Desert Punk

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Desert Punk

Post by The Herald »

Has anyone else out there seen or even heard of Desert Punk? I have the whole series and I can't get enough of either the English or the Japanese dialogues. They're both different, but both awesome in their own way.
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Re: Desert Punk

Post by Deathbringer »

Beginning and middle is awesome, then they put a "serious" storyline which sucks balls.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Nah, I don't think so. If you watch it all the way through it's still funny and ends well. Plus, the Punk get's cool and evil :P.
Grandfather_of_Lies
notanewb

Post by Grandfather_of_Lies »

Desert Punk is the embodiment of a thing called chaotic neutral alignment. You can not describe it, you just have to see it. Brilliant series that everyone should watch.
Jack! Jack!
Jack in a Box
Jack of all Trades
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

I´ve seen the whole thing and I liked it.
Kanta was funny as hell.
Was a shame really that they didnt do another season or a few more episodes before it all ended.

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I havent finished this series. I will now that i remembered i havent finished it.

I thought it was really funny. Normally i dont like ecchie like humor but in this it was awesome.

Shame to hear about the serious storyline ending, it wasnt really the point of this series to have something serious.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Facade19
Mastered PM

Post by Facade19 »

I have the complete box set (still wrapped in the shrink).
Shoot I do not know whether the $$$ was worth it.
I might return it. But dang it the half part of episode 1 reminds me of Trigun a bit, which I really really love.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Libaax wrote:I havent finished this series. I will now that i remembered i havent finished it.

I thought it was really funny. Normally i dont like ecchie like humor but in this it was awesome.

Shame to hear about the serious storyline ending, it wasnt really the point of this series to have something serious.
But it wasn't really serious in a bad way. It was just a climax with the Punk sticking to his guns. By the end he was shown as a dynamic character with a real purpose that fit with his personality and style. He was funny, yes, but not without that whole serious survival undertone. And at the end he still had his crass demeanor, it was just the people he was defending his ways and his world against that were too serious.