as good as The Mist but it was good.

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

Loeviz wrote:The Ruins - To be honest I thought this was going to suck big time, it didnt to my surprise. The ending was a little corny though but the way there was somewhat different. It wasnt as good as The Mist but it was good.
I saw the ruins as well. It was pretty creepy until you learned what the monster was. After that point, the whole theater could not stop laughing at the movie.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

I saw Kung fu panda and it is more than worth the money to go see it. I laughed my ass off and enjoyed the shit outta it. go see it. end of story
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Saw Iron Man some time ago: Pretty much this sums up my opinion about the movie: Meh, just meh. I wouldn't watch it a second time.
I really digged the Iron Man comics and animations, but this seems just to be a typical hollywood blockbuster. Granted Robert Downey Jr. really played a smooth Tony Stark, and the story was ok, but somehow... the film didn't click with me as the Spider-Man movies or Batman Begins did.

Also saw Indiana Jones 4 last week. What a crapload of digital effect. And what the hell, Indy isn't even the real main character anymore, it's that Shaia LeBeuf character who initiates all the action and gets even more screentime than good old Indy.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

dialdfordesi wrote:
Loeviz wrote:The Ruins - To be honest I thought this was going to suck big time, it didnt to my surprise. The ending was a little corny though but the way there was somewhat different. It wasnt as good as The Mist but it was good.
I saw the ruins as well. It was pretty creepy until you learned what the monster was. After that point, the whole theater could not stop laughing at the movie.
Well it was a little corny some of the things in the movie. Still Its better than the average horror flick.
I was expecting the Mexicans were going to go loco on their asses :P

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

I saw rambo on blu-ray. SHIT WAS AWESOME. yah the movie is short, but who cares, seeing the Asian Shell doctor dude that can ensure a clean piston in my car kill people was good enough for me. I enjoyed the movie for what it was, mayhem and the glory of killing a person that John Rambo gets.

Also got to see No Country for Old Men. shit, i loved every second of this movie. It felt like a book being visually played for my eyes. The pace of the movie and the direction it went with the story just felt awesome. I was in awe every moment Chigur was on camera. For those of you that didnt get the movie the first time, trust me on this one, you've seen the movie, now understand the dialog (put the subtitles on, it doesnt ruin the experience).

NCfOM spoiler:
[spoiler]Okay, so does the sheriff see Chigur in the crime scene hotel? The way it shows the scene it feels like the sheriff "thinks" he sees Chigur, but afterwards when he has his ending monologue, it feels like he is disappointed in himself for the fact that he had to let Chigur go because he did face him in the hotel room but had to say he "didnt" see him to avoid being killed by him. Thats the impression i got. Chigur is fucking awesome, his silenced shotgun and cattle prong to use as a weapon to kill is just genius, pure heartless, but genius.[/spoiler]
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Just saw wanted. Great movie, though there are a couple of plot holes. Great action. Great Angelina's Jolies :D
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

halfnhalf wrote:NCfOM spoiler:
[spoiler]Okay, so does the sheriff see Chigur in the crime scene hotel? The way it shows the scene it feels like the sheriff "thinks" he sees Chigur, but afterwards when he has his ending monologue, it feels like he is disappointed in himself for the fact that he had to let Chigur go because he did face him in the hotel room but had to say he "didnt" see him to avoid being killed by him. Thats the impression i got. Chigur is fucking awesome, his silenced shotgun and cattle prong to use as a weapon to kill is just genius, pure heartless, but genius.[/spoiler]
I'm pretty sure the sheriff knew Chigurh was there but he realized that, to put in comic book terms, he was out of his league, hence the title "No Country for Old Men."
MournfulWoods
This is my new home

Post by MournfulWoods »

I went to see WALL-E at the theater and it's absolutly fantastic, great animation. I think it's Pixar's best. Even better than Toy Story, wich used to be my favourite animated movie.
http://backalleybazaar.wordpress.com
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Saw Wanted. It's a far cry from the comic, in a very good way. Good amount of summer movie bang bang boom boom and a pretty interesting story, albeit confusing at times.
ImageImage
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

WALL - E was very good, I agree, but I still like Ratatouille and Toy Story better. I think that WALL-E is better, but man does it depress me. All of the StarWars and 2001 jokes were very enjoyable though.
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
Finito
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Finito »

Wanted was very good except for the ending fight which I thought was missing some inspiration. [spoiler]Peanut butter + rat = ratarded... when he tries to go up the stairs... fatty pork chop ninja... and the circle of waste killing all bad guys with one bullet...[/spoiler]

Still the action was pretty great, the first action scene already gives you enough for your money.
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

Well I watched JUNO: And i thought it was pretty much "MEH" 6/10, kinda wish I had my hour and a half back. Stupid jokes, not enough background information on the characters, and I hated jennifer garners character.

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Finito wrote:Wanted was very good except for the ending fight which I thought was missing some inspiration. [spoiler]Peanut butter + rat = ratarded... when he tries to go up the stairs... fatty pork chop ninja... and the circle of waste killing all bad guys with one bullet...[/spoiler]

Still the action was pretty great, the first action scene already gives you enough for your money.
Is it possible to curve a bullet. even a little bit?
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

The Prince wrote: Is it possible to curve a bullet. even a little bit?
Technically if there is nothing in it's way, every bullet curves in a downward arc due to gravity and a loss of momentum over time.
ImageImage
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

WALL•E was absolutely fantastic.

Up there with Monsters Inc. and The Incredibles as my favorite Pixar movies.

Best movie I've seen this year so far.

Iron Man is a very close runner-up.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

The Prince wrote:Is it possible to curve a bullet. even a little bit?
Yes, but you have to blow on it really hard.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I really got off on hearing my name so much during that movie.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Femto wrote:
The Prince wrote:Is it possible to curve a bullet. even a little bit?
Yes, but you have to blow on it really hard.
Is that your answer for everything? :?